Seeking Games that are HARD / Challenging

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
So I casually played a few Kagura Games and had a history as a teen of playing some naughty flash games. It all satisfied my perviness at the time.

But then I played Karryn's Prison, and found a game that I actually deeply fell in love with. I enjoyed the art style, the MC was right up my alley, but what really made it stand apart was the fact that sometimes I felt my body shiver a bit after a close call. And at still other times, I'd push too close to the sun and start to feel the glue melt as Karryn fell prey to the many enemies in the game. Karryn's Prison isn't just hard in a raw, number crunching way, nor is it hard from a skill perspective. It's hard because it tells the story of a long campaign filled with many choices where you need to take risks, and too many risks can easily cumulate, leading to your downfall.

I started Goblin Conqueror the other day and almost instantly thought of KP, and I started to get really intense on the first mission, until I realized that the rock/paper/scissors gameplay in that game is telegraphed by the character itself, so 60% of the time, the game tells you the appropriate move to win, which results in an insanely easy combat system with minimal risk. Unfortunately not very challenging after the first 30 minutes.

So I'm looking for something that has risk, and a risk that is CORE to the gameplay, so that you feel you need to make risks. Not something where you purposely kill your character just to see a scene. One other example I can think of is Last Evil, awesome game as well, though imo not as refined as KP.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a challenging game that encourages/needs risk taking?

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
The most challenging is likely Fear & Hunger, but it's not really a lewd game: the sexual content is mostly there to increase the psychological horror aspect.

Lona can also be challenging but that's mostly due to the poorly designed mechanics and controls. This one focuses on underage rape, tho, so probably best to avoid it if you aren't into that.

Both of them have risk taking as a forced outcome of being in extremely dire situations: you won't be taking risks to win more or to farm some stat; you'll be taking risks because you need to if you want to survive.

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
The most challenging is likely Fear & Hunger, but it's not really a lewd game: the sexual content is mostly there to increase the psychological horror aspect.

Lona can also be challenging but that's mostly due to the poorly designed mechanics and controls. This one focuses on underage rape, tho, so probably best to avoid it if you aren't into that.

Both of them have risk taking as a forced outcome of being in extremely dire situations: you won't be taking risks to win more or to farm some stat; you'll be taking risks because you need to if you want to survive.
Ah thanks, I had seen something of Fear & Hunger, and I agree, not lewd. But if you're going to say it fits this description, maybe it's worth a closer look!

Thanks for the underage warning on Lona, I don't find anything loli even remotely stimulating.