Daz Genesis 8 Female Error on drop in (SOLVED)

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
Hi all, so all of a sudden the past couple of weeks I have been getting this error in DAZ studio whenever I load in ANY genesis 8 female character to a scene. I have tried removing/uninstalling every asset/figure that has genesis 3 content associated with it that I had installed around the time this error starting occurring, and to no avail. Tried looking in the DAZ forums for solutions and nothing has helped from there either (it often doesn't).

This is not an error that is stopping me from doing anything yet thankfully (though it will be a problem when I start trying to use renderalot etc as it doesn't like any messages popping up in DAZ) but it is extremely annoying getting this message EVERY time I load a Genesis 8 Female. If anyone knows of any fixes/work arounds to getting rid of this annoying error, please do let me know. Thanks a lot!

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
Umm, have you tried reinstalling/fixing the Genesis 3 Starter Essential?
Yeah, that is pretty much the first thing I did. It is installed according to DAZ. I also pressed the ''install selected'' button that comes up with the error, but nothing happens. I have also tried going to ''all products'', highlighting everything in my library (with CTRL+A) and installing to ensure nothing is uninstalled. Nothing is working, would be nice if DAZ just had a ''don't show this message again'' button :/

Thanks for the response.

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
I fixed the issue, I believe it was to do with my content directories. I had 3 of them...so what I did was located 2 of the directories folders, copied them both in to the third directory (biggest folder) and removed the other 2 as directories, having just the one directory now. DAZ was probably getting very confused with 3 content directories...whoops.

EDIT: Welp, that just caused the error to go away but now a lot of the figures aren't even looking like how they used to/did before I made the change...I am really getting tired of this software now...there always seems to be something wrong with it. Endless threads/forums of other people struggling with it too. (Sigh)

Last edited:

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
Final Edit: I think I fixed the issue now, I right clicked on Genesis 3 Starter Essentials and ''update metadata'', then when the error came up again it actually showed Genesis 3 Starter Essentials as being uninstalled and let me reinstall it (which it wasn't doing previously) What a headache..lol

Reactions: mickydoo and Phanex

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Final Edit: I think I fixed the issue now, I right clicked on Genesis 3 Starter Essentials and ''update metadata'', then when the error came up again it actually showed Genesis 3 Starter Essentials as being uninstalled and let me reinstall it (which it wasn't doing previously) What a headache..lol
Wait. Are you installing stuff inside the DAZ Studio application? DAZ Connect sucks donkey balls. If you're doing this, stop and just use DIM or manual installatiion.

• Haha
Reactions: BurningSage

BurningSage

Oct 10, 2020
Wait. Are you installing stuff inside the DAZ Studio application? DAZ Connect sucks donkey balls. If you're doing this, stop and just use DIM or manual installatiion.
Haha, no way man. DAZ Connect and their installer always screwed me over in some capacity (and it does suck major donkey balls). Been installing everything manually for a long while and have had no problems doing so for the most part until now. Everything seems to be working fine again :).

DAZ really does just seem to be a trial and error kind of software, and most of the time just a DIY will solve most of the problems. (Or looking through hundreds of threads hehe) Now the fun part of rendering during hot summer days awaits ;)...my poor pc.