• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

[S>Writer] Game Writer Looking For A New Project

Aatrox_Writes

Oct 10, 2017
Hey everyone! I am a full-time author, and I am looking to grow my narrative design portfolio. I primarily write monster girl harem, but I am open to other opportunities and kinks.

Skills:
  • Script Writing
  • World Building
  • Character Building
  • Dialogue
  • Character Relationships
  • Romance
  • Barks
Tools I'm Proficient In:
  • Word/G Docs/Scrivener
  • Final Draft
  • Renpy (limited)
  • Articy: Draft

Preferred method of contact:
  • Discord: ajax1111

Employment Type & Rates:
  • I'm a full-time author, so I'm only looking for part time work. Mainly on the weekends.
  • However, I would be open to full-time contract work depending on the project.
  • I would also be open to an RS situation if I'm working with an already established team or an exceptional 3d artist.
  • Rate: $.035 / word

Work Samples:
  • You can see my portfolio and read some of my samples here. Just click on the book and you can read the sample or listen to it.
  • If you'd like a PDF copy, just let me know.

Additional comments:
  • I'm also happy to help existing teams proof or spice up their writing for a reduced rate.
  • If you do not have a complicated VN in RenPy, I can help program it.

Last edited:

Aatrox_Writes

Oct 10, 2017
i guess in general
Start small. Start by outlining the story you want to tell. Once you begin outlining, you'll find gaps where the world building needs to be filled in. E.g. Sora is a rookie police officer for the intergalactic rangers. The book/game starts with him being recruited and getting pulled into a murder mystery on the first day of his job.

Just from that little bit, you've defined: a sci fi setting, a political/government organization, and laws. Three important structures to solidify your world building. For this story you'll need to define how the galactic political system works and how that intertwines with the day to day, how the government governs its people: is it harsh? is it lawless?, and then those laws that define them: are the punishments severe? Is it just a slap on the wrist? Can people bribe their way out?

Answering these questions will help you correctly plot the story for your game/story.

And as you continue to write and fill in the gaps, you'll find more and then you'll need to create answers to your own questions. Not doing so threatens uniformity and creates plot holes.

Now if you want to go BIG, you can define all the world building up front. For this, I would recommend a reference sheet or style guide. Something like this:

They are just big docs full of questions that give you answers to your setting and world. When you write your story you can use the answers to those questions as a basis for defining your setting and world.

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
Start small. Start by outlining the story you want to tell. Once you begin outlining, you'll find gaps where the world building needs to be filled in. E.g. Sora is a rookie police officer for the intergalactic rangers. The book/game starts with him being recruited and getting pulled into a murder mystery on the first day of his job.

Just from that little bit, you've defined: a sci fi setting, a political/government organization, and laws. Three important structures to solidify your world building. For this story you'll need to define how the galactic political system works and how that intertwines with the day to day, how the government governs its people: is it harsh? is it lawless?, and then those laws that define them: are the punishments severe? Is it just a slap on the wrist? Can people bribe their way out?

Answering these questions will help you correctly plot the story for your game/story.

And as you continue to write and fill in the gaps, you'll find more and then you'll need to create answers to your own questions. Not doing so threatens uniformity and creates plot holes.

Now if you want to go BIG, you can define all the world building up front. For this, I would recommend a reference sheet or style guide. Something like this:

They are just big docs full of questions that give you answers to your setting and world. When you write your story you can use the answers to those questions as a basis for defining your setting and world.
would this work in a fantasy setting?

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
I too am a writer and hammered out the start of a script.

Might be better if we compared notes and perhaps see if we can entice a crew to work on shares. Let me know what you think.

Aatrox_Writes

Oct 10, 2017
I too am a writer and hammered out the start of a script.

Might be better if we compared notes and perhaps see if we can entice a crew to work on shares. Let me know what you think.
Hi! Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in working with other writers at this time. I definitely wish you the best on your project!

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
hey you wanna see what i come up with? just to let you know it really isn't that amazing especially the lore but i would love to hear your take on it