Getting constant antivirus warnings from this forum.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
For the last day or two, every time I open a new page in this forum, Bitdefender warns me that it's blocking yet another suspicious connection, always from qqjar.ru. That's worrying to me. Anyone else getting that, and does anyone have an explanation?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That's worrying to me.
Good thing, you should be worried when you're online. This even if, in the same time, you can feel relatively safe since you've the proof that your antivirus works correctly to protect you.

Anyone else getting that, and does anyone have an explanation?
Ads side effect. The advertising service used by F95z call a page located on a domain that use a fraudulent certificate for its HTTPS connections.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Ads side effect. The advertising service used by F95z call a page located on a domain that use a fraudulent certificate for its HTTPS connections.
Yeah, but this only started a few days back, while I've been visiting this site for a couple years now. The only thing that happened relevant to this topic on my end is that I renewed the subscription for my Bitdefender, which shouldn't have made any difference to its operation. Has anything changed on this end?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, but this only started a few days back, while I've been visiting this site for a couple years now.
And so ? Haven't you noticed that you don't see the same ad every time you refresh the forum, and that the ads you see today are not the ones you used to see last year ?

Advertisement services are near to, if not the, first method used nowadays to spread malwares and viruses. It doesn't matter if only one hour pass before they are removed by the said service, due to the malicious behavior, the time the ad was in the advertisement pool is generally enough to caught some preys.
Like I said, congratulation, your antivirus is doing is job.

The only thing that happened relevant to this topic on my end is [...]
And as I said, the problem do not come from your end. I answered your question, and the answer I gave you is the exact reason why your antivirus warn you, with reason, about a suspicious behavior.