3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Also, while I'm still learning something about Ren'Py with each month that passes, I do know what I'm doing. The two bugs you reported were very simple in fact: in ren'py (python) you have to put a "True condition" with double "="

if a == b:
thank you for pointing this out I was running into the elisa pone call error and fixed it myself by adding the missing = to the phone interaction rpy with wordpad

Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

Argox

Jan 6, 2018
Is this version of the game already playable, or there are too many bugs as all the previous versions uploaded here?

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Is this version of the game already playable, or there are too many bugs as all the previous versions uploaded here?
Right now the version on the site has breaking bugs that limit which routes work and which dont. I would recommend waiting for a more stable patch to be put on here before playing it.

Reactions: Argox

raizo244

Mar 21, 2019
Thank you for your understanding. Actually I could improve project management skills, however the most difficult thing is to re-play most of the game every time, thus the need to have players test it in Alpha.
Also, both Steam users and Patreon ones (and itch.io etc.) do know that the game is in Early Access. That doesn't mean "Hey guys, here's this game, I want your money and you won't see the end of it", but it means (or should mean): "Hey guys, the game's incomplete and might have crashes here and there. Thank you for your support, you're making it possible for the game to even exist." :D

Also, while I'm still learning something about Ren'Py with each month that passes, I do know what I'm doing. The two bugs you reported were very simple in fact: in ren'py (python) you have to put a "True condition" with double "=", so that reads:

if a == b:

The game was missing a "=" so it read "if a = b" which caused the error. It's a distraction, and it only was visible if you followed a certain path to it, since the same event could have started in two different ways as well. Just to give you the scope of the problem ;)

Take Euro Truck Simulator 2 for example, which is a game I'm a HUGE fan of. This is their "bug report" thread on their forum for the latest beta:

There are dozens, hundreds of reports, and that's quite normal since it's a beta (experimental), but they also have dozen of people developing it and a nice budget for it, however something still arises from time to time, even things that worked fine until the latest release stop working.

AAA companies release Gigs of patch on day 1, and their scope of developers is incomparable, still they have their own issues.

Telling that I work alone on this project isn't an excuse on my part: it's an explanation of the work behind the game, some of the choices after it and the presence of bugs. What's important is the speed on when the bugs are fixed in my opinion, because if I had a team of two (they would be enough) playing the game 6 hours/day for 20 days/month nothing of this will happen, but I can't hire them right now :(

If you wish to assist you can use the "bug report" button in-game to access the bug report page directly or write me an email with a list of issues on bugs[at]brunimultimedia.com

This is the "open bug report" situation:

As you can see it states "None reported" because I just released a fix. It doesn't mean the game is bug-free, but it means that every bug report I received has been dealt with and until something gets reported again I will work on new developments.

Thanks again.
Just so you know, I know nothing about programming so I might not recognize how complicated your work was. Now that you've explained the situation to me, I understand better. Again, I apologize for such a harsh criticism.

By the way, thank you for pointing out what went wrong, I've managed to fixed the problem myself. Even someone who have no idea how to code like me can fix it, I guess this kind of bugs are not as critical as I said before.

Now I can finally enjoy your game. :cool:

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Is there a plan to improve the resolution before releasing the final game in december? It seems crazy to me to charge 20 bucks for something that you can count the pixels in on some of the scenes.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Is there a plan to improve the resolution before releasing the final game in december? It seems crazy to me to charge 20 bucks for something that you can count the pixels in on some of the scenes.
The game was made in a standard "Visual Novel" format of 1280x720 for many reasons, the primary one being that when development started two years ago I didn't have a budget for the game (it all started to try out what Patreon potential was, and just 7% of people opening a Patreon page made it to make a living out of it so I guess I was very lucky) AND I had a low-end pc to render the graphic, and it took AGES to render the most complicated images.

Finally, as budget grew, I found a remote Iray server on Nimbix, which wasn't cheap but not expensive either and I started using that, improving the overall quality and delivery time. However, since Gigabytes of data were to be sent to the server and I had a slow internet connection (it's an issue that it's still present in many parts of Italy and two years ago was far worse than now), I could only do only a thousand images each month or so, mostly for medical exams.

Then, after the game went on Steam, I had the budget to buy a new high-end computer which now allows me to render about 2-300 images each month, and with a very superior quality (The Coroner Saga, my new upcoming Visual Novel, will be in 1920x1080). However the game now features 4532 images and unfortunately I don't have the budget, nor the time, to re-do each of them in Full HD.

The "20 bucks I charge" cover two years of dedicated work on the project, whereas I hope players will enjoy not only the graphic but the gameplay, story and medical exams. The game is about 50 hours long in its current state, with people on Steam playing it for even more as they try new paths, and I believe 17,99$ it's a fair price for that. Also, while Steam doesn't allow me to talk about their share on public forums in their NDA (you can easily find this info around the web though), believe me when I say that for a reason or another I get to get the half of it for each copy sold. While I understand this is not your concern (nor it should be), I am just pointing out why I chose to do something the way it is ;)

tl;dr: unfortunately not.

Reactions: caralho24

Luigi08

May 1, 2017
have a bug when Erika asks about the Joy Festival. Can easily bypass it by going back to 0.0.24.2 which I have no problem with doing but figured since I really like this game I would at the very least report the bug along with a few other minor bugs.

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes