yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
Answer the knock

Again, there is no context for this action. The action just appears on the menu. You can completely miss this.

Another typo: images/characters/ballet/3501-1.jpg

should read: images/characters/pushkin/maya/3501-1.jpg

Maya enters your room, "Лана, do you have some free time?"
"Sure, what do you need, Maya? Some more practice?"
"I need to go somewhere, but I don't want to go alone," Maya says, avoiding the question, her eyes looking at the floor.
"Are you okay?" you ask, concerned about her. You briefly think you saw the pain in her eyes before she looked away, but you remain unsure.

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
As you finish, Biserka tells the class, "Tomorrow, you will wear the Ballet Blanc provided for the rehearsals. I will be assessing you on your attire and presentation before your actual assessment on Saturday. So please ensure you are ready and here at 0900 sharp."

I think Biserka means a ballet tutu. A ballet blanc is defined as a scene in which the ballerina and the female corps de ballet all wear white dresses or tutus. It literally means white ballet. Swan Lake is such a classical example.

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
Yet another typo:

images/locations/pushkin/ballet_school/events/reverance.jpg

should read:

images/locations/pushkin/ballet_school/events/reverence.jpg

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
And yet another:

You and Maya are given your assessment instructions. Finally, after your ten minutes, you both finish your Pas de Deux performance with a curtsy of reverence to your examiners. All the while, during movements, you've felt 's eyes still watching you.

HoodedSilence

That which passes is forgotten.
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
Yet another typo:

images/locations/pushkin/ballet_school/events/reverance.jpg

should read:

images/locations/pushkin/ballet_school/events/reverence.jpg

aye i am aware of the issues, o' ballet at least for images. looks like the wrong file was uploaded but it has been too much it will have to wait for the next release to fix.

the introductions to characters will happen when you arrive at the dorms, that is being written now just proved a headache as i am not really a coder on how best to approach this.

Last edited:

Derryth

Mar 23, 2019
Camshow removed from game? No option in laptop!
still there, just some areas you can not access it... Mum's apt, if Anya is in the room.. for one. You also need to "Look for Work" on a computer and find the registration for the Webcam site, first.

sufiking7812

May 12, 2017
I downloaded the all in one and installed correctly via the spoiler instructions! I then downloaded the 9.3.1 qsp but it still loads the 9.3.0 Is there no numerical update at the top or did i miss a step somewhere? when i check the update in the game it doesnt read the changes for 9.3.1 so.... any suggestions on how I can fix this??

JJJJJ__

Dec 5, 2023
Any intent of updating or changing the Mercy clinic quest?
Also, when cleaning fingers while hookup is showering is broken

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
aye i am aware of the issues, o' ballet at least for images. looks like the wrong file was uploaded but it has been too much it will have to wait for the next release to fix.

the introductions to characters will happen when you arrive at the dorms, that is being written now just proved a headache as i am not really a coder on how best to approach this.
After the auditions on 09 July, Sveta is told the apprenticeships will be decided in a few weeks time. Is there more content for the Pushkin Ballet School or do we need to wait for an update?

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
After the auditions on 09 July, Sveta is told the apprenticeships will be decided in a few weeks time. Is there more content for the Pushkin Ballet School or do we need to wait for an update?
wait out, the changes to the growth experience system has fubar'd much of the scoring system, need to find the time to do several full play through up to the ballet school to figure out what is possible for stats upon entering, i also need to complete the summer schoo, expand ballet secrets, and introduce the theatre. there is a lot testing and work to do be done to bring this back up to speed.

yoyodyne

Sep 13, 2017
wait out, the changes to the growth experience system has fubar'd much of the scoring system, need to find the time to do several full play through up to the ballet school to figure out what is possible for stats upon entering, i also need to complete the summer schoo, expand ballet secrets, and introduce the theatre. there is a lot testing and work to do be done to bring this back up to speed.
My first impression is that the storyline and detail is quite good. Great job!

More interaction is needed with the other girls and teachers (obviously, this part is unfinished). My only gripe is the restriction to clothing is that is limited to sports outfits in able to move around. There should be a bit more leeway in clothing choices, especially when leaving the residences.

Curious how being accepted to the school affects the regular school gameplay? I was also wondering why Albina Barlovskaya isn't getting assessed as well, seeing that she is supposed to be the better dancer in Pavlovsk and does Sveta being accepted at the ballet school change their relationship? Can Sveta be at the school and still be in the Starlets? And is Maya Semionova a potential love interest for Sveta? She hot.

My interpretation here: Maya Semionova_Майя Семенова.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Thisguy01

HoodedSilence

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2023
My first impression is that the storyline and detail is quite good. Great job!

More interaction is needed with the other girls and teachers (obviously, this part is unfinished). My only gripe is the restriction to clothing is that is limited to sports outfits in able to move around. There should be a bit more leeway in clothing choices, especially when leaving the residences.

Curious how being accepted to the school affects the regular school gameplay? I was also wondering why Albina Barlovskaya isn't getting assessed as well, seeing that she is supposed to be the better dancer in Pavlovsk and does Sveta being accepted at the ballet school change their relationship? Can Sveta be at the school and still be in the Starlets? And is Maya Semionova a potential love interest for Sveta? She hot.

My interpretation here:
will not say much about maya, there is a clear path for her but it is not what you expect. ballet was set up more like a gated rpg than the standard quests in game, and that is what is giving me the headaches. maya's line originally had three or four lines to worry about, and i am not hooded, so barely able to handle the magic/non-magic content. ballet is going to have magical content and i am tying it to the expansion of lore that i am also doing behind the scenes for the fae and magic. the maya plot line was, complex, to put it mildly. i am concentrating on three characters, which will become obvious on the next release if i can figure out the balancing. there is also a series of events going on in the dorms that have to be plumbed in, and you will not see all the events on first playthrough either nor will you see all of maya's. it is being designed around a new game+ concept which i hope to continue.

as to albina well there is two reasons in-game she is 'tainted' by the starlets and reputation is everything to the ballet school, and yes you will get kicked out if your rep gets too high. it was designed for virgin/non-slut routes. however the main reason she is handled by a different writer, and hooded had a discussion about this so it was agreed to have two distinct paths for a player to follow and given albina would be jealous well you can see the problems that and ballet will be demanding on a players time, probably around 12 hours of training a week if she is accepted into the main coryphée.

i will look into allowing escape into pushkin with normal clothes out of hours but most of the time ballet dancers tend to run around in sports clothing in any case. almost all the content you see written and coded was done by hooded himself, it was some of the last work he did. i would like to extend a thank you and i appreciate the feedback, and i am going to need it going forward as i am nowhere near hoodeds abilities. i got thrown in the deep end and still doggy paddling my way back to shallow waters. i realise it is a bit of a mess, but there was a lot of changes to be made converting from what was initially a mod and bringing it into core which broke so many things that i am still trying to fix combined with all the recent underlying changes to the game.

Reactions: yoyodyne

Risiy

Jun 18, 2023
As a Russian I cannot play this game. This hyperbolic atmosphere of the early 90s is such a HUGE turn off(

Thisguy01

Sep 18, 2020
As a Russian I cannot play this game. This hyperbolic atmosphere of the early 90s is such a HUGE turn off(
Totally undrstand that. As a western, who loves Russia today, I do enjoy the throwback (steroptyped?) vibe. How is the original game in this sense?

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
I had a dream, where Violet Kitten was working on history with some of the teachers in Sveta highschool, so i came here to checkout for new update, but there is no new "teachers" content :(

Derryth

Mar 23, 2019
I had a dream, where Violet Kitten was working on history with some of the teachers in Sveta highschool, so i came here to checkout for new update, but there is no new "teachers" content :(
Every time someone joins the team to add to the teacher content, mysteriously vanishes soon after... never to be heard from again.

• Wow
Reactions: Thisguy01

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I downloaded the all in one and installed correctly via the spoiler instructions! I then downloaded the 9.3.1 qsp but it still loads the 9.3.0 Is there no numerical update at the top or did i miss a step somewhere? when i check the update in the game it doesnt read the changes for 9.3.1 so.... any suggestions on how I can fix this??
I updated the version number so it should be showing correctly. It was only bug fixes so there's no content difference.

4.30 star(s) 81 Votes