Daz Genesis 8 Hip joints

BadgerBravo

Nov 9, 2019
Hey All,

Only really learning Daz Studio recently but a problem i'm coming across again and again is the hip joints when the legs are bent at angles.
This is a Genesis 8 female and i've got Glute and Hip control addons but there's nothing that helps this situation I can find?

Hip.JPG

I see game renders with this kind of pose and their hip joints are silky smooth...

Any advice or tips please?

Last edited:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Some poses where the legs have "extreme" (so to speak) postures have that result.

There are several things you can try...
- You can look for morphs that correct those problems (This one for example: )
- You can use "Mesh Grabber" to modify the mesh (But it can be difficult to get the desired result in this particular case)
- You can apply "smoothing" to the character (That will make all the "curves" of the character "softer"; but of course, it will apply to the whole body, not just that area of the legs)
- Modify the "bones" of the character (It seems to be the best option for those cases; I have been working with yoga postures recently and I have had to use it, and good results are achieved, although it should be used in a subtle way, because you are modifying your character, lol)(NOTE: The modified "bones" will only be saved in that scene, but remember to back up your character). To use it, click on the "Tool Settings" button and choose "Joint Editor"; select the part you want to modify and move it around until you get the result you want.

BTW, I think the torso's too contorted too, lol :p

Oh, and some of those things can also be easily solved with a few tweaks in an image editor :)

Reactions: BadgerBravo

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I'd also do a testrender. Sometimes the texture shaded shaded view "overstates" a problem that due to shadows etc. is hardly noticeable in the final product.