Game's exe would reappear after deleting

Jun 8, 2017
I started having this issue with some of the games after I get done with them i would often Remove the game and its folder from my PC and while all the files would be removed the game's exe file would remain...and often re appear after manually deleting them...would try to remove the folder and it would say "files is being used by a program" I don't have the game open or anything....I had to go into safe mode to finally be able to remove the games in question and they were all games download from this site..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Buddy498

Sep 1, 2018
Are you using Win 10 by chance? I've experienced similar issues where I was unable to delete a folder after opening up files within that folder. Restarting explorer.exe fixed being able to delete it. I guess explorer kept it in memory somehow after the file had been opened and closed.

Other ways I can get around it is through adding the folder to an archive using WinRAR and checking the option to delete files after archiving.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
when you agree to the Windows 10 EULA, you authorize microsoft to spy on you, and your activities. That means, some people in some foreign country are watching everything you do, and all the games you play, etc. Just because you finished playing the game, doesn't mean that microsofts agents are finished with it. If you try to delete it, it will tell you that the file is in use, and it won't let you delete it until they are finished. You can't stop them from spying on you, because you agreed to the 10,000 page EULA without reading it, but there is something you can do when you want to delete files that they are using...

use file unlocker