Genre spoiler section should be conclusive.

How often do you find needed info in Genre Spoiler Section?

• Total voters

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
Why the fuck genre spoiler section simply lists off tags instead presenting some useful information like it is supposed to. (in general)

Which tags are avoidable, which are not. How much content is blocked off if you want to avoid that particular tag. How fundamental is that particular tag in that particular game. Are you playing a Sci-Fi game with some incest in it or are you playing an Incest game with some sci-fi in it. If the game has incest, then what kind. If the game has NTR then what kind. BDSM, Sub-Dom, violent and etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Why the fuck this information is not available when there is a specific section in every post specifically dedicated to it.

All those mod warnings, meaningless discussions on what is supposed to be included in the tag or not and whiny posts (like this one) would if not disappear then at least become rare and irrelevant.

Spoiler section should be useful instead of simple copy-paste and the vast majority are unfortunately the latter.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Would you write all that yourself for your favorite games? If you did, maybe the mods/topic creator would include it in the OP. Point is, all that takes some time and effort and there's no standard template for it.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Would you write all that yourself for your favorite games? If you did, maybe the mods/topic creator would include it in the OP. Point is, all that takes some time and effort and there's no standard template for it.
I'm perfectly agree with you

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
Primary tags:
Sci-fi, Harem, Humor.

Secondary tags:
Incest, Futa, NTR, Sharing...

Harem (max 10 char, solo route possible), Incest (b/s, m/s, PATCH REQUIRED avoidable), NTR (avoidable), Futa (1 char exclusive, avoidable), Sharing (avoidable)

You mean that much effort?

Edit:
Besides half the tags are self explanatory. Big tits, Big ass, Point and click, Sandbox and etc. Just a few tags need clarification.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Which tags are avoidable, which are not. How much content is blocked off if you want to avoid that particular tag. How fundamental is that particular tag in that particular game. Are you playing a Sci-Fi game with some incest in it or are you playing an Incest game with some sci-fi in it. If the game has incest, then what kind. If the game has NTR then what kind. BDSM, Sub-Dom, violent and etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Why the fuck this information is not available when there is a specific section in every post specifically dedicated to it.
Because nobody wrote that, including some dev of their own game? And monstly none using their time to do this here. The staff is busy with keeping the site running, including keeping the trash out and so on.
All those mod warnings, meaningless discussions on what is supposed to be included in the tag or not and whiny posts (like this one) would if not disappear then at least become rare and irrelevant.
No, it will, even then have enough people who simple will ask, before thinking or reading anything at all.
Spoiler section should be useful instead of simple copy-paste and the vast majority are unfortunately the latter.
With that I agree.

You mean that much effort?
Yes? If you want to do that thoroughly and accurate, then it can cost a shit ton of time for each game. Sure, it is different between game, size and how crazy the go with pathing, but some game exist here that none of us know all paths and they have neither a walkthrough nor a mod because of this difficulty.

So, you have two major problems here. First, it is time consuming and second, you would need to do every possible path. Game has 5 question with 2 answers, all combination possible, 32 possible paths to check. As I've learned exponential growth is something you shuld avoid with (mathematical) problem.
Sure, you could circumvent this if you go for the game code, but not everyone can do that, where (almost*) everyone can play a game.

*From my experience here, sometimes it is shocking what some user can and can't do.....:whistle:

Reactions: anne O'nymous

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
Yes? If you want to do that thoroughly and accurate, then it can cost a shit ton of time for each game. Sure, it is different between game, size and how crazy the go with pathing, but some game exist here that none of us know all paths and they have neither a walkthrough nor a mod because of this difficulty.
What about those game that have walkthrough and/or mods? They don't have useful Genre Spoiler section either. I've seen more warning from mods "NTR is not avoidable, stop the discussion" than "Genre Primary: NTR" or "NTR (nonavoidable)". Dev Notes have more info than Genre Spoiler. Simply searching the tag you need more info on, in the thread, gives you at least a dozen of questions like "what kind of incest is there", to which half are never answered.

Greiya Archives

first rate degenerate
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
... the tags are literally lifted from the genre, there's a template for it. You can include things in the genre that aren't tags and they won't be converted to tags, but the "genre" section is mostly for specifying tags.

for example, if I list in the genre:
3DCG, Humiliation, Strategy, Cuckquean

the three first ones I listed automatically become tags, the 4th one doesn't, cause it's not a tag.

I think tags will become markable as "avoidable" when the tag system is updated and new tags are added

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
... the tags are literally lifted from the genre, there's a template for it. You can include things in the genre that aren't tags and they won't be converted to tags, but the "genre" section is mostly for specifying tags.

for example, if I list in the genre:
3DCG, Humiliation, Strategy, Cuckquean

the three first ones I listed automatically become tags, the 4th one doesn't, cause it's not a tag.

I think tags will become markable as "avoidable" when the tag system is updated and new tags are added
I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am perfectly fine with tags the way they are. I understand that changing them would require too much effort and not much pay off. But, Genre Spoiler section should give more comprehensive info on the game instead of a simple reiteration of said tags. For example:

Primary Tags:
Whatever is considered the "bread and butter" of the game. Things like - Slice of life, Drama, Adventure and others should in here. Central sexual themes as well. From your example cuckqueen should here if it is a major part of the story.

Secondary Tags:
Tags that have some presence in the game but are not game defining. Things like voyeurism or exhibitionism or anything else that fits the description. If cuckqueen is just a quirk of a secondary character then it should be here.

Avoidable Tags:
Everything that is optional in game should be listed here. If cuckqueen character is entirely optional then it should be here.

But let's be honest most ppl are concerned with big/contentious tags, like Harem, Incest, NTR, Sharing etc. For most ppl information on those would be enough

Last edited:
Reactions: BoycottedGuy

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
What about those game that have walkthrough and/or mods? They don't have useful Genre Spoiler section either.
Yes, they don't have it... because modders and walkthrough authors have other things to do than writing them.

I starts to be tired with all the, "people should do [this] more often/better, because I don't like it when it's not done", that spawn recently.
You want the "genre spoiler" to be more accurate ? Get your fingers out of your ass and do it yourself ! Then, perhaps that it will show others that it's possible and you'll starts some vocations.

But no, instead of the, "it's a great idea, I'll start right now, I already know a thread or two that I can help improve", that you should have answered to Pretentious Goblin comment, you preferred to point out how easy you assume it to be...
Well, if it's just to complain, expecting that others will do it for you, just STFU !

Dev Notes have more info than Genre Spoiler.
Then why the fucking fuck are you even complaining ? Just because the information aren't at the place where you want them to be ?

Grumpy me ? Who dared to say that I'm grumpy ?