Getting Started with Daz3D

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Decided to try my hand at designing with Daz3D with a view to possibly creating a game in the future and I have installed the software and gone through the in-built tutorial so I've got a basic understanding about how to set some things up. However, as you can imagine, I'm still a complete neophyte when it comes to this but I consider myself a fast, practical learner and just need a few pointers to get me going in the right direction. As such, I was hoping to get some answers to the following questions:
  1. Where is the best place to get more in-depth tutorials on character and background development?
    • If the answer is YouTube, who has good/the best tutorials?
  2. Should I pretty much just download all the assets in the section?
  3. Where else might I be able to find assets for free?
  4. What are the differences between Gen 3 and Gen 8 and which is better?
  5. Any other useful advice that experienced designers can give to a noob?

Reactions: wrx21

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Decided to try my hand at designing with Daz3D with a view to possibly creating a game in the future and I have installed the software and gone through the in-built tutorial so I've got a basic understanding about how to set some things up. However, as you can imagine, I'm still a complete neophyte when it comes to this but I consider myself a fast, practical learner and just need a few pointers to get me going in the right direction. As such, I was hoping to get some answers to the following questions:
  1. Where is the best place to get more in-depth tutorials on character and background development?
    • If the answer is YouTube, who has good/the best tutorials?
  2. Should I pretty much just download all the assets in the section?
  3. Where else might I be able to find assets for free?
  4. What are the differences between Gen 3 and Gen 8 and which is better?
  5. Any other useful advice that experienced designers can give to a noob?
First, I recommend you searching this site for similar threads/posts. Here's just a few I found with a quick :