Seeking Games with Multiple Endings/Routes, Good Combat/Gameplay, like Sengoku Rance or Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Thank you! :)

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
Title. Sengoku Rance is my all-time favorite H-game, and was what got me really into them. I even own the Sengoku Rance hardcopy (I buy the games if I end up liking them, I own Sengoku and Magnum.) I like the darker themes, and the anti-hero protagonist. Kamidori was cute, I haven't finished it yet, but it is pretty vanilla.

Things I don't like are scat, bestiality, and pedophilia.

My favorite themes are things like rape/impreg. (If it changes any suggestions people give me, I am a girl.)

Thank you to all who leave recommendations! :)

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
Try the Venus Blood games.
Frontier
Hollow

They tend to contain loli though (but then again so does Kamidori) but otherwise they check most of your boxes.
I don't mind loli (small boobs), and actually prefer it compared to characters with excessively large ones. Unless the characters literally look like children, it's a pass. I was just wondering, which of those games has the least tentacle content? I've been interested in those games before, but tentacles are meh for me.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
I don't mind loli (small boobs), and actually prefer it compared to characters with excessively large ones. Unless the characters literally look like children, it's a pass. I was just wondering, which of those games has the least tentacle content? I've been interested in those games before, but tentacles are meh for me.
Venus Blood lolis tend to be very childish-looking but there are more mature heroines too. And yeah if tentacles are an issue to you then you proabably won't like the games very much, they are extremely tentacle-heavy.

Sorry :( I'm racking my brain to find something else to recommend you but the combination strategy+darker content isn't that common, sadly.

Nov 27, 2018
Portals of Phereon. Think Pokemon but with more autism, and the combat is tactical on an isometric battlefield. You can play as a shapeshifter girl (with an optional dick) who gains powers of other races through "gotta fuck 'em all", an evil tentaclemancer girl that can create humanoid tentacle hybrids at will and wants to destroy the world, or a druid guy who can kill his father to gain blood magic.

There's a lot of breeding to create hybrid races and stronger offspring (off-screen unless you use the sex training menu), but no pregnancy (it results in magic eggs appearing out of nowhere that you then place in the hatchery). You can find clues about hidden endings during the game. No bestiality as far as I know (any sex is between humanoid characters; creatures don't use sex mechanics and can only breed off-screen between themselves - like in normal Pokemon). The combat sex you don't want to engage in unless attempting to recruit someone in combat (and it only results in a brief animation), so I wouldn't worry about encountering a tentacled opponent either.

May take a while before you figure all the systems out, as you're thrown into it without much guidance (for any questions you can search the game thread or ask in it, or ). The screenshots are a bit outdated.

Reactions: DuniX
Aug 26, 2019
I'll bid you to look at other games by Alicesoft, namely:
Rance , , or , , , , , , , and
(Note: Kichikuou is the closest to Sengoku in terms of gameplay so you might want to check that first)
(Note 2: 03, IX, and X have no available english translation as of currently, but the official english releases of the latter two are on the works by MangaGamer)
(Note 3: in case you weren't aware, Sengoku is the seventh game in the series)
Evenicle and
Beat , , and
(Note 4: again, no english translation for Ixseal)
Dai , , and
(Note 5: no english translation for Daiakuji and Daitekoku, but this series has the most similar gameplay to Sengoku Rance)
and the other one-off entries like , , and the rest of the untranslated games

If that is not enough, you can also have a look at Leaf games, such as the series and the series, but they're not exactly eroges past the first entries and are pretty vanilla.

Off the top of my head, there's also the series, games (which are unfortunately untranslated aside from Kamidori, Rhapsody, and a number of only-interface patches for some others), and as a previous poster said, the Venusblood series of always-corruption-by-tentacles and at-least-one-loli-per-entry.

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
I'll bid you to look at other games by Alicesoft, namely:
Rance , , or , , , , , , , and
(Note: Kichikuou is the closest to Sengoku in terms of gameplay so you might want to check that first)
(Note 2: 03, IX, and X have no available english translation as of currently, but the official english releases of the latter two are on the works by MangaGamer)
(Note 3: in case you weren't aware, Sengoku is the seventh game in the series)
Evenicle and
Beat , , and
(Note 4: again, no english translation for Ixseal)
Dai , , and
(Note 5: no english translation for Daiakuji and Daitekoku, but this series has the most similar gameplay to Sengoku Rance)
and the other one-off entries like , , and the rest of the untranslated games

If that is not enough, you can also have a look at Leaf games, such as the series and the series, but they're not exactly eroges past the first entries and are pretty vanilla.

Off the top of my head, there's also the series, games (which are unfortunately untranslated aside from Kamidori, Rhapsody, and a number of only-interface patches for some others), and as a previous poster said, the Venusblood series of always-corruption-by-tentacles and at-least-one-loli-per-entry.
I really appreciate the detailed list with links! I've played a few of these (I love the Rance series in particular, as an MC he is fun to play), but I don't think I have heard of Tears to Tiara, Banchou, or Teikoku! Dohna Dohna is a really good game though, I love the colors and the gameplay (even tho impreg is basically a "bad end" for your prostitutes, which makes sense). Again, thank you! I hope there are more english translations of games in the future tbh.

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
Venus Blood lolis tend to be very childish-looking but there are more mature heroines too. And yeah if tentacles are an issue to you then you proabably won't like the games very much, they are extremely tentacle-heavy.

Sorry :( I'm racking my brain to find something else to recommend you but the combination strategy+darker content isn't that common, sadly.
No, thank you for your recommendations! I honestly didn't expect to have people respond. I'm eagerly awaiting the next English Rance translation lol :')

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
Portals of Phereon. Think Pokemon but with more autism, and the combat is tactical on an isometric battlefield. You can play as a shapeshifter girl (with an optional dick) who gains powers of other races through "gotta fuck 'em all", an evil tentaclemancer girl that can create humanoid tentacle hybrids at will and wants to destroy the world, or a druid guy who can kill his father to gain blood magic.

There's a lot of breeding to create hybrid races and stronger offspring (off-screen unless you use the sex training menu), but no pregnancy (it results in magic eggs appearing out of nowhere that you then place in the hatchery). You can find clues about hidden endings during the game. No bestiality as far as I know (any sex is between humanoid characters; creatures don't use sex mechanics and can only breed off-screen between themselves - like in normal Pokemon). The combat sex you don't want to engage in unless attempting to recruit someone in combat (and it only results in a brief animation), so I wouldn't worry about encountering a tentacled opponent either.

May take a while before you figure all the systems out, as you're thrown into it without much guidance (for any questions you can search the game thread or ask in it, or ). The screenshots are a bit outdated.
I really, really like the idea of breeding and hybrid races. That is why I wanted to play Cloudmeadow, but it is a bit lackluster (I've heard of drama with/about the dev). I have looked past this game in the past because, like you said, some of the things seem outdated, but I'm super excited to try it now, with your added details. Thank you so much. :)

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020

Which of the Venus games would you say has the least tentacle content? I need something to keep me busy until the next Rance title gets translated (MangaGamer, pls :'))

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Which of the Venus games would you say has the least tentacle content? I need something to keep me busy until the next Rance title gets translated (MangaGamer, pls :'))
Uh, tentacles are pretty much the franchise's trademark at this point. If you avoid corrupting the heroines you should see a bit less of it though. So I'd say go for Frontier or Hollow (Abyss is machine translated and Chimera is closer to a raisim sim than a strategy game) and try to be a half-decent guy.

Goddesslucy

Jan 27, 2020
Uh, tentacles are pretty much the franchise's trademark at this point. If you avoid corrupting the heroines you should see a bit less of it though. So I'd say go for Frontier or Hollow (Abyss is machine translated and Chimera is closer to a raisim sim than a strategy game) and try to be a half-decent guy.
Okay, thanks! Because I am pretty interested in the gameplay of those games, I just prefer the protag doing stuff as opposed to tentacles (no kink-shaming tho)