VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ghost in the Sheets [Ch. 1] [Deus Ex Vagina]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
deusexvagina
You get cheap AMD system under 400 bucks Just get strong on board cpu chip video if money no object after virus is done. And Get ssd drive this time and backup. I still have MMX 300 series 525GB and 2TB as backup so far no issues after all these years. and build new system for 260 bucks and I can upgraded new cpu chip down the road when I have extra money. I'm on SSI so I have watch what I spend. I have old xfx r9 390x treated me well and so my enermeax 920 watt 85 plus sliver power supply pushing 10 years strong :p. its not bad rebuild system with same case from 2013 HAF 12 case from cosair been using it. Since it fits large graphics card lol. Has 6 fans for it too. Anyway You can get nice cpu ram and on board motherboard for 260 bucks total threw amazon

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
deusexvagina
You get cheap AMD system under 400 bucks Just get strong on board cpu chip video if money no object after virus is done. And Get ssd drive this time and backup. I still have MMX 300 series 525GB and 2TB as backup so far no issues after all these years. and build new system for 260 bucks and I can upgraded new cpu chip down the road when I have extra money. I'm on SSI so I have watch what I spend. I have old xfx r9 390x treated me well and so my enermeax 920 watt 85 plus sliver power supply pushing 10 years strong :p. its not bad rebuild system with same case from 2013 HAF 12 case from cosair been using it. Since it fits large graphics card lol. Has 6 fans for it too. Anyway You can get nice cpu ram and on board motherboard for 260 bucks total threw amazon
The problem is that to use DAZ Studio anywhere close to efficient you need NVidea GPU, I had an RTX 2070 before and that was barely just cutting it to where I could keep up with the renders and story.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
The problem is that to use DAZ Studio anywhere close to efficient you need NVidea GPU, I had an RTX 2070 before and that was barely just cutting it to where I could keep up with the renders and story.
I was thinking of getting an RTX 2070 soon as I have a 1070 and daz renders takes so long. I guess I wont be getting a RTX 2070 if its that bad.

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
I was thinking of getting an RTX 2070 soon as I have a 1070 and daz renders takes so long. I guess I wont be getting a RTX 2070 if its that bad.
It's actually quite good, but even the new RTX 3080 when it comes out will still take a long time to render images. It took me around five minutes to get an acceptable render with the 2070 when I was making the game, but that still takes a long time and rendering animations quickly becomes a time sink.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
It's actually quite good, but even the new RTX 3080 when it comes out will still take a long time to render images. It took me around five minutes to get an acceptable render with the 2070 when I was making the game, but that still takes a long time and rendering animations quickly becomes a time sink.
Can you show me the settings you have when rendering scenes, and also im not getting the 2070 now but a 2080 super instead

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
The 2080 is certainly better, I hope that by the time the 3080s come out I'll have enough money to afford one.

As for my settings:
I found that I can render in 4k resolution and by the time it hits 200-300 samples it looks good enough when scaled back down to 1080p. I try to get away without denoising because it blurs the image so much that you might as well use SFM for similar quality. But that only works in good lighting conditions, in the dark it takes much higher samples.

You can save some time by reducing the maximum number of light bounces in the render settings, that reduces shadows a little but overall it's easy to miss and saves quite a bit of time.

Reactions: GrimCreeper3

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
The 2080 is certainly better, I hope that by the time the 3080s come out I'll have enough money to afford one.

As for my settings:
I found that I can render in 4k resolution and by the time it hits 200-300 samples it looks good enough when scaled back down to 1080p. I try to get away without denoising because it blurs the image so much that you might as well use SFM for similar quality. But that only works in good lighting conditions, in the dark it takes much higher samples.

You can save some time by reducing the maximum number of light bounces in the render settings, that reduces shadows a little but overall it's easy to miss and saves quite a bit of time.
What do I turn down for the light bounces

deusexvagina

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
What do I turn down for the light bounces
I'm not near a computer right now but in the render settings there is something under the "performance" tab or something like that that says "maximum light bounces" which is set to -1 (unlimited) by default, set that to soemthing between 5 and 8 (if I recall correctly) for a good quality / performance balance.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I am going through my watch list now that it is easier to find, and ran across this game. I remember this is one of the few Cyberpunk games that caught my attention. It is sad that it was never finished.

Atourq

Nov 21, 2017
I am going through my watch list now that it is easier to find, and ran across this game. I remember this is one of the few Cyberpunk games that caught my attention. It is sad that it was never finished.
How do you go through your watch list? I've been trying to find it for forever now :(

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
How do you go through your watch list? I've been trying to find it for forever now :(
The have recently put a link to your watch list on the forum front page. Go here, and look up where the New posts, trending, links are. 1709340349849.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote