VN Ren'Py Completed Gem Blast [v5.0] [Dragonmilk Games]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

MorahBieno

Development Consultant & Revisions Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Yeah born and raised in US. Sorry if my poor Grammar made it sound like I didn't learn English as a first language haha. That's something I'm working to improve.
Even the most prolific writers need to have their stuff proofread by other people, it's no sweat. It's also great to have people who are writing pre-existing IP's to actually watch the show they're doing, or have it checked by people who have. I think for a v.0.1 you guys have a fine enough start. The important thing is to listen to fans and people in the business and take the best things they provide in terms of advice and implement them in your own way. Gator, is this your first game or writing project of this nature, just curious.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
In my opinion, I think the story should be retooled to EASE the story into the h-scenes, because of the immediacy of sex just happening, as opposed to a nice build up.

Reactions: yercat

MorahBieno

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
That's cool too. But everyone knows amethyst is easy
I mean sure, I think some characters could be made more easily bangable, but there doesn't seem to be much point in just IMMEDIATELY handing over the fuck action without much effort or buildup. Amethyst is the sluttiest of the group of course.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
I mean sure, I think some characters could be made more easily bangable, but there doesn't seem to be much point in just IMMEDIATELY handing over the fuck action without much effort or buildup. Amethyst is the sluttiest of the group of course.
The amethyst run I could imagine in one of them, the player or amethyst, doing some exposure scenes and then things scaling up quickly.

Arashi Blitz

Nov 16, 2016
We're discussing that right now actually. I know from experience that if you add too many, there can be months where a character gets little to no update. Our project is planned to be short so hopefully this shouldn't become an issue.
Imo you should focus on finishing Amethyst, Garnet and Pearl (since they're the "base" of the show together with Steven) + expanding locations for events. Once you have a good base, then add 1 or 2 characters + couple more locations and events and so on, so forth.
I've seen far too many games wanting to have a huge rooster and that did close to no good to them.
Also, pretty sure people won't mind having a low quantity of gems and stuff since you guys bang it with the art. (I'll wait a couple more updates to download and see if writing is also good)

Also, if I can be a bit selfish and ask for something... Please, let it have a lot of interacting things in each map you guys do. I love when games let you interact with either objects in the room and/or map movement related stuff.

Rolay7

Jun 27, 2017
We're discussing that right now actually. I know from experience that if you add too many, there can be months where a character gets little to no update. Our project is planned to be short so hopefully this shouldn't become an issue.
my advice is to stay with the main cast but add on from them in their quests. for example, I suggested a blue and yellow pearl storyline that you would get to by helping our pearl. What if most of the game was built like that so you would have to start helping the gems and progress through there storylines to see anyone else. That way the main gems content would need to be set as the main focus and the rest comes after.

JacksHoff

Jul 15, 2018
just follow the borderlands method, make the base game then expansions shit later.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Thats a good approach, just hope lapis is one of them.
I'd like to bet we'd eventually get up to the Crystal Temps (Peridot, Lapis & Connie) in terms of characters. If they choose to add any of the antagonist at some point that would be cool but for the sake of the project being kinda short (as mentioned by Digitalkaiju) I'd say the base team and Crystal Temps would be JUUUUUUST on point, especially Peridot cause she's my favorite <3

Reactions: kratoscar2008

dusk1123

Jul 10, 2018
I would say it’s a nice game so far, I enjoy the art style and the character personality’s, for a demo it works well, I could think of some fun steps for entering bismuth, if you intend to add a combat element to the game, she being used for weapons armor, character clothes you can switch between. Right now you have a decent mineshaft, you just opened it up and got to work and you already hit gold, now you must simply keep going, yes you might hit some coal and show it to your fans and they might not be as great full but if you work hard and listen to people that give actual advice, well I’m sure this will be a favorite to many people who will be begging you to continue so please keep up the good work!

Reactions: Rilogator
2.80 star(s) 5 Votes