Getting High Detail (Very Important for Close Ups/Macro Shots) Models for Unreal or Unity?

Sayju

Mar 9, 2021
Hey! I'm quite experienced with DAZ and made some Renders there. I've tried with exporting DAZ Models to UE, but the models are not optimized and you have to put a lot of effort into converting everything.

Is there a way to just buy a pre made 18+ Model for UE? (Like HD+/Rigged/Collision/etc.)

Where are other Devs getting their models from?

Eel Soup Enjoyer

Sep 2, 2022
Hey! I'm quite experienced with DAZ and made some Renders there. I've tried with exporting DAZ Models to UE, but the models are not optimized and you have to put a lot of effort into converting everything.

Is there a way to just buy a pre made 18+ Model for UE? (Like HD+/Rigged/Collision/etc.)

Where are other Devs getting their models from?
You can pay me to make you one lol.

- But to answer your question, I make all the art for my game, myself so...
I have to draw the line at 'realism' somewhere... Because it costs time and time costs money.

I mean, you could always just go along to... rigmodels.com and there's a basemesh... or Makehuman... and there's a fairly moderate basemesh... Then you take that and edit it your 3d modelling package of choice.. This obviously requires the modelling/texture/anatomy knowledge though

Sayju

Mar 9, 2021
You can pay me to make you one lol.

- But to answer your question, I make all the art for my game, myself so...
I have to draw the line at 'realism' somewhere... Because it costs time and time costs money.

I mean, you could always just go along to... rigmodels.com and there's a basemesh... or Makehuman... and there's a fairly moderate basemesh... Then you take that and edit it your 3d modelling package of choice.. This obviously requires the modelling/texture/anatomy knowledge though
Do you have a Portfolio of some kind? Its really important for me to have good details close up. I don't care if its stylized somewhat.

Eel Soup Enjoyer

Sep 2, 2022
I do have a portfolio, on a freelancing site and work examples. but I don't really want to link those here...
You are free to add me via discord:
Stilton #4224

I might not have enough relevant examples though, because whilst i said that half-jokingly (because it'll always be cheaper to buy something that's already available than to commission a person to make you something new). If you are looking strictly for examples of genitalia close up shots, i'm afraid that's not really something i have - sorry.

At this point, i'd argue 3d modelling 'realism' is like being a draftsman in real life... You know, someone who knocks up building plans... It's fairly well documented process. There's a structure you must adhere to, etc. None of it is 'black magic' -- if you have good reference material and are willing to invest the time, its quite easy to produce whatever you want.

But even the best models will look bad presented with off lighting. Presenting the models with good lighting / animations / sound mixing is as important to maintain the illusion, imo...

Sayju

Mar 9, 2021
I do have a portfolio, on a freelancing site and work examples. but I don't really want to link those here...
You are free to add me via discord:
Stilton #4224

I might not have enough relevant examples though, because whilst i said that half-jokingly (because it'll always be cheaper to buy something that's already available than to commission a person to make you something new). If you are looking strictly for examples of genitalia close up shots, i'm afraid that's not really something i have - sorry.

At this point, i'd argue 3d modelling 'realism' is like being a draftsman in real life... You know, someone who knocks up building plans... It's fairly well documented process. There's a structure you must adhere to, etc. None of it is 'black magic' -- if you have good reference material and are willing to invest the time, its quite easy to produce whatever you want.

But even the best models will look bad presented with off lighting. Presenting the models with good lighting / animations / sound mixing is as important to maintain the illusion, imo...
Thats why I was asking to buy a premade first :p.

Can't be that I'm the only one wanting to have High Details close up, haha.

If you take DAZ Models for example, they look good from some distance, but if you go close enough the details get lost, and you would have to put in some effort to make better textures and whatever...

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
DAZ is still your best bet I think. I highly doubt Unity or Unreal has a lot (if any) full adult models, especially detailed ones. While both engines can be used for adult content, there assets aren't. Maybe on some sketchy russian model site you might be able to find a model or two, but I wouldnt get my hopes ups.

If i were you I would look into those HD morphs for DAZ. Try to export a normal and an HD versiont of a model into a 3D-modelling program (like Blender since its free) and bake the HD morphs into a normal map. The HD morpghs add a shit ton of detail for close-ups. No idea how you would exactly do this, but I think thats your best bet.

Or if your loaded paying somebody to make a model for you, but that won't be cheap.

Edit: I should add that DAZ require a secondary license for a model to be used as an actual 3D-model in a game-engine. You could just pirate them and hope nobody finds out, but I think you are a lot more at risk getting caught than using pirated models for renders.