Gay, traps, and futas. More tags?

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Is there any way the gay/trap/futa (and even lesbian and the like) games could have a top or bottom tag? Recently, I've gotten into some games that feature those tags and enjoy them. But, as in rl, I'd rather be the dominator rather than the dominated. Nothing against others, that's just my preference. For example, in a game that has a male protag with oral/anal as well as the gay, trap, or futa tags, there is no way of knowing what type of character you'd play until you get a certain distance into the story.

And yes, I know some of them specify it in the description, genre, and other things, but those seem to be the exceptions, rather than the rule if that makes sense.

If this has been discussed before then I'm sorry, I didn't search any certain phrases or anything. Just a spur of the moment thought pretty much.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I think the most sensitive approach is to ask the devs directly or that they warn at the description. The tags, as they are now, are absolute, and valid from the first ocurrence. For example, a game with a bottom MC with only ONE scene where he tops could get both tags and you would be where you started.

The MC in my game is versatile (I'm working to include more scenes as a top) but never thought this was a problem since me, as a player I don't mind if the MC is bottom or top, as long as he gets to fuck :ROFLMAO: . But it seems to be an issue for a part of my players.

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Honestly, I had like two paragraphs wrote up, then by some miraculous feat of fate, I dropped something on my keyboard and it closed the browser. Not even alt+f4, just random shit.

Anyway, you're not wrong, and I agree. But me, being the broke bitch I am, can't influence much. Sure, I can speak my piece, but would it be heard if I'm not a donator or something? Even then, I don't want to influence (let alone change) the story. I'd rather the dev do their own thing. Not to mention that half the games here are uploaded against the creator's wishes and they won't even see things like this thread.

I was just basically asking if we could get a couple more tags. Like, MC top/MC bottom, type things. And as you said about your own game, maybe a third. MC Switch or something.

Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Anyway, you're not wrong, and I agree. But me, being the broke bitch I am, can't influence much. Sure, I can speak my piece, but would it be heard if I'm not a donator or something? Even then, I don't want to influence (let alone change) the story. I'd rather the dev do their own thing. Not to mention that half the games here are uploaded against the creator's wishes and they won't even see things like this thread.
Hey, when I said ask him it was about ask the dev if the MC is a top/bottom/vers so you don't have to play the game to find out, not asking him to accomodate to your likes. What you say is absolutely correct, every dev will do whatever they like. Some of them (well, the minority) will answer you on their itch pages or even here, or the players themselves will tell you.

I think that part of my trouble is that I'm just a newbie dev, and as a bottom it's easier for me to write from that perspective. I topped rarely, and I enjoyed it too. So, when it comes to games, I enjoy both and I thought this wouldn't be an issue. Heh, I was wrong.

I ended putting a warning on my game page on itch (I need to update the one here) stating that the MC is versatile, and a great number of the encouters he'll bottom. Add to the mix that I also have to deal with the dom/sub dynamic in the game, and you'll see why I'm a mess :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Toram Eldin

Fzeren

Sep 25, 2020
For example, a game with a bottom MC with only ONE scene where he tops could get both tags and you would be where you started.
players.
Yeah, this.

I really think a certain tag should only be used if that thing is an 'actual part' of the game. I once played through a whole VN just to learn that the one tag I was interested in only referred to a single image early in the game...