games wont open

Wolfie54

Sep 2, 2023
whenever I download a game it looks like a sheet of paper and I can't open it because it tells me I need a program to open it with what do I do?

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
whenever I download a game it looks like a sheet of paper and I can't open it because it tells me I need a program to open it with what do I do?
Hi, what game are you having trouble with?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
It sounds like you are opening the archive the game is shipped in (typically have a .zip, .rar or .z extension) and don't have an appropriate program to unpack the folders and files inside.

Basic advice is to get the necessary unpacker. More specific advice requires your O/S and the name (or preferentially link) to a game you are having trouble with.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
any and all games
can you please post what games you are having difficulty with? That would help tremendously. Despite your first post, it sounds like you don't meet the required program to run the games.

Wolfie54

Sep 2, 2023
can you please post what games you are having difficulty with? That would help tremendously. Despite your first post, it sounds like you don't meet the required program to run the games.
It’s five nights at Fredikas or however it’s spelled and here’s what it looks like
4905C4B5-99C1-427A-958F-17FDB4109AB6.jpeg

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
It’s five nights at Fredikas or however it’s spelled and here’s what it looks like
View attachment 2902005
That is really weird, the 7zip file is showing as an blank document. (or white piece of paper, as you mentioned)
Have you scanned your computer for viruses? Also, when you open up the file do you get an error message?

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
Go . Download the correct installer for your PC system. Then once it's installed, right click on the game and extract with 7zip. Hopefully it's just that.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Go . Download the correct installer for your PC system. Then once it's installed, right click on the game and extract with 7zip. Hopefully it's just that.
He might have an outdated version of 7zip. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Wolfie54

Sep 2, 2023
That is really weird, the 7zip file is showing as an blank document. (or white piece of paper, as you mentioned)
Have you scanned your computer for viruses? Also, when you open up the file do you get an error message?
no viruses and when I try to open it, it asks me what I want to open it with

Wolfie54

Sep 2, 2023
I appreciate the help thank you

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
no viruses and when I try to open it, it asks me what I want to open it with
This is really weird, the game is a unity game it should open normally like any other game. Try re-downloading the game and see if the game gives you the same problem.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This is really weird, the game is a unity game it should open normally like any other game. Try re-downloading the game and see if the game gives you the same problem.
7zip does not come with Windows natively. If yours did, it means it was added by your computer manufacturer.
The reason why it comes as blank and cannot open it up is because he needs the proper software (the one SAHC linked) to extract the files within that archive, then he'll be fine.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
7zip does not come with Windows natively. If yours did, it means it was added by your computer manufacturer.
The reason why it comes as blank and cannot open it up is because he needs the proper software (the one SAHC linked) to extract the files within that archive, then he'll be fine.
Okay thanks for the clarity.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
7zip does not come with Windows natively.
Reason why zip native format should be preferred when you share something with a large public. It's not really this more big, and you have the guaranty that everyone will be able to open it.

Reactions: Winterfire