Getting weird download errors

Magikyl

Apr 18, 2021
So I haven't had this issue until recently. About 50% of the time when I try to download a file I find on this site, usually a game or some videos, It gets almost all the way done and then stops and gives me some sort of "timeout" error. I figured it was just the hosting site but downloading from another source makes no difference. I realize this may not actually be related to this site or anything on it, but hoping maybe theres someone here who has ran into this issue.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
So I haven't had this issue until recently. About 50% of the time when I try to download a file I find on this site, usually a game or some videos, It gets almost all the way done and then stops and gives me some sort of "timeout" error. I figured it was just the hosting site but downloading from another source makes no difference. I realize this may not actually be related to this site or anything on it, but hoping maybe theres someone here who has ran into this issue.
Probably some issue with your ISP or the part of the world where you live (a saturated mandatory backbone or something like that).
Use a download manager, like by example, it should solve the issue. The connection will not be better, the timeout will still happen, but the manager should be able to resume the download from the last received point, what a browser don't do.

Reactions: Magikyl

Magikyl

Apr 18, 2021
Probably some issue with your ISP or the part of the world where you live (a saturated mandatory backbone or something like that).
Use a download manager, like by example, it should solve the issue. The connection will not be better, the timeout will still happen, but the manager should be able to resume the download from the last received point, what a browser don't do.
Thank you for the help. I actually am using IDM atm and it has a resume functionality. Doesnt seem to work on the ones Im getting the error on though