4.90 star(s) 27 Votes

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
New update and it's no joke!! Apparently they only update two but there could be more since I don't see the complete publication. greetings!!

Giant Guardians version 0.3.53

- Main route extended: Croixelle (Sponsored by elfgirls4life)

- Main route extended: Madea (Sponsored by Panther)
One S tier girl (Madea) and one B tier girl (Croixelle)

Not a bad update

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GLMK2021

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Finally you guys are getting it! This game is lackluster, The characters are bland, the updates keep getting smaller and smaller, so many Typos the Webster definition can’t fill it all, and there’s too many characters!! Hopefully they cancel this game before it turns out even uglier than it is! But we know they’re just squeezing out updates so they can’t work regular jobs… can’t wait to see how this game crashes and burns! :cool:
Yes. Like i said, it doesnt mean that GG is doomed. Also nezumicon has patreon and sponsored updates too, lol.
Neither of those are what I said. I just said Patreon model of "monthly support" incentivizes milking/prolonging a game's development. I realized after backing for over a couple years (basically from when A-I-K announced it on his dA until a couple years back when I dropped the sub) that this was going to be a multi-year thing with no end in sight.

So kind of the opposite of whatever you two are thinking I said. A few whales, and then two characters that are most popular from whichever ones in his shortlist of to work on next as feedback. I'm not shitting on the game, just saying "it is what it is."

Not doomposting, but given how people tend to have "sunken cost" mentality with these kinds of projects, and are too nice to cut off a dev of $10 or whatever (or just forget theyre subbed in the first place as a lot of retarded rich westerners are with subscriptions for some reason... ive seen patreons pulling hundreds with two years with no updates, patreon doesn't care, they get their cut either way).

But in general, if people who are subbing, especially the people who sponsor characters don't bitch, expect more lackluster/disappointing updates, and I'm not chucking $10 to bitch and probably get blocked/shouted down by shills when I can use that $10 to back 1-3 devs that give a shit.

(I already got pranked by Cheat Engine at like 2AM today so I've already got the "wtf?....oh right" out of my system)

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
Neither of those are what I said. I just said Patreon model of "monthly support" incentivizes milking/prolonging a game's development. I realized after backing for over a couple years (basically from when A-I-K announced it on his dA until a couple years back when I dropped the sub) that this was going to be a multi-year thing with no end in sight.

So kind of the opposite of whatever you two are thinking I said. A few whales, and then two characters that are most popular from whichever ones in his shortlist of to work on next as feedback. I'm not shitting on the game, just saying "it is what it is."

Not doomposting, but given how people tend to have "sunken cost" mentality with these kinds of projects, and are too nice to cut off a dev of $10 or whatever (or just forget theyre subbed in the first place as a lot of retarded rich westerners are with subscriptions for some reason... ive seen patreons pulling hundreds with two years with no updates, patreon doesn't care, they get their cut either way).

But in general, if people who are subbing, especially the people who sponsor characters don't bitch, expect more lackluster/disappointing updates, and I'm not chucking $10 to bitch and probably get blocked/shouted down by shills when I can use that $10 to back 1-3 devs that give a shit.

(I already got pranked by Cheat Engine at like 2AM today so I've already got the "wtf?....oh right" out of my system)
You make really good points ngl.

Florrr

Aug 2, 2021
Damn, ppl complained enough for f95 to modify the message to include that it's an april fools. Can't believe others didn't check around and realize it's a joke :LOL:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020

I didn't try to accuse you or anything. You just said
But there's too much cash. Doing another game for fun on the side doesn't mean he's pushing aside a project he's been working on for years.
And I said that it's not his side project for fun, but another game to make money from. It even has the same monetization scheme. That's what I was trying to get across.

BlackWaltersFedora

Aug 18, 2023

Honestly, im always glad to see people say stuff like this and 100% agree. On a sidenote its so disappointing to know this game, and many others will probably end up incomplete, and just be dropped at some point with no real conclusion(and the update quality steadily dropping...). Unfortunate.

Reactions: Noobmonster

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Honestly, im always glad to see people say stuff like this and 100% agree. On a sidenote its so disappointing to know this game, and many others will probably end up incomplete, and just be dropped at some point with no real conclusion(and the update quality steadily dropping...). Unfortunate.
That is why you should never develop any sort of fondness to these games. Just enjoy what you already got without hoping and waiting for it to be complete one day. Thousands of games met such fate, and thousands will do as we go on.

ff1919

May 30, 2020
I am a $2 resident, have a hero to share 0.53? One of my favorite characters has been updated.
    /゙ミヽ、,,___,,/゙ヽ
    i ノ   川  `ヽ
    / ` O  . O i、
   彡,   ミ(_,人_)彡ミ
∩,  / ヽ、,      ノ
丶ニ|    ````````´ ノ
  ∪⌒∪ ̄ ̄ ̄∪

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
I am a $2 resident, have a hero to share 0.53? One of my favorite characters has been updated.
    /゙ミヽ、,,___,,/゙ヽ
    i ノ   川  `ヽ
    / ` O  . O i、
   彡,   ミ(_,人_)彡ミ
∩,  / ヽ、,      ノ
丶ニ|    ````````´ ノ
  ∪⌒∪ ̄ ̄ ̄∪
What do you even get for this tier?

4.90 star(s) 27 Votes