3.30 star(s) 53 Votes

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
34%?

Wow...

Although one-third of your total clients isn't a small number, this is considerably less than what I've seen before! As I said earlier, every time I saw a Patreon dev doing the said poll, the number was substantially higher than that.

I wonder where the bulk of your patreons first heard about your game?

Nah, thank YOU for being such a great dev. Seriously! Patreon does need more people like you.
Damn... Now I'm seriously considering becoming a Patreon of yours, even with the "doctor" gameplay not being a thing for me... :p
Ahahahah. Thanks! I'm trying my best, I always did but I do it even harder since this has become the job with which I make a living for both me and my family as well.

The bulk of my Patrons heard about me... on Patreon!
When I started development Patreon hadn't still issued its rules about adult content, so I was visible on their own search engine, and that was about 59% of the searches who led to becoming supporters.
As a matter of fact, since I have disappeared from their search engine, because of my game being tagged as adult content, I dropped about 66% of pledges, many of them deleting it because of "Patrons policies", as a mean to protest against them, protest which of course changed nothing for Patreon but was a big blow for us smaller developers.

I also have been a supporter of Big Brother in the past and I was sickened when he stopped development after gaining hundreds of thousands of dollars for it, so I said to myself that I wanted to be another kind of developer and I want this project to end, since someone accused me to "milk patrons" in the past, when I never missed a monthly update since May 2017, not even when I was forced in bed with a bad hepatitis last June.

I call this being fair and thankful to those who actually allow me to do this job: the fans.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

2nd Anniversary Celebration - Personalized physical postcard

General Practitioner is two years old!

Everything started in May 2017, the game was unlike what you are looking at today, I wasn't a full time developer yet and my wife was pregnant with my firstborn.

I can't even start to list all the things that have changed in the meantime: the game hit Early Access on digital retail stores and it's approaching its Beta and Final Release, my job is now to deliver funny Visual Novels for thousands of people to play with and my wife is still pregnant (well, it's another child of course!)

The activity selection screen as it used to be back in the days!

To celebrate the 2nd Anniversary we're going to introduce you three surprises you might like, and I will announce them today in different posts, so keep following me for further infos!

The first surprise is a Patreon Special Offer, a gift of mine to whoever pledges 10$ starting from today to June 3rd: a personalized physical postcard which will be sent at your address!

The postcard will also feature an handwritten thank you signed by me.

All you have to do is:
  • Join with your account, or create one as needed
  • Pledge at least 10$. This way you'll not only receive the postcard, but all Patreon-related privileges and you'll be helping the games' development A LOT!
  • Make sure you updated your address correctly to receive the postcard!

The 2nd Anniversary Postcard is a limited offer and won't be available in the future! Grab yours today and celebrate this important achievement with us!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
2nd Anniversary Celebration - 30% discount on Steam and itch.io!

After the you will have the option to at a discounted rate of 30%!
This sale won't be repeated as the game won't receive a discount so big before its Final Release, so it's the best way to get a copy of the game and support its development!
This picture shows a very early draft of the game, maybe the very first picture I made for the game which of course didn't get into any part of it.

You can see a very rough quality, and the Doctor wasn't wearing his coat. He even didn't have any beard, but its iconic hair were already in place!
Also, that patient looked very pretty and sexy, and she was the first concept art for Rita, but she never made it into the game either and her character model was later re-used for Nurse Thompson character a few updates later.
The clinic was there, at least the main examination room. This picture is dated 13/05/2017, and development of the game progressed A LOT thanks to an oustanding fanbase which built around this Visual Novel.
Thank you for your support over the last two years. This sale is for those of you who still wish me to continue developing amazing Visual Novels.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

2nd Anniversary Celebration - Original Soundtrack now available on Steam!

The latest part of the 2nd Anniversary Celebration is the release of the game's Original Soundtrack as a separate DLC for the game.

Please note that 5$+ Patreon pledgers already have access to the soundtrack to download.

There are 11 tracks in MP3 format, composed by indie musician Ann Sharova specifically for this game.

These are the track titles:
1- First Date
2- Cold Relationship
3- It wasn't me
4- Sunny Mood
5- Waiting for tonight
6- Stress Moments
7- Use your brain
8- Crew Gathering
9- Unchecked Passion
10- Worrying News
11- Tell me it's not true

By buying both the game AND the soundtrack you'll get a 15% discount over the total, which goes up to 35% during the Anniversary Celebration!

The picture above shows another concept art for the game which never went through the final product. The Doctor was made for a whole new character model, using Daz3d's brand new (for the time) Genesis 3 and making Rita a bit different. While The Doctor was very handsome I reverted to Genesis 2 eventually because there was no way to fit a Doctor's coat over a Gen3 character.
A year later the Doctor's model was revamped with a newer Genesis 8 character, allowing for animations and for an higher definition character.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

The Coroner Saga - Episode 1 - Out for 20$+ patrons!

It's with a great joy that I am releasing a preview for "The Coroner Saga", our second Visual Novel and the first one to be fully released (no alphas nor betas!).

This is a rather different game from General Practitioner, because it is not a sexually-oriented game but a more traditional Visual Novel of Otome genre. It will be released in episodes with Episode 1 hitting the shelves in a few days on both Steam and . The whole game will be made of 6 different episodes, each 3-4 hours long in gameplay.

As it is a traditional Visual Novel many elements of General Practitioner will be different, but the overall look and feel should be familiar. Your choices always matter of course, even though the outcome of the most important ones will be revealed in later episodes, thus enhancing replayability of the whole saga!
Thank you for supporting the game and its development! I hope you'll enjoy this first episode and the ones to follow.
Please also remind that 30$+ patrons will receive a free key for the whole Season Pass on Steam (availability September 2019 when the 2nd episode will be out).

Thank you for your support, without it nothing of this would be possible!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Doc Bruni, any chance you've had a look at this?

EDIT: Just noticed the save file didn't come with the quote. Should you need it I can post it again.
So, I finally looked at the bug you reported, and I believe all it's fine. Allow me to explain:
As for changelog of 0.0.25:

After January 2nd, if you have more than one romance in place, the game will ask you which is the "Main Romance" you want to pursue. While it's possible to date more than one girl at any given time, for shared events (events which take place in the very same day for each character involved) it's necessary to choose who to give priority to for narration purposes.

So perhaps you chose another girl when prompted to.

OR you're not LIVING with Rita, even if she's your girlfriend. Merry Christmas event will play with Claudia by default if you're not living with someone at the time. This is working as intended.

Let me know if you recognize any of the above situations.

Also, please note this as well:

WARNING: save games prior to 0.0.20 are no longer compatible. If you own a previously made save you will have to restart the game!
Save games from releases after 0.0.21 are compatible, however some in-game events' activation triggers have been moved or redesigned. While the method used should not corrupt save games it is recommended you start a new game OR load a game before September (in-game time)

Sorry about this but since the game is still in alpha I might occasionally need to re-write whole portions of the game to make them fit properly in a game so big... That means that sometimes save games could be wiped out when I'm going to touch something deep in the past as it was the case with this update ;)

Dec 3, 2018
So, I finally looked at the bug you reported, and I believe all it's fine. Allow me to explain:
As for changelog of 0.0.25:

After January 2nd, if you have more than one romance in place, the game will ask you which is the "Main Romance" you want to pursue. While it's possible to date more than one girl at any given time, for shared events (events which take place in the very same day for each character involved) it's necessary to choose who to give priority to for narration purposes.

So perhaps you chose another girl when prompted to.

OR you're not LIVING with Rita, even if she's your girlfriend. Merry Christmas event will play with Claudia by default if you're not living with someone at the time. This is working as intended.

Let me know if you recognize any of the above situations.

Also, please note this as well:

WARNING: save games prior to 0.0.20 are no longer compatible. If you own a previously made save you will have to restart the game!
Save games from releases after 0.0.21 are compatible, however some in-game events' activation triggers have been moved or redesigned. While the method used should not corrupt save games it is recommended you start a new game OR load a game before September (in-game time)

Sorry about this but since the game is still in alpha I might occasionally need to re-write whole portions of the game to make them fit properly in a game so big... That means that sometimes save games could be wiped out when I'm going to touch something deep in the past as it was the case with this update ;)
Thank you for the answer. Those two scenarios seem unlikely as I am certain that I am living with Rita, and I have tried to be exclusive with her. However, it is possible that it is due to a savegame corruption, I suppose. Is there any way to permanently delete the save files? I've tried deleting them in the game folder, but they can still be loaded in the game.

Whatever the problem is, I thank you for your help and enthusiasm.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Thank you for the answer. Those two scenarios seem unlikely as I am certain that I am living with Rita, and I have tried to be exclusive with her. However, it is possible that it is due to a savegame corruption, I suppose. Is there any way to permanently delete the save files? I've tried deleting them in the game folder, but they can still be loaded in the game.

Whatever the problem is, I thank you for your help and enthusiasm.
You can mouse over a save and hit "Del" on your keyboard to delete it. Other than the save folder the game also puts saves in your Documents\Ren'py\GP-xxxxx folder, make sure to delete it as well.
Also, please send me the save file so I can check it out. I need a save before the MC event starts, but after the invitation if possible. Thanks!

Dec 3, 2018
You can mouse over a save and hit "Del" on your keyboard to delete it. Other than the save folder the game also puts saves in your Documents\Ren'py\GP-xxxxx folder, make sure to delete it as well.
Also, please send me the save file so I can check it out. I need a save before the MC event starts, but after the invitation if possible. Thanks!
Alright. I'll try and make a new - "Clean" savegame. If the problem persists I'll send you the save!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
If you wish to save time you can send me the save first, who knows it is a bug indeed after all? :D

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

The Shooting (Rita's Path)

Update 0.0.26, which will be released on Patreon in a few days and on retail stores (including both Steam and ) on July, focuses on Rita, as many of you already know.

One of the main events featured in the update is the "Shooting". You might remember that the cute, shy Rita went down a path of transgression and lust when she discovered a sexual world that was always behind her grasp. Until she met you, of course!
Rita started to wonder if there was something different in having sex with people that weren't her ex-boyfriend Luke or the Doctor himself, so she began to move into "the life", getting more and more interested about cuckoldry and her role as a "sweet girl".

Everything started with José, but now she's moving forward to other partners as well, and the Doctor seems to be ok in making her explore this side of herself, but is he?
This time Rita met a famous photographer at her icecream shop and when he asked her to be his model for a shooting she immediately accepted, bringing you with her. Watch and choose how events will play in this situation and watch her being pleased in front of you by a stranger, or leave them be and argue with her later to try and bring her back to a safer relationship.

As with every other part of the game, your choice will matter AND determine the outcome of your relationship with Rita in 0.0.26.
I hope you'll enjoy 0.0.26 update, "A song of Icecream and Fire" when it's released!
In the meantime grab the game if you haven't, a huge discount is still available on Steam until tomorrow!

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Here you go, then!
I found the issue. It was a BIG bug indeed, and NO ONE reported it before. It was in fact preventing the game to play the Christmas event with other characters other than Claudia, locking out of the game a lot of interactions.

It never occurred to me as I don't start over the game every time, because I don't have time to replay 60+ hours of gameplay every time, so I usually set the variables needed to start events and run them. This way I didn't notice that the variables weren't set from inside the game at all, hence the bug. No one recognized that the story played the same no matter your choices, or no one reported before you did! Thanks a lot!!!

Also, I fixed another issue with your save game, as I noticed you had a "date" available even though you shouldn't have, and if you clicked on it it would've made a mess with the content. That's fixed as well.

Unzip the attached file into your game folder AND MAKE SURE NO script.rpy file is present, or it will override the fix when you start the game.

Thanks a lot! I mean it!

Dec 3, 2018
I found the issue. It was a BIG bug indeed, and NO ONE reported it before. It was in fact preventing the game to play the Christmas event with other characters other than Claudia, locking out of the game a lot of interactions.

It never occurred to me as I don't start over the game every time, because I don't have time to replay 60+ hours of gameplay every time, so I usually set the variables needed to start events and run them. This way I didn't notice that the variables weren't set from inside the game at all, hence the bug. No one recognized that the story played the same no matter your choices, or no one reported before you did! Thanks a lot!!!

Also, I fixed another issue with your save game, as I noticed you had a "date" available even though you shouldn't have, and if you clicked on it it would've made a mess with the content. That's fixed as well.

Unzip the attached file into your game folder AND MAKE SURE NO script.rpy file is present, or it will override the fix when you start the game.

Thanks a lot! I mean it!
That's great to hear - Happy that I could help! I'll try it at once.

Dec 3, 2018
Just tried the old save with the new scripts - both of them - and I'm sorry to say that I still only get the Christmas event with Claudia, rather than Rita. Should I try a complete restart, instead? If so, is there any way to relatively quickly fast forward to the dates in question? Worth noting is that I'm using the latest update - straight from your Patreon.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Nope, after loading with the new script it should be fine... Make sure to load the same save you sent me, because it now works after the update. Have you checked against .rpy files in your folder, right?

Dec 3, 2018
Nope, after loading with the new script it should be fine... Make sure to load the same save you sent me, because it now works after the update. Have you checked against .rpy files in your folder, right?
Am I to erase all the .rpy files? I was under the impression that I was just to delete the script.rpyc file.

Edit: It seems to work with the new script you just posted! Thanks! I'll keep you posted if I find any new bugs or the like.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruni Multimedia

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
It's working as intended: your relationship with Rita is very strong (100 in your savegame), hence nothing relevant happens when you go check on her. A different outcome happens if your relationship with her is below 80.

3.30 star(s) 53 Votes