Gelbooru doesn't display images for me.

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
I can't get gelbooru to display images. (example below). It just shows a link to their store - as if it's on that tab and won't move off it.

I suspect it's an anti-adware ploy but I am unsure how to get around it. I am unwilling to turn off adaware because that site is notorious for malware and other fun things. But I would like to be able to view the content. I should also mention I only visit the site in incognito mode to assist in ensuring I receive no unwanted presents.

Any suggestions?

(notice the faint squares at that top - I suspect those are replacing the thumbnails. They are not clickable and display no tooltip)

upload_2018-10-7_22-27-9.png

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
OK - so that's the likely cause. So now we just need a work around. One that does not consist of: 'well just turn off your ad blocker' for reasons already stated. :)
If you use ublock, add this filter :

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I can't get gelbooru to display images. (example below). It just shows a link to their store - as if it's on that tab and won't move off it.

I suspect it's an anti-adware ploy but I am unsure how to get around it. I am unwilling to turn off adaware because that site is notorious for malware and other fun things. But I would like to be able to view the content. I should also mention I only visit the site in incognito mode to assist in ensuring I receive no unwanted presents.

Any suggestions?

(notice the faint squares at that top - I suspect those are replacing the thumbnails. They are not clickable and display no tooltip)

View attachment 159761
I'd recommend switching to uBlock Origin. It's light weight but does its job well. I have no ads/problems on Gelbooru with Firefox and uBlock.

Reactions: bas