Unity - Completed - Girl and ChainSaw [v1.10] [Mistilteinn]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Fidzius

Is it really a game if I can't go a minute without it being interrupted by 'story'?

I can't really play if I am not controlling it, dialogue and scenes are slow, there's lots of rooms with entrance and exit load times, tutorial that's horrible at being a tutorial and ends up an annoying, schizophrenic's story interval.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Joe Brass

I actually really enjoyed this game. I don't think the CG is all that amazing, but the gameplay and voice are mega plus. The story is a bit strange, but exploring the school and everything was really fun.
    I actually want more games like this!
  3. 3.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v1.10]
    Walk, press left mouse button.

-Story, Originality
    Funny little story.

-Renders
    Good quality pictures and animations for visual novel, not slasher.

-Sound
    Music and h-sounds. Nice.

-Playability
    Oof.
    It is too streched. There is content for 30-40 minutes game, but it takes 2-3 hours.

-Performance
    It works.

-Bugs
    Can get stuck in walls.
    Enemies and player can hit though walls.
    If you have max items, every other you pick up is disintegrated.

-Animations
    Pictures that move instead of 3D animations...
    :cautious:

-Voice Acting
    Everyone speack Japanese.

-Grammar
    Didn't see any mistakes.
    Cool that there is translation.

-Amount of content
    Good amount of content but the game is too long and you will have 2-4 h-scenes in gallery that are closed, because you missed some scenes or don't want to replay the final sequence.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

SonaraFox

Lets see here... an attack that feels clunky, minimap that doesn't line up properly, text that can't be skipped, there's just so many things about this game that just isn't fun as soon as you start playing. They give you a tutorial right out the gate which is normally fine but then immediately roll back the clock by what I would assume is probably 30 minutes where you then just play out the intro... only to be back where the tutorial started. I don't know why they just don't give you the quick tutorial then but regardless the game is pretty much left click because there's nothing else you can do.

The in game text being unskippable is probably the worst part about this game. You just spend an absurd amount of time doing nothing but listen to this girl ramble on about nothing instead of saying what needs to be said and being done with it. You could easily cut down so many of these scenes by simplying her thoughts into "I really need to find some food, at this rate I'll starve" instead of having her take ten times longer to be like "Boy, I sure am hungry. It's too bad I'm out of food. I should go looking for food. There's bound to be something to eat somewhere in this place. Surely I haven't eaten all the food here." It just constantly ruins the flow of the game, or at least what flow there is considering what's there is pretty bad.

The gameplay itself is just bland and repetitive and worst of all completely unnecessary. Fighting zombies is literally just mashing left click until they die, there's no depth to this game what so ever. There's a limit break thing that the game doesn't even teach you about until you notice it on the controls at the bottom of the screen but even then it takes forever to recharge and most importantly fighting anything is basically a waste of time. There isn't experience in this game and zombies don't drop items so... what's the point in fighting zombies again? They respawn the moment you enter another room so you can't even clear out an area to make it safe even for a moment since it's just going to revert back anyway.

This game might as well be a running simulator because it'll give you a general objective to shoot for but give no actual direction what so ever. Find food. Okay where? In the storage room we just confirmed there was no food? Somewhere else? Where the fuck do you go? The answer is running down the hall and looking at the minimap for the exclamation point to show that's the next place to go. Didn't find it? Turn around and run down the other hall. Still no? Go upstairs one floor and doing it again, and then the next floor, and then the next floor, you're bound to run into it eventually.

It's actually kind of insulting that they're charging money for this and even put in DRM to fight piracy when this game is such a huge waste of time. I played about 2 hours of this game and half of that was probably just listening to the main character talk to herself in unskippable scenes and the other half is just running aimlessly down the halls because there's no direction given to where the next objective is. Just find it. Its an absolute slog of an experience.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1017199

v0.0.1 at the time of this review.

Passable for a prototype.
    Sex zombies in a school, nothing special about that.
    Clearly inspired by lollipop chainsaw.
    Combat mechanic is clunky.
    The sole sex animation isn't that good. Would've been better if it was 3D graphics like the rest of the game.

Overall, best taken as a proof of concept.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

kaizoman

so i can only rate what i saw and that was me trying 2 times to get out of the classroom.

the first time i killed all zombies and nothing happened. tried every button at the doors, nothing happened (love when i gotta run my finger over the keyboard...)

2nd attempt, a basic leftclick combo got me stuck in a wall. thats the point where i uninstalled the game and wrote this review.

the artstyle looks nice and this is a 0.0.1 BUT again i can only rate what i saw and experienced and what i saw and experienced was a buggy mess.

on a sidenote: zombies can perma stunlock you if 2 (or more) get their attacks timed correctly and the settings menu seems buggy.
    esc doesnt pause the game.

still if this gets polished i think it could be decent