Unity - Completed - Girlfriend Saves the City [v4c] [Impy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Lazzrael

Like alot of the games done by impy, there is a slight, and annoying learning curve that doesn't take long to learn. The good news with this particular game is there really isn't a game over, so there isn't a risk for you bumbling around learning things, as with some of the other games they do where after a certain point you can reacha point of no return, and just lose.

Further and to help anyone understand the game is three fold: first you build buildings on one of 4 sections of the map. Each building causes special effects when you happen to walk by them if going through that section of the city. However, most buildings have contingent effects on you winning battles. There is always a battle every way you go, and after doing all 4 points, all enemies you may have defeated refresh.

Second the battles them selves. Think of it like action based battles in that you only move, or place items, but if your character is facing or is directed to go towards an enemy you will attack them. Sadly it's a bit inconsistent in that your attacks can be nearly 3 full moves away, or sometimes, just the act of turning and then locking on gives the enemy a chance to get within one move of you before attacking them. Losing to each enemy type once rewards you with a 1 time special defeat scene. Losing and beating the enemies that appear however, feeds into the last part of the games.

Thirdly city hall, you will always end up here no matter what route you take, and depending on the battles you fought (win or lose), and if you passed by particularly special buildings (church/tavern/news station), you trigger events to occur. These events of course start out rather tame, but as you lose fights, and meet more types of villains, you get lewder and lewder scenes. And some scenes evolve over time, and others only become aparent after crossing various characters together.

Overall I enjoyed the scenes, and honestly wish there was a bit more in terms of ending and character mash ups. Some special areas you build in the city for example are used for dates, but not all areas have the same amount of events. The park for example has about 4 different events, but the zoo only has 2, and of the two it is the same event, but pushed to its next threshold. Events at city hall can also be based on news reports that occur after you visit a news station during a particular run.

Warnings: like most impy games there is definitely a theme of light ntr. What do I mean by light? Well by all standards it is ntr regardless if you see yourself as the actual female hero, or her boyfriend, both cheat/are stolen by others. There's literally a tavern scene encapsulating both cheating on each other at the same time, with differen't people, and they are only separated by a door. But again I stress it's "light" ntr, because a common trait in these games is everyone is basically a slut, or is becoming a slut, or are just generally corrupted. So if you love hard core NTR games where someone is sad or is crushed by their lover cheating on them, this isn't really what you want. It's really just horny people getting their freak on. I will say thought there is slight beastiality in this, which again isn't uncommon in these games by impy.

6/10 gameplay frustration, but once you realize it doesn't matter too much, and then also start to get it, it easily becomes a solid 8/10.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

brast11

Good game, still a bit unfinished. Rules are kind of wierd but once you figure then out you can exploit the game and never lose. Good sprite art. The story is also pretty barebones, but theres potential, and like any other Impy game, theres a ton of potential and great ntr/voyeour content.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

Short and sweet with some nice pixel animations, classic Impy. The general gameplay loop is building up facilities to give you battle items and other resources for the combat sections. It's a bit obtuse and could do with a tutorial page like some of her previous titles but it's not that hard to stumble through a playthrough even without understanding everything.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Redyqar

As usual Impy games are very unique and interesting but at the same time somewhat (needlessly) complex.
    Fighting gameplay is challenging (partly because of RNG and stiffness). Yet sometimes (if the map is right) you can actually pull some amazing maneuvers. At the same time some maps are nothing but pure suffering, mainly bigger maps.
    Town planning gameplay is engaging, especially since with clever planing you can afford to lose here and there. In a way town planing compensates for fighting. Now you actually need to engage with town planing to offset loses, unlike in a lot of games where town planing quickly devolves into pointless side activity.
    Ero stuff is also very good, if you liked Impy previous works you will love this one.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

YuriiH

Pixels graphics is rather OK, but the combat controls are a counterintuitive shore that takes time with no reward. Just imagine, the game requires you to think 8 steps ahead while the AI is completely unpredictable. It could be fine, probably, but you can't change your set moves if anything happens during these 8 steps. Moreover, as the combat maps grow bigger, the combat system turns from extremely bad to a complete disaster.
    Could be much better with adequate character manipulation during combat.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v0.1b]
    Barely anything to see.

-Story, Originality
    You are from "LoopHero"(c), but with simple pixelized pron and unfinished.

-Renders
    Good 2D pixel art.
    But h-scenes look boring and short.

-Sound
    Some simple sounds and music.

-Playability
    There are a lot of buildings and items to use, but there is no explanation what they do...
    Also aftercouple of cycles you just depend on random to win, because there are a lot of enemies+big maps+enemies are tanky.
    I managed to play for 20 minutes, but it can take a lot more if you manage to beat your destiny.

-Performance
    Runs okay.
    But when I first started it, I couldn't start new game (had to restart the app).

-Bugs
    Didn't find any.

-Animations
    2D pixel animations.

-Voice Acting
    No voices.

-Grammar
    Didn't see any mistakes.

-Amount of content
    1 scene per enemy, some scenes for couple of buildings...
    And all h-scenes feel like there is 1 animationwithout progress.
    For now the game is very empty.

So.
    Like the art.
    But h-content is too plain and boring (such art deserves better h-scenes).
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Grex

The game has potential, but in the current state I can only give it three stars.
    The idea is good, but the gameplay is confusing at first and not for those who do not enjoy making strategies and thinking ahead. (In my opinion it desperately needs an in-game tutorial to avoid confusion on which thing does what)
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The scenes are made in a decent pixel art (can improove, but its not nessesary right now). The story is quite simple and easy to follow (But it could use a bigger fount, I could barelly read what was the description of each buiding).
    In general its a good proof of concept or demo, but it needs polish and some qualities of life improvements.