• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S-Play tester] [S>Proofreader] [S>Translator] [S>Writer] German/English proofreading/translating/writing/testing

ControlTheBeast

Jun 5, 2018
Skills:
- I am very good at catching grammar and spelling mistakes (even if I don't want it)
- I have 4+ years of experience writing and reading both adult and non-adult fiction, screenplays, and novels in both English and German
- I studied English grammar and language for 15 years, fluent in speech(would need some training though) and word, born German (mother tongue)
- I have 10+ years of experience playing most types of video games (preferring visual novels, not too complex and straightforward games) in both English and German
- I have 4+ years of experience in producing EDM and game soundtracks. I can compose, mix, master, and critique almost anything in that general direction.

- I am currently studying Computer Science bilingually and have experience in developing and coding desktop applications with Python and Java, server and web applications with PHP, Javascript, and Python, and have worked with many more languages.

Employment Type & Rates (Please note the blacklist in "Additional comments"):

- Proofreading:

Up to 1000 words free of charge/year (delivery time: two days),
after that 0,005€ p. Word, maximum amount: 100 000 words (delivery time: around five to eight weeks).

Individual prices if you want me to read and correct faster, up to 0,015€ p. word and up to 20 000 max. words, depending on the time you anticipate and the size of your project.

- Translating:

Up to 100 words free of charge/year (delivery time: two days),
after that 0,04€ p. word (maximum amount: 10 000 words).

If I like your project, I might do it at a lower price, just hit me up on that.

The same applies as above, if you want me to do it faster, we can fix a deal. Comics and Mangas (also R-rated) come with 40 words free of charge and standard 0,05€ p. word (no in-place text replacement).

NOTE: I only do non-professional, non-academic German->English translations and proofreading. I do not own a professional translation or proofreading degree and my official English level is C1. However, I will English->German anything you will give me, and I'm very confident with academic texts (no structure checking) and professional/business texts.

- Writing:

Depends on the project, I'll only do what I like, no hardcore fetishes (see list down below), and little to no amounts of graphical violence. I do not think of myself as that good a writer and most of the time, it's really hard for me to find creativity. Therefore, please only hit me up on shorter scenes and stories. Read some examples down below, and compare them to your standards.

- Playtesting:

I really enjoy playing good written visual novels and adventure games. Most of the games I prefer to play are simple, with no complex puzzles or mysteries to solve, therefore, if your game complies with this, you already have your next fan right here. I charge very little on playtesting, but for longer games, we will have to seal a deal first. I promise to try and be very thorough.

- Music production:
If you want me to make a game soundtrack or really anything, please talk with me first and listen to my samples. I will not feel responsible if you don't like my style or are turned off by small details in the track. I will do my best and I want to be judged by it, nothing more, nothing less.

NOTE: I AM NOT A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCER/SOUND ENGINEER AND I MAY SHARE THE MUSIC THAT I PRODUCE (FULLY OWN) FOR YOU ON MY SOUNDCLOUD (except stated otherwise). I DON'T DO VOCALS (FOR MULTIPLE REASONS)!!!

Availability:
- I'm currently busy with studying and a part-time job. My time is best spent in the few free minutes I have in between, therefore I can't really process many requests at once, rather one at a time. Just text me, and we can work something out. (I am most productive without a deadline, but I will fulfill jobs in the timespans mentioned above.)

Work Samples:
- (German sample chapter)
- (English sample text)
- I will sample you a file/page on request, so you can check whether I comply with your standards before spending money.
(List will extend as soon as I find more documents or participate in games)

Additional comments:
- I am always available for productive criticism.

- Texts/art/anything you send to me will not change the copyright, I won't steal anything from you and everything we share is confidential and can not be used against you. If I like it, I might keep it for private purposes (I like to look at it), but I will not publicize anything without your permission.

- I enjoy story-rich, humor-filled visual novels and straightforward games that don't require a lot of solving or thinking. If your game has puzzles and mysteries, consider sending me solutions or tutorials.

I will not playtest/read/translate games/texts/comics that include any of the following genres (yellow: we can talk, red: we can't talk):
Gore, Excessive rape, trauma, mental destruction, amputations, prolapse, excessive NTR, Hyper Genitalia, Guro, Large insertions (especially where they shouldn't go, nose, ears, urethra, you feel me), dickgirl/futanari, excessive bondage, humiliation, insect, scat, monsters, excessive muscle growth, excessive BBW, Yaoi, excessive sexual violence.
This list is incomplete and I won't hesitate to extend it. I like and enjoy my sanity.
Please read the differently colored words as such: If your game contains bondage, we can talk. If your game consists only of bondage or bondage is a huge part of it, I will most likely dismiss your request.

You may and should share anything relevant about your project with me (if necessary), discuss results you are not happy with and feel free to rate me.

Note that none of your requests to me are legally binding until you pay me money.
I may dismiss requests that I have not received money for yet, for personal or private reasons, that may not be mentioned to you.
Everything I offer is on an amateur basis and I do not own any legally binding certificates/degrees.
I retain the right to dismiss any request for any reason, and I may not disclose this reason to you.

Last edited: