Seeking Games women might enjoy playing?

Jul 1, 2019
Been going through the tags looking for stuff to play since I got bored of Wicked Whims and ran out of visual novels, and am too lazy to mod Skyrim right now. I don't necessarily expect games aimed at women so much as ones not totally aimed at straight guys. A woman or nonbinary protagonist is preferred, but I don't mind man/man content games. It's cool if recs have woman/woman content (I'm bi), but I'm a lot pickier about that content since it's usually really poorly done lol.

Recommendations don't have to be available on here or finished, but it'd be nice to have an approximation of how much gameplay there is (or if it's just something to keep an eye on). Furry and/or kink content is fine but I'm not explicitly looking for it. Not a huge fan of gross-looking monsters, 3DCG made by people that never heard of lighting a scene or post-processing touch-ups, or real-life photos. I'm fine with modding existing games if that helps them fit the bill (and yeah I'll get around to modding Skyrim eventually if you have mod suggestions for that). Totally okay with pixel art or anime-styled games. Some kind of story is appreciated, but I'm willing to take scraps.

A Few Games I've Tried:
  • Breeding Season & Cloud Meadow: Fun art styles and pixel animations, options for female protags, and Cloud Meadow has very cute NPCs and an interesting story/world. Unfortunately not much content.
  • Breeders of the Nephelym: Guess I like breeding stuff? But the creator expressed that he wasn't interested in guy NPCs so I've lost hope in the game for now because I'm not interested in playing as a straight guy and that's where most of the gameplay is.
  • Sims 4 (Wicked Whims, Basemental Drugs, Etc.): Burnt out on it, waiting for the upcoming cottagecore lesbian game pack.
  • Trials in Tainted Space: Love it, kinda funny, decent writing, actually fun to play, but could use more guy companions and companion content in general. Here's hoping.
  • Corruption of Champions 1: Got repetitive way too quickly, weirdly barren for a text-based game.
  • Degrees of Lewdity: Grim, but I like the management aspects, achievements, customizable characters, dating/companions. Waiting for farmland updates.
  • Wild Life: Looks great, animations are hot, just... no content. I wish the devs luck, though. Same with Carnal Instinct.
  • Lilith's Throne: Again, love it, but accidentally blew through all the content in like two sittings. Wish there were more story-based NPCs, or that the randomly generated ones had more going on. I do seem to enjoy this type of game that's text-based but has some QoL UI aspects.
  • XXXivilization: Amusing for like half an hour but ended up too shallow. Writing is a little juvenile. Just made me want to play Crusader Kings or Civ.
  • Rack 1 & 2: Interesting! Wish there was story content. Rack 2's graphics and customization are great.
  • Flexible Survival: High hopes, like it so far, but I'm saving it for a long weekend. Wish there was a little more UI but not a deal-breaker.
  • Strive for Power: Fun management game in concept but not so much in practice. Same with Strumpets.
  • Visual Novels in General: I've probably heard of/know of/played it, but feel free to list off titles for anyone else that might read this thread.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know what different genders might prefer playing, but I guess in this case it would be "not a male-protag harem game" (which I personally don't care for at all, so I'm leery of such generalizations). Since you brought up DoL, should be safe to assume you're okay with some non-con towards MC. So here are some I suspect aren't aimed squarely at puerile horndogs.

Naked Ambition
Third Crisis
Ruin Me
Kingdom of Deception
Dilmur

Those are all more story-driven games, but since your list leans towards games with deep mechanics, I have some more sex-heavy and gameplay-heavy games too:

Karryn's Prison
Simply Mindy
On Edge (early in development, has a few hours in it)

• Red Heart
Reactions: gardenhideaway

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
My girlfriend enjoyed playing some of these games, and I've also played some. I don't know all of your interests in certain kinks, but I just went through the female protags and grabbed some of my favorites.

--Completed--
Good Girl Gone Bad (GF recommended, good game)
Pandora's Box (You switch between the M and F MC's)

--WIP--
A Wife and Mother
Love & Sex: Second Base (M/F MC option, not much content for F MC right now)
Jessica Oneils Hard News
Seeds of Chaos (You switch between the M and F MC's)
Claire's Quest
Our Red String (You switch between the M and F MC's)
Anna Exciting Affection - unofficial renpy remake
The Office Wife
Angelicas Temptation: From the Beginning
Tales of Terrara (You choose between M/F MC at the start)
Project Myriam: Life and Explorations
Casual Desires
The Thickening
Divergence: Beyond the Singularity
Carnal Instinct

• Red Heart

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
gardenhideaway
What sort of fetishes are you looking for as a woman specifically?
You said female MC is preferred, what type of encounters is more your type? Romantic? Rough fantasy? Being dominated? Doing the dominating? Power fantasy?

This would help further taylor recommendations that suit your taste.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Healslut [v0.6] [Davie Zwei] : Male/Female MC (optional at start) > transported to VR game as female/shemale/twink (option after short amount of gameplay) > fantasy adventure style > quite a lot of self deprecatory and childish humour > certainly more than a couple of days worth of play if different paths are experimented with > sex can be straight, lesbian, gay, trans depending on choices
Rise of the White Flower [Ch.5 v0.5.1] [NecroBunnyStudios] : Female MC > mage in troubled fantasy kingdom > some fairly good tongue in cheek humour > certainly more than a days worth of play - fairly linear > sex tends towards lesbian
Warlock and Boobs [v0.340.1 Hotfix 1] [boobsgames] : Male MC > bit of a feckless layabout trainee warlock > gets to grow boobs in game quest (can subsequently remove or keep) > quite a lot of humour (again) > certainly more than a couple of days worth of play if different paths are experimented with > quite a complex open world style game with quests > sex, straight, gay, trans, voyeurism on lesbian and female masturbation
Hermaphrodity and the Mystery of the Missing Specimens [v0.11] [Fapforce5] : Male MC > feckless layabout persuaded into largely self controlled feminization by numerous females > again with the humour > a little open world but with a main story line > certainly more than a couple of days worth of play if different paths are experimented with > sex, straight, gay, trans > an html game which doesn't play like one (html fires game off)

• Red Heart
Jul 1, 2019
What sort of fetishes are you looking for as a woman specifically?
You said female MC is preferred, what type of encounters is more your type? Romantic? Rough fantasy? Being dominated? Doing the dominating? Power fantasy?
Don't have any fetishes and am open-minded to kinks and different power dynamics, barring extreme stuff like scat and guro (though gore in a horror aspect is fine). As for encounters, tbh my ideal is just any game where the characters have developed personalities and okay dialogue. Humor is a huge plus. Power fantasy stuff is kinda boring. For looks, I tend to like butch women and femme guys, or just androgyny in general, but as long as the characters aren't actively hideous I don't really care.

I don't know what different genders might prefer playing, but I guess in this case it would be "not a male-protag harem game" (which I personally don't care for at all, so I'm leery of such generalizations). [...] So here are some I suspect aren't aimed squarely at puerile horndogs.
Thanks for the suggestions! I do feel bad for guys that aren't super into power fantasy/wish fulfillment/isekai games because the market certainly seems skewed towards them. It's not like they can't be fun in moderation, but... yeah. Oh well.

My girlfriend enjoyed playing some of these games, and I've also played some. I don't know all of your interests in certain kinks, but I just went through the female protags and grabbed some of my favorites.
Thank you both! I'll be sure to give her suggestion a go.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin