Seeking Games with worlds like Degrees of Lewdity, Apotheosis

Freebird24

Oct 27, 2020
As the title suggests, I'm looking for games like Degrees of Lewdity and Apotheosis - in other words, games where the world goes deeper than a surface-level viewing might suggest. The fact that they're both Twine HTML games (I assume they're Twine, anyway) is more a coincidence than anything, but I would imagine that worlds as detailed as both of theirs kinda need to be text-based to avoid paying an artist a small fortune in commissions for all the art they'd need. In DoL's case, what really drew me in about it was the promise of so much variety in content; I distinctly recall opening it for the first time, being presented with the orphanage, and then seeing something about 'otherworldly transformations' in the settings. I was highly intrigued by that, so I'm looking for things that satisfy a similar sort of feeling. As for Apotheosis, there were simply an insane number of different choices, routes, and possibilities - games on a comparable scale are ideal. (Admittedly, they don't need to give you the option to conquer planets in the name of the God-Emperor of Mankind, but I can't say I'd be disappointed if they did.) Essentially, what I want here are games that have a hell of a lot of shit to do, whatever form that may take.

Also, before anyone recommends them, I'm already familiar with Lilith's Throne, Corruption of Champions, and Trials in Tainted Space. They're all on my 'to-do' list, so don't bother suggesting them. Anything else is appreciated.