Genesis 8 Female MEGA Wardrobe Indispensable Textures cannot apply on Genesis 8 figure.

Bumbayskie

Dec 31, 2018
I'm having trouble applying this clothes to the Genesis 8 figure:

I already tried reinstalling it a couple of times but no luck.

I have a couple of images on how did I apply the clothes to Genesis 8 figure via clicking the spoiler button below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please do help me as I really wanted this outfit to be apply on Genesis 8 Character. Thank you in advance!

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
That's just the materials, you need to apply the dress first (which is a ) and then you can apply the materials (textures) on top of the dress.

Bumbayskie

Dec 31, 2018
That's just the materials, you need to apply the dress first (which is a ) and then you can apply the materials (textures) on top of the dress.
Thank you so much for clarifying this to me as I have no idea that the package that I download was just an addon, thank you once again!

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I'm having trouble applying this clothes to the Genesis 8 figure:

I already tried reinstalling it a couple of times but no luck.

I have a couple of images on how did I apply the clothes to Genesis 8 figure via clicking the spoiler button below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please do help me as I really wanted this outfit to be apply on Genesis 8 Character. Thank you in advance!
You can download the base asset here:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thank you so much for clarifying this to me as I have no idea that the package that I download was just an addon, thank you once again!
This is an easy mistake to make for those new to Daz. But any product on the Daz3d.com that says "Textures" in its title is going to be an add-on. If you're ever unsure, look for the Required Products item in the upper right of the product page. If it's an add-on for an outfit, the outfit will be listed there. If it's an outfit itself, there usually won't be a "Required Products" entry.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Bumbayskie

Dec 31, 2018
You can download the base asset here:
Got it, thanks!

This is an easy mistake to make for those new to Daz. But any product on the Daz3d.com that says "Textures" in its title is going to be an add-on. If you're ever unsure, look for the Required Products item in the upper right of the product page. If it's an add-on for an outfit, the outfit will be listed there. If it's an outfit itself, there usually won't be a "Required Products" entry.
Oh I see, I found it, "the required product", Thank you!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Oh I see, I found it, "the required product", Thank you!
It's worth noting that "Required Product" will also show up for character morphs when they're "cumulative" morphs. Like , just to cite an example. For character morphs, the morphs will function if you don't have the base (i.e. you had Dora but not Edie). But since the Dora morphs are designed to be applied on top of the Edie morph, if you have Dora without Edie you'll get a character that looks somewhat different than if you have both. But you would have to have installed the base character that Edie is based on. (Genesis 8 female). Fortunately, the chains don't ever seem to go more than two deep. Meaning Genesis 8 Female (which is free) -> Edie -> Dora. (At least, I haven't seen chains deeper than that before.)

So "required product" might not always be strictly required. But in the cases of textures, they are.

Bumbayskie

Dec 31, 2018
It's worth noting that "Required Product" will also show up for character morphs when they're "cumulative" morphs. Like , just to cite an example. For character morphs, the morphs will function if you don't have the base (i.e. you had Dora but not Edie). But since the Dora morphs are designed to be applied on top of the Edie morph, if you have Dora without Edie you'll get a character that looks somewhat different than if you have both. But you would have to have installed the base character that Edie is based on. (Genesis 8 female). Fortunately, the chains don't ever seem to go more than two deep. Meaning Genesis 8 Female (which is free) -> Edie -> Dora. (At least, I haven't seen chains deeper than that before.)

So "required product" might not always be strictly required. But in the cases of textures, they are.
I will definitely keep that in my mind, thank you so much!