4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
The last dream shown in an update raises questions. According to Nyxmay herself, that fragment representing a fairy being hurt was shown unintentionally, meaning that it probably wasn't modified by her in any way. A pure, unfiltered traumatizing experience. But more I hear it, more uncanny it becomes for me. For example, under what circumstances did she hear the line: "stop, it hurts"? How could she allow someone to do something that will hurt a fairy? If she witnessed that, why didn't she try to stop them until it was too late? This doesn't make any sense. What does make sense thoguh... Is if she was the one, who caused her loyal subject to cry in pain. Sounds logical for me, yet breaks the character to pieces. Maybe I just misunderstood that scene, but if Nyxmay herself was actually the reason of her transformation, that would be the worst twist in the game, making her the least motivated villain and produly putting her in a Kendra's place of being the most meh character in the game.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chivalry/Honor

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Did she actually mention the word altruism in your route? In mine she admonished me for playing the hero (big Kendra vibes) and said something about wanting to show that my "little resolution" was doomed to crumble.
Maybe when Yakuu was young, she was playing the hero too. But then got her ideals crushed by something. Which might have been the reason for her traveling to Homaspernia and becoming a guardian here.
But that's just a theory, a game theory.
She also saved Pyeka seemingly for no real reason, which is not something an evil villain would do. :unsure:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
It's still within Timfalme's territory, just not the city itself. The city dwellers still need to eat after all.
Yes, I get it, but still. When with Maryen, you usually touch problems related to Keisiema and herself. Being with Regina will lead you to dealing with war between Viridice and Lycalis. As Croixelle's asspain, you will be related to Timfalme's problems. But when talking about Margarita, there is only her and MC, so I can't say that she can be added to a Timfalme group of paths.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Did she actually mention the word altruism in your route? In mine she admonished me for playing the hero (big Kendra vibes) and said something about wanting to show that my "little resolution" was doomed to crumble.
No, altruism is Nyxmay's thing I think. Yakuu was annoyed that despite being humiliated by her, you still stand your ground and not turn into an animal.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
This is just all updates though, right? Not developer updates specifically, which is what I'm really interested in, especially for Pyeka and Bezvallienne- they got a lot of sponsors (especially Bev, that one guy dropped over half a grand before taking away his penis's bank account privileges.)
Last time each route was updated, yes.

They stopped guest character updates to focus on the main girls a while ago, so now all updates are developer updates. The end of the month releases are simply sponsored by the patreons, so they chose which waifu gets a new scene.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
Yes, I get it, but still. When with Maryen, you usually touch problems related to Keisiema and herself. Being with Regina will lead you to dealing with war between Viridice and Lycalis. As Croixelle's asspain, you will be related to Timfalme's problems. But when talking about Margarita, there is only her and MC, so I can't say that she can be added to a Timfalme group of paths.
You get involved with those huge issues because you are staying either a Guardian or with royalty. But since Margarita is a simple civilian, her route has different challenges/issues. Mundane ones.

You could say the same with others girls: Bezvallienne, Vai'klis, Nyxmay... Their routes are more personal and less geopolitically important than those of the Guardians and Timfalme's royalty.

Reactions: Gojii

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
You get involved with those huge issues because you are staying either a Guardian or with royalty. But since Margarita is a simple civilian, her route has different challenges/issues. Mundane ones.

You could say the same with others girls: Bezvallienne, Vai'klis, Nyxmay... Their routes are more personal and less geopolitically important than those of the Guardians and Timfalme's royalty.
Yeah, you're right.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
"I love torturing and killing people because it feels good. Some sad things may have happened to me in the past. Look how deep and complex I am!" - Nyxmay, summarized.
Well, that's a basic trope for an anti-villain. Her backstory is not made to justify her actions though, but to reveal what lead to her being one. Justification is something what players usually do. The only character I remember being justified by the author is Naya. In any case, I don't see any problems with having an anti-villain. We have a little bit of everything anyways: true heroes, like Eliette, anti-heroes like Naya, anti-villains like Kendra or Nyxmay and straight up villains like Yakuu.
To clarify, anti-villain is a complicated term that is often used to describe a character that may have heroic goals or traits, but is ultimately the villain. Nyxmay's specific subtrope is a "Good girl gone bad".

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii

Chumgum

Aug 28, 2022
Well, that's a basic trope for an anti-villain. Her backstory is not made to justify her actions though, but to reveal what lead to her being one. Justification is something what players usually do. The only character I remember being justified by the author is Naya. In any case, I don't see any problems with having an anti-villain. We have a little bit of everything anyways: true heroes, like Eliette, anti-heroes like Naya, anti-villains like Kendra or Nyxmay and straight up villains like Yakuu.
To clarify, anti-villain is a complicated term that is often used to describe a character that may have heroic goals or traits, but is ultimately the villain. Nyxmay's specific subtrope is a "Good girl gone bad".
According to google's first result " An anti-villain is a villain whose goals or ends are generally benevolent, but their means of getting there are evil. They don't care about what they have to do to enact their master plan."

What exactly is Kendra's or Nyxmay's "benevolent goal"?

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
According to google's first result " An anti-villain is a villain whose goals or ends are generally benevolent, but their means of getting there are evil. They don't care about what they have to do to enact their master plan."

Kendra is a hero to Homaspernia technically, though that could very well just mean she killed a bunch of innocent people from Keisema while doing jumping jacks or something.
One thing that's been brought up a couple times on the Homaspernia routes is that they believe that Keisema is a kingdom of hypocrites due to the Purification Wars, which were an attempt to, in the latter's eyes send the undead on to their final rest, but in Homaspernia's eyes it was likely just a genocide.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020

First of all, there are tons of interpretations of this term. In case of Nyxmay I even specified her sub-trope to evade the confusion (but, apparently, still failed somehow). I suggest checking out a for more info. The first google result is not always the right one.

Second, looking at Kendra refusing to kill her dad don't tells fully, yet hints that there could've been a "benevolent goal". It wasn't just a maniacal murder, it had a reason. We simply don't know it yet. In fact, it's still a mystery how did she even became herself and what was her motivation to do this. From what's known right now I can confidently say that Kendra fits in an anti-villain trope (even though she's fat). She might have had "good" intentions from some point of view, whether it was her own or Homaspernia's, but all in all, she's a villain (that's called a btw, kind of ironic name if you ask me).

Last edited:

Creeperboy

Jul 29, 2022
First of all, there are tons of interpretations of this term. In case of Nyxmay I even specified her sub-trope to evade the confusion (but, apparently, still failed somehow). I suggest checking out a for more info. The first google result is not always the right one.
yeah the term is pretty much a grey zone. for example, if someone's ask "what is a anti-hero?", one can say "think of deadpool" and everyone will have a pretty clear idea of what a anti-hero is, but if asked about anti-villains then it becomes almost impossible to pin down an accurate definition, since it covers a lot of character types.

Second, looking at Kendra refusing to kill her dad don't tells fully, yet hints that there could've been a "benevolent goal". It wasn't just a maniacal murder, it had a reason. We simply don't know it yet. In fact, it's still a mystery how did she even became herself and what was her motivation to do this. From what's known right now I can confidently say that Kendra fits in an anti-villain trope (even though she's fat). She might have had "good" intentions from some point of view, whether it was her own or Homaspernia's, but all in all, she's a villain (that's called a btw, kind of ironic name if you ask me).
let's also remember that during the flashback in the mausoleum scene, during Maryen's route, Kendra straight out said that she wanted to bring her father and Maryen with her at Homaspernia thinking they would be happier there. hell, for all that we know right now, Kendra maybe didn't even want kill her mother, but had to do it for things to go according to the plan (i repeat just to be sure, FOR ALL THAT WE KNOW RIGHT NOW, i myself think that the probabilities are extremely low, but it's still a possibility). but we all know how it ended, she lost her father and couldn't bring Maryen to Homaspernia, making all she did for nothing and couldn't care less about the gratitude of the people from Homaspernia, proven by the unopened gifts left in the corner in her home. For all that Kendra cares she won the battle, but lost the war.

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes