Seeking Games like Acting Lessons, Depraved Awakening ?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
The more story based games are a bit of a new phenomena around here. Most of the stuff before was just a pure (usually badly written) romance plot leading to sex. Not much thought went into them, there was no purpose or motivation behind it (or the characters within) other than sex.

Depraved Awakening is probably the best western game yet.

Before it, the only story based game I liked was I Love Daddy, and it's no where near the same class. I would say that the characters are still motivated purely by sex in this title, but that if you take the time to experience all 10 different endings you'll be rewarded with a bit of an interesting plot surrounding the MC's family and her future. (complete)

Long Live the Princess has more story than most other games of it's kind, but it's relatively slow to move that story forward, really only advancing a small amount since I first played it months and months ago. (a lot of content, but probably not even halfway done)

Dreams of Desire had a bit of a plot to it, though it was primarily about the sex and the story around it merely served as a shallow pool to justify the mind control mechanic that was used to get the sex. (complete)

The writing in Babysitter elevates it above what it used to be. Babysitter started out as a Dating My Daughter clone, but as time went on and a new writer was brought on board, the story and characters have been much more fleshed out, the bad guys have been given motivations and personality, the side girls have been fleshed out and aren't just meat dolls to fuck, and the main romance has stakes that make it feel genuine. It's still no Depraved Awakening, but it's nicely done, nonetheless.

Some newer titles that are showing promise include, High Life, The Deluca Family, Jessica O'Niel's Hard News, and if you can stomach playing a villain, Waifu Academy. My own two projects (still early in their development) are also intended to be very story focused. Seraphim Academy is a mixture of a coming of age tale and a thriller. The Things We Do For Love is a heavily character focused romantic story wherein you control both the male and female character at the center of the main plot.

I've heard positive things about the "Dreaming with Elsa" series, however I've never played them because I've never gotten a suggestion from a source I trust.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Anyone is knows game(s) like these: Acting Lessons, Depraved Awakening
I mean completed, almost completed, love, drama, erotic VN, non-sick, non-incest with good render.

Thanks, I mean it.
Alexandra, Life with Mary, Lancaster Boarding House, Offcuts (if you don't mind 2d).

Reactions: Mitzucc

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
The more story based games are a bit of a new phenomena around here. Most of the stuff before was just a pure (usually badly written) romance plot leading to sex. Not much thought went into them, there was no purpose or motivation behind it (or the characters within) other than sex.

Before it, the only story based game I liked was I Love Daddy, and it's no where near the same class. I would say that the characters are still motivated purely by sex in this title, but that if you take the time to experience all 10 different endings you'll be rewarded with a bit of an interesting plot surrounding the MC's family and her future. (complete)

Long Live the Princess has more story than most other games of it's kind, but it's relatively slow to move that story forward, really only advancing a small amount since I first played it months and months ago. (a lot of content, but probably not even halfway done)

Dreams of Desire had a bit of a plot to it, though it was primarily about the sex and the story around it merely served as a shallow pool to justify the mind control mechanic that was used to get the sex. (complete)

The writing in Babysitter elevates it above what it used to be. Babysitter started out as a Dating My Daughter clone, but as time went on and a new writer was brought on board, the story and characters have been much more fleshed out, the bad guys have been given motivations and personality, the side girls have been fleshed out and aren't just meat dolls to fuck, and the main romance has stakes that make it feel genuine. It's still no Depraved Awakening, but it's nicely done, nonetheless.

Some newer titles that are showing promise include, High Life, The Deluca Family, Jessica O'Niel's Hard News, and if you can stomach playing a villain, Waifu Academy. My own two projects (still early in their development) are also intended to be very story focused. Seraphim Academy is a mixture of a coming of age tale and a thriller. The Things We Do For Love is a heavily character focused romantic story wherein you control both the male and female character at the center of the main plot.

I've heard positive things about the "Dreaming with Elsa" series, however I've never played them because I've never gotten a suggestion from a source I trust.
TBH, PC is not really psycho-villain. In fact, it's player choice really.

Reactions: The Warden

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Alexandra, Life with Mary, Lancaster Boarding House, Offcuts (if you don't mind 2d).
I forgot to list offcuts, btw, it's not 2D. It's 3D with clever filters to give it that look.

TBH, PC is not really psycho-villain. In fact, it's player choice really.
In Waifu Academy? You're not the biggest bad, but the game does not hide that you're not a good guy and very much explores the morality of what you're doing, in ways that other games with similar themes tend not to do. In particular, however, the player has no choice when it comes to the little reporter girl. You have to let her actually get raped and then save her. That's not the actions of a "good guy". He's a villain. He just isn't over the top.

The Warden

Jun 25, 2017

The Things We Do For Love - I already downloaded :). Than Seraphim Academy, Jessica O'Niel's Hard News, The Deluca Family and Waifu Academy ( I played through the other novels ). I got stomach, as female I love the horror games too, like Outlast, Evil Within, Resident Evil series etcera.

Many thanks for your kind huge post.

Have a lovely day.

THANK-YOU.gif

Reactions: DarthSeduction

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
The Things We Do For Love - I already downloaded :). Than Seraphim Academy, Jessica O'Niel's Hard News, The Deluca Family and Waifu Academy ( I played through the other novels ). I got stomach, as female I love the horror games too, like Outlast, Evil Within, Resident Evil series etcera.

Many thanks for your kind huge post.

Have a lovely day.

Oh, if you love horror (I can't resist), have you ever played Divi Dead? I would put that game as one of the best ever - and not just among hentai games.

Reactions: The Warden

kimoo

Jun 6, 2017
people are telling you there aren't many but i disagree with them
just try these games
1- [completed][great story][long story][male protagonist]
[warning NTR avoidable][animated][no incest][romance]
2- [completed][average story][short game][male protagonist]
[interactive animation][no incest][no romance][funny game play]
3- [completed][great story][everything is optional][male protagonist][long story]
[interactive sex][one of the best game play][no incest][romance]
4- [completed][pure romance story][animated][male protagonist]
5- [completed][pure romance][interactive animation][male protagonist]
[one of my best sensual romantic stories]
6- [completed][romantic story][animated][male protagonist][no incest]
7- [completed][animated][emotional romantic story][male protagonist]

don't care about anyone say there are nothing like what you ask
and if you need more just ask me but finish all of these games first
[have a good time]

The Warden

Jun 25, 2017
just try these games
3- [completed][great story][everything is optional][male protagonist][long story]

[have a good time]
Thank you very much ˇˇ, this is sweet to you. Happy day :)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Anyone is knows game(s) like these: Acting Lessons, Depraved Awakening
I mean completed, almost completed, love, drama, erotic VN, non-sick, non-incest with good render.

Thanks, I mean it.
Those are big shoes you want to fill.

I would suggest offcuts . Three complete routes and good story. A little slow beginning, it's more like a Japanese VN written by a westerner IMO.
Also, LBHouse (that someone else also suggested)
"Melody" is a big heavy on the dialogue but it is a decent game.

"Where the Heart Is" is not complete but it is already big enough to keep you for hours and it probably is heading towards the end.

just try these games

[have a good time]
Ahh... the times we live in when a game has to be tagged as "Non-incest" for the perhaps-minority of us that prefer to do without it. I really don't get why so many games go that route. I don't mind it but I think they do it for the added drama and the easy "you are being naughty" thing.

Last edited: