Seeking Games with interesting and unique mechanics

KordNTR

Aug 7, 2017
Currently getting very tired of the usual gameplay of VN, dating simulators, and branching narrative games, looking for something with a bit more mechanical substance. Games like My Secret Cafe, Karryn's Prison come to mind but was hoping people could point out some more here. I am planning to make a recommendation thread with the best ones.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
BMO TV - I wouldn't call it good gameplay, but it's certainly something different: MC has to a QTE to evade getting forcibly TFed, can TF others by placing traps around the house, and gathers audience votes by doing various bimbo-like things.

iNSight of you - gameplay focused around orgasm-denial. Still a trainer, so it's objective-driven and not particularly deep or challenging.

Cyberslayers - I'm not sure I would call it gameplay per se, because that would imply a chance of failure, which I'm not sure was present in the version I played (before the current one), certainly not if you were trying to avoid it. But there are many unlockable skills that do something either in combat or during dialogue or various world interactions.

Corrupted Saviors - Probably the most indepth H-game I've played. Various corruption paths you can mix&match, dozens of personality permutations, dynamic interactions between them, and that's before you get to the training.

Naked Ambition - Trainer-like game I guess loosely inspired by Princess Maker. Aside from the training, it's more of a VN (with semi-randomized event order) but the card draws influence how MC reacts to situations.

Simply Mindy - Fantasy life sim, also possibly influenced by Princess Maker, with jobs, stats and a time limit.

The Imperial Gatekeeper - Based on Papers, Please, and is actually a very competent H-parody. Bureaucratic document-checking game with the possibility of abusing MC's authority for lewd purposes.

Last edited: