Genesis 9 and Victoria 9 coming mid October

BadThingsHere

Mar 15, 2021
Just got this through email today. I don't know if I should expect much, I'm new to this 3d modelling thing but I'm somewhat excited
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It has a unified figure which, sounds really cool. It has one figure and a masculine-feminine slider. I don't know how useful it will be but it's pretty cool.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
Honestly, from the live stream, it was pretty underwhelming. While the 8k skin is nice and all, most people won't even need that and your GPU will undoubtedly take a hit using it. The facial expression sliders did get a little bump in realism. I think the biggest issue will be compatibility between assets for older models and the Gen 9.

Lugosi

May 16, 2021
Honestly, from the live stream, it was pretty underwhelming. While the 8k skin is nice and all, most people won't even need that and your GPU will undoubtedly take a hit using it. The facial expression sliders did get a little bump in realism. I think the biggest issue will be compatibility between assets for older models and the Gen 9.
Daz already wants to commit seppuku anytime you try and load a HD 8.1 texture and change a dial. God knows wtf is going to happen when you try and load 8k textures. Also curious as to the performance difference now that it seems vic 9 is going to load both male and female dials.

Kiratalle

Sep 18, 2022
*groan* Or for the love of all that is holy. Genesis 8.1 is only like, a year old. And now they want to render existing assets irrelevant again. May the Daz executives me anally accosted by the horse they road in on -_-.

• Haha
Reactions: wd1111 and Laikhent

Kiratalle

Sep 18, 2022
Well... For me, Genesis 8.1 is irrelevant...
Ugh. There's some 8.1 only figures and assets. They are sort of compatible with 8. But only sort of. What annoyed me the most was the fact that 8 and 8.1 use completely different facial feature settings. Since it's likely they'll continue to use the ones they made for 8.1 into 9, it's unlikely that Genesis 8 expressions will work with the new Genesis 9. And I know the same thing happened with Arm/Leg posing between Genesis 3 and 8. Daz has a terrible record for any sort of backwards compatibility. Which is why I immediately cringe and groan whenever they introduce yet another new figure.

Reactions: The Japanese