Game updated but cannot find it in Latestet Updates

ReplayTech

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2021
Hi, we are pretty new as Developer, so we are not quite sure how it works..
We did open a update request and the thread was correctly updated (not even sure if i could update it my myself or not..). but the game is not in the "Latest Updates" list.
Well it is in that list, but it appears with the old update date.

Is there something we should do to update that?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hi, we are pretty new as Developer, so we are not quite sure how it works..
We did open a update request and the thread was correctly updated (not even sure if i could update it my myself or not..). but the game is not in the "Latest Updates" list.

Whoever updated your thread forgot to promote it to the latest updates, report the thread, explain the situation and ask for your new update to be promoted.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017

In top of what Winterfire said, there's a rule regarding the update promotion ; only plain update should appear in the last update list.

There's few exception, when the previous update was a beta, and the final version effectively add significant content. Like by example for the last update of Karlsson's Gambit, for which the beta was released few days ago, but without the mechanisms that will permit to switch to the next episode (a separated game).
But if the update is just a bug fix, then the update will not be promoted. This probably to avoid some dev releasing a "bug fix" each week, with the hope to artificially gain some visibility. And your two sentences make me believe that it's what happened for your game.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
In top of what Winterfire said, there's a rule regarding the update promotion ; only plain update should appear in the last update list.

There's few exception, when the previous update was a beta, and the final version effectively add significant content. Like by example for the last update of Karlsson's Gambit, for which the beta was released few days ago, but without the mechanisms that will permit to switch to the next episode (a separated game).
But if the update is just a bug fix, then the update will not be promoted. This probably to avoid some dev releasing a "bug fix" each week, with the hope to artificially gain some visibility. And your two sentences make me believe that it's what happened for your game.
There are a few exceptions for Bug fixes as well.
I once saw Summertime Saga promoted with just a few bug fixes, when I asked about it, from what I can remember, the exception is that game breaking bugs can still get promoted.

In short, when in doubt, it's better to report the thread and ask.
In the worst case scenario, they will reject your report and explain why.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Ok, i see.
We fixed bugs and added a language and mac/android version.
Maybe that's the reason.

Anyway this is the thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/day-by-day-v0-0-2-replaytech.119349/
Yeah, that is not something that would get promoted normally.
At best, it is a patch you can include somewhere. Considering that your game is 3GB from what I can read in the thread, it is bad practice to re-release the whole thing just for a couple of bug fixes.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
and to a reminder to you that there other games that get updates/new games added after yours as well