Seeking Games with more gameplay like rpg or slg

voyant

May 26, 2018
Looking for recommendations where there is good gameplay. Games I enjoyed, Alicesoft games eg. Rance series, dai "series", training corruption games, some rpg/managament games.
I don't really enjoy pure VNs. Don't get me wrong there are some VNs that have good story and cgs and some are really great for a h-game, but I read books and novels almost everyday and a majority just can't compare. For a while I was okay with sandbox games, it was fine for a couples of weeks to click around and grind, then I finished up the good quality games and hit the rotten potato sack.
RPGmakers are okay, but overwhelming majority have needlessly big maps for wasting time to run around, or random combat systems that adds nothing to the plot or scenes.

I welcome any recommendations, doesn't have to have lots of gameplay, but I played almost all of the games on the first 3-5 pages when sorted by likes and views.

Grapeboy

Oct 22, 2018
I assumed you already played it because you mentioned AliceSoft, but I would strongly recommend Evenicle. It has you journey around, saving the world to upgrade your knight license so you can have more women in your battle harem. It's got fun characters, a decent story, and a good soundtrack gallery.

Eiyuu Senki is a wonderful game that I just completed today. The premisis is that you are "isekai-ed" to conquer the world in the name of peace, along the way you get to become friends with famous heroines, such as: Joan of Arc, Marco Polo, Lancelot, and Montezuma. The game is surprisingly long, is full friendly chatter (I spent 38 turns just reading), and has some amazing tracks.

Another great conquest game is Venus Blood Frontiers. You conquer the floating island of Yggdrasil, where you engage in defiling goddesses, taking territoy, and watching gambits on gambits. There are a lot of endings in this one, with three major paths with different endings depending on who likes you the most. The game doesn't do the best initially with explaining the combat, so I would recommend reading the tutorial section in the menu.

There is also Kamidori Alchemy Meister, the easiest to get and most polished Eushully games out there. It has 3 main paths, NG+, and really good scenes music (Eternal fountain is so pleasant). It runs as a blend of shop keeping games and Fire Emblem, where you have to go on journeys to gather materials, craft those into items, and hope that people buy all of your knives before you go bankrupt. I managed to clock 60 hours in 5 days with this game (it tells you how long you have been on the save, so you can feel bad when you look back at the hundreds of hours you spent on this one)

These are the top quality ones that have pleasing game-play, a nice story, and many hours of content.

Edit: Accidentally posted unfinished

Last edited: