Seeking Games with great animation

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
So I was wondering if there's any games out there with actual great animation that DOESN'T involve 3D models. You know the best game in that regard that comes to mind is Cloud Meadow which is having more of a cartoony look (this and anime visuals are what I'm looking for) with amazing visuals and animations. Are there any games like that out there that have awesome 2DCG animations?

EDIT: Also female protagonist would be preferred (only if possible tho).

Last edited:

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Rogue Courier, Pink Tea Games like Elven Conquest, some other Flash games like Tentacles thrive or JSK studio games, 2D sidescroller games like Alien Quest Eve.
These don't seem too bad tho their art is kind of lacking I'd say. I know and have played Tentactle Thrive but the rest is not really for me I think. Elven Conquest look interesting but why is the art different in some pics? I really find it weird when games don't go with a certain art style and keep it. Also I'm not really into side-scrollers.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
These don't seem too bad tho their art is kind of lacking I'd say. I know and have played Tentactle Thrive but the rest is not really for me I think. Elven Conquest look interesting but why is the art different in some pics? I really find it weird when games don't go with a certain art style and keep it. Also I'm not really into side-scrollers.
Rogue Courier are pretty (at least I haven't seen anything comparable) which would explain why art is not as detailed. I can't say if the art in elven conquest is from different people or not, maybe it's just the different expressions. Actually I remember someone posting some Japanese games with some pretty good animations in one of these recommendation threads but I forgot to save the post and now I can't find it anymore. :(

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Rogue Courier are pretty (at least I haven't seen anything comparable) which would explain why art is not as detailed. I can't say if the art in elven conquest is from different people or not, maybe it's just the different expressions. Actually I remember someone posting some Japanese games with some pretty good animations in one of these recommendation threads but I forgot to save the post and now I can't find it anymore. :(
Are those japanese games in english?

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
Are those japanese games in english?
Since they were posted here most probably yes, but I can't remember for sure. No use wondering about it now I guess, I looked through a few pages. Maybe someone else will share something good.

Edit: Don't know rules about double posting so I'll add here. Reality is often disappointing I guess, I found the post, there are only 2 games, the animation to me looks good but it's censored AND the games are not in english. Sorry for raising expectations I guess lol, better luck with others.

Last edited: