• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Genesis 9 genitalia problem

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
What steps did you take after loading Victoria 9 HD?
And at wich step did this "error" appear?

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
What steps did you take after loading Victoria 9 HD?
And at wich step did this "error" appear?
Hi, i first do the preprocess character textures then customize genitalia and apply genitalia and last update genitalia materials.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Weird, have you touched anything in the window that opens during the customization step?
"Update genitalia materials" step doesn't seem necessary if this is the first time you've applied the asset to Victoria 9.

I've done the first 3 steps without touching anything and I got this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could you share the rest of your "Scene" panel?
Like this :
Capture.png
Maybe it conflicts with another asset that I can't see in your screenshot?

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
Weird, have you touched anything in the window that opens during the customization step?
"Update genitalia materials" step doesn't seem necessary if this is the first time you've applied the asset to Victoria 9.

I've done the first 3 steps without touching anything and I got this:

Could you share the rest of your "Scene" panel?
Like this :
View attachment 3063016
Maybe it conflicts with another asset that I can't see in your screenshot?
Hey, to be honest I saw him do 5 out of 9 but then he closed, whether he did it right this time or not I don't know.
1.png 2.png

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
One solution could be to copy the Victoria 9 Body surface onto the New Genitalia Body surface.

Like this in the Surfaces panel :
Victoria 9 Body surface.PNG

Left click on Victoria 9 Body surface then right Click on it -> the "Copy Selected Surface(s)"

Now paste it to the Body surface of New Genitalia :

New Genitalia Body surface.PNG

Right click on it then "Paste to Selected Surface(s)"

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
One solution could be to copy the Victoria 9 Body surface onto the New Genitalia Body surface.

Like this in the Surfaces panel :
View attachment 3063116

Left click on Victoria 9 Body surface then right Click on it -> the "Copy Selected Surface(s)"

Now paste it to the Body surface of New Genitalia :

View attachment 3063117

Right click on it then "Paste to Selected Surface(s)"
Thanks i try it out.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Damn :(

Could you enlarge your Surfaces panel and take a screenshot of the New Genitalia "Body" surface?

New Genitalia Body Surfaces.PNG

EDIT :
After testing a little further, I managed to reproduce your problem.
Make sure that the New Genitalia Surfaces shader is the same as the Victoria 9 shader (framed in red below).

Shader.PNG

Last edited:

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
First, select the 3 surfaces of your New Genitalia, just click on the asset name (if you want to do it one by one, you have to repeat the following steps for each)

All surfaces.PNG

Inside the Presets tab:
1. Select Shaders
2. Select Iray
3. Search for PBRSkin
4. Double click on "Daz Iray PBRSkin"

PBRSkin.PNG

Now you should see some changes on Victoria 9.
But that's not all, you need to do the "copy and paste" steps I indicated a few posts back.
With Victoria 9 "Body" surface to New Genitalia "Body" surface and Victoria 9 "Legs" surface to New Genitalia "Legs"

Now, the only surface left is Genitalia, but as it doesn't exist on Victoria 9 and can't be applied directly via the Materials folder in the Victoria 9 HD folder, we need to find a way around the problem.

So,
1.Load the "Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female" with Victoria 9 selected in your scene.
2.If the Genitalia surface of the Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female is Iray Uber, follow the same steps I showed you above to convert it to PBRSkin.
3.Select the "Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female" in your scene tab and load the "Victoria 9 Genitalia Female" Materials (in your Library, you can normally find it in People/Genesis 9/Characters/Daz Originals/Victoria 9 HD/Materials)
4.Now you can do the final "copy and paste" step from the Genitalia surface of Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female to the Genitalia surface of your New Genitalia.

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
First, select the 3 surfaces of your New Genitalia, just click on the asset name (if you want to do it one by one, you have to repeat the following steps for each)

View attachment 3065116

Inside the Presets tab:
1. Select Shaders
2. Select Iray
3. Search for PBRSkin
4. Double click on "Daz Iray PBRSkin"

View attachment 3065117

Now you should see some changes on Victoria 9.
But that's not all, you need to do the "copy and paste" steps I indicated a few posts back.
With Victoria 9 "Body" surface to New Genitalia "Body" surface and Victoria 9 "Legs" surface to New Genitalia "Legs"

Now, the only surface left is Genitalia, but as it doesn't exist on Victoria 9 and can't be applied directly via the Materials folder in the Victoria 9 HD folder, we need to find a way around the problem.

So,
1.Load the "Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female" with Victoria 9 selected in your scene.
2.If the Genitalia surface of the Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female is Iray Uber, follow the same steps I showed you above to convert it to PBRSkin.
3.Select the "Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female" in your scene tab and load the "Victoria 9 Genitalia Female" Materials (in your Library, you can normally find it in People/Genesis 9/Characters/Daz Originals/Victoria 9 HD/Materials)
4.Now you can do the final "copy and paste" step from the Genitalia surface of Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female to the Genitalia surface of your New Genitalia.
The problem is i don't have like this "shaders"

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
You must check that your "Default Resources" are up to date.
1. -> "I uninstalled, reintalled the defaut resources, now showing in library."
2. -> How to do it

The latest version should be "Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.21+"

Last edited:

kodaa1337

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2020
Idk what's happening but i reinstall everything. This new daz 22 pro full of bugs.