Recommending Games with Ethical Non-Monogamy

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Basically, I invite anyone to list here games with ethical non-monogamy, which means games with open relationships, polyamory, swinging and etc... where all the involved are aware of what is going on, have the same freedoms, preferably the ones where an actual conversation happens, but let's be honest that would be too greedy so anyone is fine.

Also if any devs have a game like this feel free to self-promote, that is why this thread was made, for us to share and discuss these types of games. Also if someone thinks a Recommended game doesn't fit the three criteria let me know and I'll make a warning or remove the hyperlink or something.

Critireas: 1. All the characters involved have to be aware of what is happening.
2. All the people involved have the same freedoms (them using it or not)
3(this is more of a personal one ). It is preferable that a conversation on the subject happened or that at least it is heavily implied that it did.

The ones I can think of off the top of my head, and sig are:
Come Home (polyamory may be in the future, characters are aware that the Mc is dating other people and they are also free to do the same as far as I know)
CLIT (Open relationship, although one going towards polyamory because the MC actually gets emotionally involved with the other characters, maybe polyamory with a nesting partner?)
Mythos: Book One (Characters immediately start with not being exclusive in no way whatsoever, close to polyamory)
A Knight's Tale (Polyamory although they are a in closed polyamory so far and probably will continue so from what I've seen of the dev's other game)
A New Home (Open relationship with incest, the MC is emotionally invested in everyone though, again a mess, but somewhere in the open spectrum)
The Seven Realms (Open relationship)
aura95's contribution recommendation: Exciting Games (Open relationship)
Droid Productions's recommendation: Love of Magic, Book 1/2. (Polyamory)
Sorcerer (Implied polyamory/open-relationship, mostly I think it isn't explicit because of lore and the good old NTR discussion, I believe the MC themselves says they aren't hypocritical enough to limit their companions at some point but I'm not sure. Again though I feel like it is implied so take it with a grain of salt, if you all think it doesn't fit then I'll take it out, or maybe just take out the hyperlink.)
Terminus Reach 1 and TR2 (Implied polyamory/open-relationship Same as Sorcerer since it is from the same dev, heavily implied but nothing explicit, the characters are more than aware and have had conversations the only thing that isn't discussed explicitly is if they can be with others but again it is heavily implied, also in this one the Mc is involved with a couple that he is friends with, it is more of friends with benefits situation but it counts)
Adabelitoo's recommendations: Complex Society, Long Lost Daughter, Solvalley School (I Have not checked myself so if they aren't correct let me know).
NoseBleeds's recommendation: Acting Lessons (Triangle style polycule (three people involved with each other), cliche polycule seen on most media, meaning they kinda stumble upon it)
From the same dev as the previous one: Being a DIK (Triangle style polycule (three people involved with each other), cliche polycule seen on most media, meaning they kinda stumble upon it)
Nunu312's recommendation: Cabin by the Lake
Rewind ( Implied future triangle polycule, again cliche but everyone is going to be aware of it, not sure if the dev will add more than 2 love interests, or even more sexual interests in the future, but I think it won't happen.)
Alandir's contribution: The Last Sovereign RPGM (Seems to be very open and varied about how the relationships work, from Alandir 's description it seems full-on polyamory, so for those that like RPGM check it out)
FatGiant's contributions: Freeloading Family and Almost Dead (I only played freeloading family but yeah that one does this thing relatively well, but again if anyone disagrees just comment and let's talk.)
The HotWife: It is the one with the best representation of ethical non-monogamy I've seen around this forum, the couple actually get, albeit breaf, instructed on it and the choice is all yours as far as I could see, the themes apear to be aprouched very well and consent is reafirmed as important multiple times, really recomend so far.
There was a period without updates or interaction here because I was just not playing these types of games or coming to this site, sorry, but thanks to the people that contributed.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I spent forever negotiating with my characters to find a way to turn the decidedly monogamous basic relationship between MC and Princess Pendragon into a consensual polyamorous relationship. At this point they're all mostly okay with it, some of them are more enthusiastic than others. Love of Magic, Book 1/2.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I spent forever negotiating with my characters to find a way to turn the decidedly monogamous basic relationship between MC and Princess Pendragon into a consensual polyamorous relationship. At this point they're all mostly okay with it, some of them are more enthusiastic than others. Love of Magic, Book 1/2.
I played your game before, it was pretty good, I'm just way too spoilt by rollback and saving at every choice, but I think I'll be playing it again, it is rare for the characters to actually have a conversation on the topic. thanks for the contribution.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I played your game before, it was pretty good, I'm just way too spoilt by rollback and saving at every choice, but I think I'll be playing it again, it is rare for the characters to actually have a conversation on the topic. thanks for the contribution.
Just finished Book 2, so I'm sipping a glass of whisky and surfing the forums. One final book to go, and Love of Magic's trilogy will be done. Book 2 goes up on sale on Steam on the 31st, but you can play it now on F95zone. Support it if you can :)

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
These suggestions don't look very different from typical harem games. I wouldn't call one-sided relationships like these polyamorous.
I didn't call them polyamorous, I said any ethical non-monogamy, including open relationships, and of course polyamory, Mythos, and knight's tale are the one closest to polyamory, come home so far is going that direction at least from what the dev said, Clit is a open relationship, and so is A new home. Seven Realms is going the open relationship route as well

If you know any games here with true polyamory I would love to play it, but most devs don't even know what that is.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I want to say a big thank you for starting this thread, and this list. This is absolutely something that I would love to see a lot more of, specifically ones where multiple men are involved. While MFF, MFFF ect scenes and relationships are always fun, I've never really been interested in pure lesbian stuff. And while I enjoy some female MC games, I'd strongly prefer this type to be a male MC.

I would absolutely love to have a game where you play as a couple who can add other characters, both male and female, into a poly group as the game goes on, and experiment with all of the different possible combinations and hot scenes that can come from that.

Or games where the couple lives in a neighborhood/building/college setting where everyone is just fucking everyone else.

Zero1994

Sep 17, 2021
The polyamory that most people imagine is 1 man and 2 or more women in a love relationship, it is extremely rare to find that 2 men participate without being otome or swinger or NTR in a love relationship

Greetings

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
The polyamory that most people imagine is 1 man and 2 or more women in a love relationship, it is extremely rare to find that 2 men participate without being otome or swinger or NTR in a love relationship

Greetings
I'm totally great with swingers. But casual, friendly swingers who know one another and hang out regularly. Casual nudity, playfulness, open eroticism in front of everyone else. Not some dark and seedy club, or something that involves BDSM.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
So I want to put Terminus Reach, Terminus Reach 2 and Sorcerer on the list (all works from Talothral) since I feel that it is implied that the characters are free to be with others, although Sorcerer has some lore reasons that complicate things, but I don't know if implied is enough to warent it being on the list. any opinions?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm totally great with swingers. But casual, friendly swingers who know one another and hang out regularly. Casual nudity, playfulness, open eroticism in front of everyone else. Not some dark and seedy club, or something that involves BDSM.
that would be interesting to see, it looks like midlife crisis is going that route by the way, but I would not call it Ethical Non-monogamy since you lose a lot, and I mean most, content if you don't cheat.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020

Greetings
Sadly true, that is also how bigger midia normally portrays it so I can understand why they think that, but hey we can alweys try to explain and show people what other options is there.

I do wish we had more games with more actual polyamory and I try to do my part for it even though I'm not good enough to finish any of the games I started(or feel any satisfation towards them) I at least try to present the option of polyamory to some devs when I see that they want to make realistic Harems(that is basically the only tag for having a relationship with multiple people) for exemple

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I want to say a big thank you for starting this thread, and this list. This is absolutely something that I would love to see a lot more of, specifically ones where multiple men are involved. While MFF, MFFF ect scenes and relationships are always fun, I've never really been interested in pure lesbian stuff. And while I enjoy some female MC games, I'd strongly prefer this type to be a male MC.

I would absolutely love to have a game where you play as a couple who can add other characters, both male and female, into a poly group as the game goes on, and experiment with all of the different possible combinations and hot scenes that can come from that.

Or games where the couple lives in a neighborhood/building/college setting where everyone is just fucking everyone else.
I know that there are a couple of games with swinging and sharing but not really about being polyamorous it is more about the kink on those,.

And yes that is a type of school setting that I wouldn't mind playing in, although Fetish Locator is kind of like that, I hesitate to put it on the list because I'm bad at knowing when a relationship is considered to be more then dating and imply monogamy so I can't really tell if the MC is cheating or not for a while there, but well as the name implies it is all about colledge kids enjoying and exploring their sexuality, of course with a dose of drama to keep us in our toes, I really don't think it needed it but it is interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loganfin

NoseBleeds

Apr 22, 2022
Acting lessons explores polyamory and it has a decent, albeit short, conversation about it. If I remember correctly, it starts off with some cheating though.

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Acting lessons explores polyamory and it has a decent, albeit short, conversation about it. If I remember correctly, it starts off with some cheating though.
I try to avoid the ones with even a bit of cheating like fetish locator or midlife crisis, at least for this list, but yeah it having the conversation at some point is deeply a + in my book. feel free to hyperlink it to those that would be interested to play it.

NoseBleeds

Apr 22, 2022
I'm still fairly new to posting on these forums so I'm unfamiliar with most things. Here's a link to the game, I hope this is all right: https://f95zone.to/threads/acting-lessons-v1-0-2-drpinkcake.12181/

From what I remember, you had to "cheat" (you're not technically in a relationship with anyone yet) on a girl with her best friend to get on the polyamory route. She later regrets it when she realizes something might be going on between you two and it gets a little more complicated from there on out. This is all near the beginning, so don't worry about spoilers. I really enjoyed it and thought the story being told was fairly mature. I will also never forget having to make that choice near the end. If you haven't played it yet, I welcome you to give it a shot!

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm still fairly new to posting on these forums so I'm unfamiliar with most things. Here's a link to the game, I hope this is all right: https://f95zone.to/threads/acting-lessons-v1-0-2-drpinkcake.12181/

From what I remember, you had to "cheat" (you're not technically in a relationship with anyone yet) on a girl with her best friend to get on the polyamory route. She later regrets it when she realizes something might be going on between you two and it gets a little more complicated from there on out. This is all near the beginning, so don't worry about spoilers. I really enjoyed it and thought the story being told was fairly mature. I will also never forget having to make that choice near the end. If you haven't played it yet, I welcome you to give it a shot!
I didn't play this one yet but I know what choice you are talking about because of spoilers, Yeah I thought about playing it but it just seems like too much drama for my taste, same with the dev's new game, it did seem high quality compared to most games around though.

edit: Also you can put hyperlinks on a phrase by selecting the words then clicking on the insert link (or control + K) and putting the link in the proper space.
Also it feels a little like fetish locator from what you said, but I'm bad at knowing what would be considered cheating unless specifically told so it depends on the dev's view on it.

Reactions: NoseBleeds

aura95

Jun 8, 2020
I really enjoyed it and thought the story being told was fairly mature. I will also never forget having to make that choice near the end. If you haven't played it yet, I welcome you to give it a shot!
Yeah, it really is a great game. One of my absolute favourites.

Two words of warning though for those that don't know it yet:
1) This game isn't necessarily what one might expect it to be and has the capability to hit people right in the feels. And hard. So much so in fact, that some people have come to hate the game and its author for it.
2) Be aware that polyamory is just a possiblity, not the focus of the game and that there's only one specific path for it. The 'wrong' choices can lead to a lot of cheating and hearbreak.

I didn't play this one yet but I know what choice you are talking about because of spoilers, Yeah I thought about playing it but it just seems like too much drama for my taste, same with the dev's new game, it did seem high quality compared to most games around though.
Being a DIK is quite different from AL. Not the same level of drama at all, as far as I'm concerned...

Reactions: TundraLupus

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020

That's interesting. I played the game several years ago, and thought that it was really boring and vanilla. Probably the most straightforward VN with few choices. Maybe I just went down the wrong route and didn't know better!