Seeking Game with a good storyline

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Hi i'm mainly looking for a game with character progression and if you can find it, a good storyline, i don't mind the style, Anime 2D, 3D.

Thanks in advance

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I can give you about 12 games that fit this description, but can you tell me what you have played first, so that I don't waste my time with reviewing games you've already played.

Reactions: passerbyR34

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Dream of Desire

Sable's Grimoire (Really loved the characters on that one)

Depraved Awakening

Those are the main games that i remember playing, i mean i played way more games than that.

Give the names i'll see which i didn't play anyway.

btw if it has a redhead, it's some fine stuff.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Wicked Choices

The game revolves around two characters, a male MC who is a middle aged husband and father oh and, he's just learned he's the antichrist, and an elf-like princess with whom our Male MC's fate is linked. You play both positions going through the first game, and have sexual content and whatnot with both. The story and characters are great, coming from an actual erotic author. And yes, there's a redhead.​
Babysitter

At first glance you might think, oh just a Dating My Daughter clone, and depending on how you feel about that, might even pass it up. You would be making a mistake. While it starts out very much just another clone of that format, it picks up a writer at some point who has made characters with depth and both a plot aside from them, and a romantic plot central to the game that gives it all dimensions and character. The character Jessica, who fills a similar role to DmD's Elena, is actually a fully fleshed out character who feels like a genuine friend to Christine, and who also feels like she genuinely has feelings and emotions for both you and her. Other characters, even side characters, get plenty of characterization and aren't just cookie cutter, with rewarding moments when you get to show some of them up, and even more rewarding moments when you get to have sex with a few of them. There's a redhead, she's a side character, but what you get to do with her is certainly fun.​
Coceter Chronicles

This is, thus far, my favorite game I've played. It isn't necessarily that it has the best writing (that probably goes to depraved awakening) or that its got the best design, as it's both using RPGM and has middling quality with the art, but it does such a wonderful job of worldbuilding and then filling that world with interesting characters. It feels like some of those old adventure games in a lot of ways, with many NPCs just having canned lines, but a few having something interesting to tell, show, or share with you. It follows a sort of heroes journey with its main character Tabitha Coceter, being revealed to have some greater destiny. It is a female protagonist game, but don't let that dissuade you. It is not a retard in lechertown. There are some instances of sexual assualt, and one is completely unavoidable, but how you react to them, and whether you can avoid them, are all up to you as the player. Tabitha is one of the most adaptive characters in adult gaming. She doesn't make a decision without you. Does she like the taste of cum? That's up to you. Is she in love with the princess (to whom she is the maid)? That's up to you. Does she enjoy being abused? That's up to you. Does the behave dominantly? Thats up to you. and on and on. And there's a redhead.​
Long Live the Princess
Still in the fantasy genre, in this game you play a young man who, due to his unique skills, is the only one that can uncover a plot that may destroy this kingdom. The princess is going to be coming to your small town for her coronation ceremony, something that hasn't happened in a long time. It will be up to you and your unique abilities to deal with any threats. But, along the way murder and intrigue have already begun, the only person who could train you is dead, and an old crone has offered to teach you another way to do what you need to do. This also has a nice redhead possibly 2 now I think about it.​
Offcuts
This game, due to it's unique art style, flew under my radar for a while, but it's really quite good. I wholly suggest it as a perfect example of how to tell a story. It's one of few games that has a secondary male character who the protagonist has a genuinely good relationship with and who you as a player care about. It had stakes and action and just completely absorbed me the entire time I played it. Normally I wouldn't suggest a game that uses 3D models and a sprite method of display, but seriously this game was awesome. I didn't pursue them, but there are 2 redheads.​
Parental Love

Again, like Babysitter, this game looks like a DmD clone at first glance, but once you start playing you immediately realize that what Luxee has made is way better. It is almost a parody of DmD in some ways, choosing to embrace certain over the top elements of its contemporaries, and Luxee himself certainly inserts a lot of his humor into the game. However, that doesn't stop the story from having moving moments and characters you can invest in. I'm not quite ready to say its as well written as Babysitter, but it's certainly a good story driven romance narrative, as well as being hilarious. Also, your daughter dies her hair red, so there's that.​
Waifu Academy

Disclaimer: You are a villain in this game.
In this game, you play a young man seeking revenge for the life he and his father were forced to live by the actions of 3 girls. His father was once the headmaster of the titular waifu academy (though that's not its actual name). 3 students accused him of sexual misconduct, leading to trials and having his name dragged through the mud. One of the 3, the most reputable of them, recanted her statements causing him to be ruled innocent in the end, but the damage was done. He climbed to the roof of the school and jumped.
However, he survived, and you spent the next over a decade of your life living with a vegetable of a father and your grandmother, because the stress of it all was too much on your mother, and she ran away. Now, after your father's death, you have been invited by your mom's husband to come and live with him, your mother, and half sister (who is your age, somehow). You do this, and thus begins your plan for vengeance.
Your aim is to humiliate and expose the people responsible for what happened to your father, the 3 girls, your mother, the reporter who ruined his life, etc. To do that you're going to have to use some underhanded tactics. Sometimes these tactics will include nonconsensual sexual acts. Personally I'm not a big fan of noncon, however, I think this game does a good job of justifying to me why the MC is doing them, and so I'm able to look past it to enjoy the plot. Seriously this game is fun as hell, over the top humor helps to keep its dark plot from becoming too much and allows for villains who are even worse than you.
In the last update I spent quite a lot of time talking to the redhead and her mother in the game.
I Love Daddy

In a way, this game is the reverse of Babysitter and Parental love. You play as the daughter. Along the way, depending on your choices, you either unlock a story of intrigue and fantastic power as you explore your mother's family and their history. Or, you have a typical incest plot that has several different endings to satisfy any type of ending scenario. There are 10 endings in all each further flesthing out the story and characters, shining lights on things and explaining why this or that happesn. All in all, this is one of few games I've felt this hyped about for this long. A while back it was my favorite game, now it still safely sits in a high place, but there's plenty of other competition. Redhead best friend is hot af.
The DeLuca Family

This game follows a young man forced by contract to live with and eventually choose to join the mafia family known as the DeLucas. He has a troubled past, a mother who apparently attempted to kill him, and a father who he doesn't seem to know well, if at all, it's still rather shrouded in mystery. Regardless, we are given the impression that he was someone to the family, and that your contract has something to do with him. Once you arrive however, the way you're treated is far more honored than any other contractee. You live in the main house, are encouraged to be friendly with the daughters of the family, eat dinner with the family, and more. What's more, someone from within has problems with you, and they're willing to break family law to kill you. How will you shape your time? What will become of your relationships with these beautiful women?
I could have sworn there would be one more here, but can't think of it. If you have time after these, please, check out my own two games, Seraphim Academy, and The Things We Do For Love, as both are intended to be story driven games meant to get you deeply invested in the characters and the plot, rather than just fuck fests. Seraphim Academy is a female led (mostly lesbian w/ 1 cute redhead as well.) game with a thriller plot, and TTWDFL is a twincest romance with obstacles and a dark beginning (warning rape scene) Both are still early in development though, so no rush.

I'd also like to give an Honorable Mention to Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor, though these games are basically just "gotta fuck-em-all" types, both games put a focus on telling individual character stories with their girls, giving you a deeper connection than many other games in their genre.

p.s. The redhead thing was mostly meant to be funny, I didn't just choose them because of that.

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
*after reading the OP and Darth's lists*
I'd like to share my love too :D
Some of my faves were described really well by Darth above, but here some more from my opinion :
• Acting Lesson

• Lancaster Boarding House
• Love and Submission
• Indecent Desires
• High-Rise Climb

While still considered still in the early stage without (really) much content atm, I'd would also like to recommend
• Betrayed
• The Inn
• Vis
• Threeway Changes

And as the honorable mention said by DarthSeduction, there's also another fuck-em-all sandbox Honey Select based with many repeatable scenes and interesting story, Dark Magic

Sorry but i'm not really fluent in english, so u should visit their discussion threads for grasping the premises from the overview and feedbacks :LOL:

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I would add to the already pretty full list as it's a pretty solid romance, and too (little sis is a redhead but Bella is best).

Reactions: repuindy

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
btw if it has a redhead, it's some fine stuff.
Not to shamelessly self-promote but (Insert shameless self-plug) check out my game, there's a link in the signature. It's still rather early in development but the girl with most character/story progression happens to be a hot redhead milf ;)

Also, I haven't played as it's super early in development but it features a redhead and has good reviews.

Reactions: Stronkboi

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Not to shamelessly self-promote but (Insert shameless self-plug) check out my game, there's a link in the signature. It's still rather early in development but the girl with most character/story progression happens to be a hot redhead milf ;)

Also, I haven't played as it's super early in development but it features a redhead and has good reviews.

Don't worry as i said, i see a redhead i click, i'm already trying your game and it looks good

Reactions: Domiek