Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Once a month

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

MaxImumVerStap

May 24, 2022
Hey everyone, I was wondering how often you like to see your favourite games getting updates. Would you rather like one big one every month or two or have a few smaller ones in the month.

Personally I like to see like 2 or 3 smaller ones a month even if they only have bug fixes and some added skins or little things etc or even if it's part of a bigger update added in sections

I feel like when it's one big update it's like your waiting for that and no matter how big it is you can get through it all in a day and then you have to wait ages, atheist if it's every like 10-15 days you don't have to wait long for you next thing

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
I honestly don't care how long they take. I'm currently playing about 70 different games. Some of them update every month others we've been waiting for 1 year+ > At the end of the day i'm not paying for most of them so i really don't care how long it takes (as long as they don't get abandoned)

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I do monthly updates with a decent amount of content by my standards. About 40k words in each update. It's a text game, so by those standards that's merely a decent amount, I suppose.

I'm satisfied with my current pace, considering I can only dedicate my free time to my game.

The benefits of having a complete and stable framework: You can just focus on content/implementing new stuff into the game.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What matter for me is the amount of content added by each update.

I don't care waiting five months or more, as long as I get enough content (both in terms of length than it terms of quality) to justify this wait.
What also imply that I'll skip updates if you go for a one month (or less) release schedule. Precisely because if I play them all, I'll feel that I wasted my time ; downloading then installing the update feeling, when not effectively being, longer than playing it.
There's obviously exception to this, like by example text games, that can have a big amount of content added in a single week.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Depends on the content. I'd rather have one meaningful update than 5 minutes of content every week.

Reactions: aura95

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
once with a fairly decent content haul, lets say about 4-6%