Seeking Games like Herem Hotel or Strive for Power without "anime" Style

XNoOn

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

maybe someone could help me please. I search for games like Harem Hotel or Strive for Power but without this annoying anime style from Koikatsu or Honey Select or wherever it came from. I tried to search by myself but to be honest i dont even know what i correctly have to search and how to name it.

I mean i like games like "Harem Hotel","A House in a Rift" or games like "Strive for Power", "Love & Sex - Second Base", these kind of games are nice and the devs did really a good work, i appreciate it, but to be honest, i really dont like this anime style, it really turns me off. Did someone know games that are similar then this games but made with decent graphics and animations like Virt a Mate, Blender or similar ??

Graphics and animations like "Become a rockstar" or "WVM" are also okay, but if its possible i would prefer not this kind of VN where you only click ahead, they are a little bit boring.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english.

XNoOn

Oct 22, 2020
If I understand correctly you're looking for something a little more on the 'realistic' side? Something like https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-7-1-darkhound1.3782/ maybe?

Yes! That is correct. I will try this game out, thanks for your help.

I prefer this Artstyle much more than this "anime" kind of artstyle, even if i like games like "Harem Hotel" or "A house in the Rift" i really dont like the graphics and the animations of the charakters. The whole Honey Select Engine Games are mostly quite nice but this engine really drives me off. So if you or maybe other people have more recommendations of more "realistic" looking games, than i would really happy if you could share more.

I like this kind of Management/Sandbox games with also an interestingstory more than the "normal just click through the story VN's", but it is really hard to find this kind of games without this honey selecet, koikatsu or painted style. As you said, i prefer a more "realistic" style. DumbKoala (i guess it was his name) made some VN with Virt-A-Mate scenes, this look really good, i would really be happy if there was some similar graphic/animation/artstyle games but with more "game" you know? not only clicking through the nextboxes to get a lewd scene.

As i mentioned, games like Harem Hotel, A house in a Rift or Love & Sex: Second Base but with more "realistic" graphic like the dumbkoala games or this holiday island what you showed to me

Tank you all for your help :)

Reactions: rb813

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
Is it like Man of the House style sandbox? I can't really get a read on it based on the preview images.
I'd say it is similar, but with many extra-events that you can encounter here and there that aren't required in the story (while in Man of the House, all events are part of the main story).
There is also a money and stats system a little grindy and not really interesting to farm (sometimes grind be interesting, but in this game not really), but you can use a cheat mod to increase your stats and money (I don't suggest you to cheat relationships though) and provide a well done in-game walkthrough if you want.
Even if I mention that grind part, I still really suggest this game because there is a lot of content, many mini-events and 2 paths for many of the characters.

Reactions: rb813