Seeking Games like Depraved Awakening and Dreams of Desire?

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
In terms of artstyle (realistic instead of cartoony), gameplay (Visual Novels) and actually having a proper story and not just casual Slice of life stuff (which gets kind of boring).

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
In terms of artstyle (realistic instead of cartoony), gameplay (Visual Novels) and actually having a proper story and not just casual Slice of life stuff (which gets kind of boring).
Can you give me a list of the 3d story based games you've played? I can give you an exhaustive list of things with mini reviews to choose from, but I'd rather not waste time with games you've played.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Can you give me a list of the 3d story based games you've played? I can give you an exhaustive list of things with mini reviews to choose from, but I'd rather not waste time with games you've played.
I have only played the following: Depraved Awakening, Dreams of Desire, Milf City, Big Brother, My Cute roommate. That's pretty much it, pretty new to these types of games. My favourites were definitely DA and DoD since they had more of a story

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Long Live the Princess
This game is pretty interesting. You play as a dude who apparently has some deep seeded link to fae magic that allows you to see into the hearts of others and tell if they're being truthful or not. However this ability isn't well trained. As the game starts you learn that the Princess will soon be visiting your little town for her coronation, as is tradition. Your uncle asks you to hone your skills in order to be of use in protecting her during this ceremony. Things start to get really interesting from here, with deaths and new discoveries all culminating in a sexy little adventure.
The DeLuca Family
This game is great, only two releases in and I'd call it on par with Depraved Awakening. It could go downhill of course, but HopesGaming seems to be really interested in continuing to build on the strong start he's had. This game embraces camp with some over the top characters and reactions, but also does a great job of humanizing it's characters. The game is so early that I don't want to say much, as I'd be ruining your whole experience, but it's really worth your time.​

Babysitter
This is a romance game but it has a lot to it. The basic setup is you, a programmer specializing in corporate spyware, are called by your sister asking if you can take your niece in for a while. Your Niece, Christine, wants to get into journalism rather than go to college, so she moves in with you, in the city, and attempts to find work. Over the course of the game you are encouraged to develop your relationship with her and/or your choice of several other fine ladies, however, Christine is the focus. You also, depending on choices made, have to deal with one of two romantic rivals hell bent on having Christine for themselves. Saying too much more would reveal plot details best left for you to discover, but this game is particularly well written, and it's writer is the person I go to when I need advice for my own projects.​

Parental Love

This is similar to Babysitter in construction, however writing and tone are completely different. Where babysitter is a fun human drama with some humor, Parental Love is a sexy comedy with some drama. You play as a man who 16 years ago struggled with addiction and left his wife and two daughters behind to go to rehab. After recovering you stayed away for some reason, possibly having to do with your father passing and giving you his restaurant chain. But, the game starts with you meeting your wife in a bar to reconnect, and you go home with her, getting to meet your daughters again, and after playing your cards right, sleep with your wife. The story builds from there with your eldest daughter developing feelings for you, your youngest turning out to be quite sheltered, your sister unsurprisingly already being your fucktoy, and so much more. I really enjoy this writer's sense of humor and find this game has quite the enjoyable story and pace.​

Offcuts

This game was a bit of a sleeper for me. With it's odd art style and the fact that it uses character sprites rather than rendering in scene (as Depraved Awakening and Dreams of Desire do), however it had a really intriguing story and some well developed romantic plots. I thoroughly enjoyed this game, the way it handled its villains was a breath of fresh air, and it's sense of humor was just awesome.​

Waifu Academy
In this one you play as a HS senior whose father has recently passed. We learn at the beginning that the school you'll be attending is the school your father used to be headmaster of, until some time when you were, apparently, an infant and he was accused of sexual misconduct with the students. One of the girls eventually retracted her accusation, and without her considerably more reputable testimony the case against the father fell through. However, the damage had been done as a particular reporter had thoroughly dragged your father's name through the mud. This whole ordeal caused your mother to leave your father, and your father to take a swan dive off of the roof of the school. He survived, but only just, living out the rest of his days as a vegetable.

You, the main character, have decided you are going to get vengeance for what happened to your father. Starting with your mother, but that's really only the beginning. One of his accusers is the headmaster of the school now, another is a girl from a Yakuza family who betrayed them for a more wealthy powerful family in the city, and an as yet unidentified third, the girl who retracted her testimony, as well as the reporter responsible for dragging your dad's name through the mud are also on your list. How are you going to exact this vengeance you ask? Well, through sexual corruption mostly. Your first goal is getting control over your half sister so that she can help you in your goals and won't get in your way at home, when dealing with your mom. You also need the position of head of the school disciplinary committee, and wouldn't you know, the current head is the headmaster's daughter. This is just the beginning though a more and more things pile up and the conspiracy deepens.

This game is over the top and campy, but holy shit is it entertaining and nice to see a protagonist who isn't a good guy, with his twisted morality a central focus of the story and it's progression. I'm currently desperately awaiting the next release on this one because I had so much fun with it up to this point.​

If you're ok with a female protagonist then

Coceter Chronicles
This game follows Tabitha Coceter, she is a half demon half fae creature known as a tainted. The fae realm she resides in was long ago cut off from the human realm by the Veil, but recently tears in the veil have started to spring up. The fae elders are worried about this, and want to send an expedition through, but, since the last venture into the human realm was a disaster they have a hard time committing to it. That's where you come in. Tainted are second class citizens throughout most of the fae world, many being slaves or prostitutes, and in fact despite being the personal maid to the princess of your particular kingdom, you are often mistaken for a whore and or kicked out of places like the local tavern because they don't serve your kind.

But, that, and the fact that you've been illegally allowed to gain an education, learning to read as the Princess' aunt decided it would be best if you could assist the princess in her own obligations in that way, you make the perfect expendable candidate to send through the veil. Preparations are made and special spells that can affect a tainted with her particularly rare mix of fae blood are made to hide her horns, tail, and skin color. They send you through the tear and the next thing you know you're in the human world. What no one knew is that you weren't just any tainted, your father was actually the king, you a bastard, and your mother was a descendant of a goddess. This makes you an important part of saving both your realm and the realm of humans from another demon invasion.

The plot of this game is on par with high quality fantasy, but the sexual content is probably above and beyond most of the other games' I've played. It's probably my favorite game I've played.​

High LIfe

This game only had its first release so far, but the art was amazing, the character of Eleanor was someone I really liked, and the story that is already unfolding looks like it will be incredible. I really can't wait for this to go on.
Feel free to check out my two titles as well

Seraphim Academy
This game follows a polyamorous aspiring screenwriter in her senior year of high school as she's thrust into a plot straight out of a psychological thriller. The game is really just getting started, it's third release is a little over half-way written and Funfiction, the Artist, is hot on my tails with the art. This one is also a female protag, but it's primarily lesbian, with only one forced straight sex scene which can be ended early if you wish.​

The Things We Do For Love

This one is a dual protagonist twincest romance. You play as twins Alexander and Alexis, siblings who have a shared traumatic experience which brings them together. Depending on the choices that you make with each character the story can unfold as a beautiful romance, a tragic NTR tale, a lecherous polyamorous affair, or a sad story of two people who want something they won't let themselves have.

Fair warining, the shared traumatic experience is shown and features a gay rape scene. When I make the second release I plan on making this skippable, but undertand it's meant as a plot point and not as a fetish scene. Obviously this one is just getting off the ground as well, but it's actually not going to be too long anyway.​

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
I can give You some of games I liked with my personal short summary, maybe You'll find sth You like ;)

• 1. Dark neighbourhood - this one is pretty crazy and funny, not the best one I've played but will do for a while. Still not finished though.
  • 2. Eye of the Storm - quite interesting one but also not the best, worth trying I believe, but also not finished yet.
  • 3. Family Matters - also may be interesting, nothing in particular, still in development.
  • 4. Indecent Desires - there is some content already, story is quite nice, could be really nice when finished.
  • 5. Lancaster Boarding House - this one is really good, not finished yet, but a lot of content and a lot of sex with really good story behind it.
  • 6. Outcast - first chapter only, but looks promising, worth keeping an eye on it.
  • 7. Chubby Holiday and Plump City - 2 games, second is sequel, not much of a choices in both, but can be fun if You'd like to have some fun with bigger girls ;)
  • 8. Sisterly Lust - another really good one with lots of content, definetely worth checking out.
  • 9. Sister, Sister, Sister - this one can be fun, I have some personal reservations about the story (few dumb things) and the ending seems a bit rushed to me. It seems like the autor wanted to do much more but couldn't handle the size of the project, but well, it's finished and can be satisfying.
  • 10. Where The Heart Is - another really good game, quite a lot of content, story's interesting, my recommendation.
  • 11. Wicked Choices - really intresting one, I found narrative a bit of annoying sometimes, but overall it's worth playing.
  • 12. A New Home - this one also is really nice and finished, I'm waiting for a sequel myself.

geno4952

May 3, 2017
I have only played the following: Depraved Awakening, Dreams of Desire, Milf City, Big Brother, My Cute roommate. That's pretty much it, pretty new to these types of games. My favourites were definitely DA and DoD since they had more of a story

I can't believe nobody mentioned DMD pretty good and it won't be a couple of hours to get through it. It will take some time but well worth it......Peace