Games marked "Completed" but still updating later on

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Assume this is not a new thing, just something that I have seen in a few games recently that I have been following. I am one of those people who will preferentially DL completed games. Lately, though, I have seen several games that have been marked as completed but that then still pop up later with new updates. Is there an adjustment that could be made to the "Completed" tag to indicate whether it is:

a) COMPLETED = fully complete and DL-ing won't be a waste of time because there won't be any more updates
or
b) completed = one or more paths in the game are complete BUT dev may still be working on other/new paths so the game will probably still update

Or any way to tell at a glance if the current version of a game is the actual final product or just partially done.

Obv devs sometimes change their minds and make revisions/changes later on to "COMPLETED" games, so I'm not suggesting there should be perfection. But when a game is marked "Completed" and I DL it, it bugs me to see later updates and then scroll through the discussion and see that it was never close to really being completed, so why was it tagged that way in the first place.

Again, I'm probably #787 to bitch about this same issue, but I checked 'related' threads that popped up when I named this thread, and I scrolled through the Site Feedback forum and didn't see anything about the Completed tag in there, so... Feel free to delete this post if redundant.