Daz Getting a wet look to female genitalia

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
Is there a way to make specific skin surface parts(eg:-torso area just around the vagina) of female genitalia(Golden places or NGFV) wet and glossy

Reactions: CallMeLuna

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Making an entire surface area wet-looking isn't hard - select the character, go to the "surfaces" tab, find the surface in question and alter the "glossy" settings. But that's going to apply to the entire surface, which is probably not going to give you the effect you want.

Related discussion here: https://f95zone.to/threads/grool.59022/post-3989711

That being said, the "wet" products may or may not work with the third-party genitalia - I've never tried them. But it should definitely be possible to apply a geoshell, make it transparent everywhere you don't what the "wet" look, and then use gloss maps or gloss shader settings to create the effect just where you want it. This would obviously require some understanding of how to manipulate the surface settings, and would probably require creating a custom map or two.

Reactions: gkdanuka

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
Making an entire surface area wet-looking isn't hard - select the character, go to the "surfaces" tab, find the surface in question and alter the "glossy" settings. But that's going to apply to the entire surface, which is probably not going to give you the effect you want.

Related discussion here: https://f95zone.to/threads/grool.59022/post-3989711

That being said, the "wet" products may or may not work with the third-party genitalia - I've never tried them. But it should definitely be possible to apply a geoshell, make it transparent everywhere you don't what the "wet" look, and then use gloss maps or gloss shader settings to create the effect just where you want it. This would obviously require some understanding of how to manipulate the surface settings, and would probably require creating a custom map or two.
Thank you:cool: (y). Guess I have to learn more about creating custom maps

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] alter the "glossy" settings. But that's going to apply to the entire surface, [...]
Not necessarily.

Almost all values can be a "normal map"-like one ; the darker is the point, the stronger will be the applied effect. So it's perfectly possible to define precisely the place were the effect will apply.

Really quick examples with the default G8 texture :

Glossy Layered Weight as "normal map" :
test.jpg
Glossy Roughness as "normal map" :
test.jpg
Original Genesis 8 Glossy Layered Weight map + Glossy Roughness as "normal map" :
test.jpg

If the model don't already have a glossy Layered Weight map, using the bump map or normal map should be a good starting point.

Reactions: gkdanuka and Rich

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Not necessarily.

Almost all values can be a "normal map"-like one ; the darker is the point, the stronger will be the applied effect. So it's perfectly possible to define precisely the place were the effect will apply.
Of course, but that's what I meant when I said "would probably require creating a custom map or two." If all you do is change the basic "glossy strength" setting, that applies equally across the surface unless there's a map attached to that channel.

But you're correct that you might very well be able to reuse a pre-existing map.

Reactions: gkdanuka

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
Not necessarily.

Really quick examples with the default G8 texture :

Glossy Layered Weight as "normal map" :
View attachment 772331
Glossy Roughness as "normal map" :
View attachment 772350
Original Genesis 8 Glossy Layered Weight map + Glossy Roughness as "normal map" :
View attachment 772353

If the model don't already have a glossy Layered Weight map, using the bump map or normal map should be a good starting point.
Of course, but that's what I meant when I said "would probably require creating a custom map or two." If all you do is change the basic "glossy strength" setting, that applies equally across the surface unless there's a map attached to that channel.

But you're correct that you might very well be able to reuse a pre-existing map.
These ideas have been very helpful. I achieve desired effect I was hoping for. Thank you for taking your time to help me:)(y)

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
These ideas have been very helpful. I achieve desired effect I was hoping for. Thank you for taking your time to help me:)(y)
Awesome! You're welcome. We look forward to seeing what you produce.