Genres we dislike the most

dolantin

Jun 6, 2017
Guys let's write the genres we dislike the most.

I was thinking of making a survey form but I couldn't

mine are :

-monster , furry , tenclate etc.
-gay , sisy , trans
-rape

Last edited:
Reactions: Losersriot

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Its not going to be very useful for devs. Some of the most disliked genres like ntr can also be giant cash cows. People with more extreme fetishes will be more willing to spend money because there arent other mediums that cater to them. It mostly comes down to what the dev himself is interested in. Devs that just insert fetishes that they dont like or understand into their game will have a hard time capturing what people actually like about them.

For the sake of it il add. Gay, futa, ntr, sissy , female protagonist, sandbox, female domination in most cases, milfs ( because usually they have freakish body proportions and it means that the mc will be a creepy manlet)

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't think listing genres you dislike is helpful. Some people dislike stuff to an irrational level and turn threads into toxic ****.

So, instead of genres, I'm going to list things I generally dislike about games.

- Games that are empty sandboxes. Clicking around in the void is very boring.
- Games that are too grindy / complicated to play. Boring / frustrating.
- Games that have too many LI's. Makes them shallow and uninteresting.
- Random filler scenes with 1-off characters. Pointless filler.

I've dropped games for the first 3 reasons. The 4th is just...pointless and makes me think the developer is just winging it.

Jul 10, 2022
A lot of folks call it the "Weak Male Protagonist". I don't call it that.

I am not counting at the start of the story either. I understand that the "Hero's journey" is a popular story arc, and you can start with a relatively weak guy and have a story where he gets himself built up to eventually to become heroic and strong and a bad ass. Those stories can be great. They are some of my favorites. He built some character along the way.

I call it something else... I call it the "Zero's Journey". They start off a loser. They continue to be a loser. They are a loser the entire game. They frequently get cucked. They never amount to a damn thing. Often times they are even a bigger loser than at the start of the game.

My problem with these stories is I play the first update or two. I think. "Oh, this a Hero's Journey!" Then they never turn it around. The protagonist is born in the gutter and dies in the gutter.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Sandboxes for adult Novellas/Games.

99% time it's to do as little effort possible for milking the most rewards from the their fans/patrons/supporters.

Now don't get me wrong, there is that 1% that does it right, but beyond that no. Now I like Sandboxes on actual real games, but when it comes this genre.

It's just used to pad shit out as long as they possibly can with little to no effort to garner biggest potential rewards.