• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Genital textures from Daz to Unity help

Trinn

Apr 2, 2018
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience exporting Daz models to Unity or knows of a complete guide with genitals included.

I've been trying for a couple days but I just can't get the genital textures to export correctly along with the model. I've tried both the 'New Gens for Victoria 8' and 'Golden Palace' but they both have the same issue where the vagina textures are applied as a Geometry Shell and I can't figure out a way to apply those textures in Unity after the export.

When I export to FBX I'm using the 'Merge Fitted Figure Geometry' option to merge the genital mesh and allow exporting the morphs for it. But doing this causes the vagina Material to use the UVs that are in the default body texture and they don't work with the vagina textures at all. If I don't merge the geometry then I can apply the texture but the Geometry Shell appears as a completely separate GameObject and doesn't move at all along with the model's skeleton which makes it kind of pointless.

It seems like the default Daz genitals in the Pro packs work okay but the textures on those are kind of crappy and I didn't see many decent morphs for them.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the New Gens or Golden Palace genital textures into Unity properly I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reactions: tabooDev9

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience exporting Daz models to Unity or knows of a complete guide with genitals included.

I've been trying for a couple days but I just can't get the genital textures to export correctly along with the model. I've tried both the 'New Gens for Victoria 8' and 'Golden Palace' but they both have the same issue where the vagina textures are applied as a Geometry Shell and I can't figure out a way to apply those textures in Unity after the export.

When I export to FBX I'm using the 'Merge Fitted Figure Geometry' option to merge the genital mesh and allow exporting the morphs for it. But doing this causes the vagina Material to use the UVs that are in the default body texture and they don't work with the vagina textures at all. If I don't merge the geometry then I can apply the texture but the Geometry Shell appears as a completely separate GameObject and doesn't move at all along with the model's skeleton which makes it kind of pointless.

It seems like the default Daz genitals in the Pro packs work okay but the textures on those are kind of crappy and I didn't see many decent morphs for them.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the New Gens or Golden Palace genital textures into Unity properly I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Try asking in this thread: 3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

pix360

Sep 21, 2019
[...] If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the New Gens or Golden Palace genital textures into Unity properly I'd greatly appreciate it. [...]
Hi Trinn! I found your post while looking for a solution for this exact same problem. After dealing with transferring genitalia morphs to the exportation I now see no way to have a good UV map since merging replaced the NGV map with the body one. I know that you had this problem a long time ago, but did you find a solution?

My only solution would have been to manually remake the UV in a 3D software BUT fbx exported via the Unity Bridge are showing completely broken in Blender. So if you (or anyone) knows the solution, I'm all ears!

Thank you!

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
the diffeomorphic plugin has an option to merge uv's that said, if the materials look weird you still need to select all the wrong looking vertices and assign the torso3 material to them