Java Completed Girls Hostel: Elisa in Trouble [v1.0.0a] [KahVegZul]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I downloaded and tried out this game, and in essence it's an Erotic Hotel/Brothel Management Game, hence the name Girls Hostel... The visuals are primarily hand drawn, but done very well... The UI seems complicated, but you pick up on what means what quickly, by following the in-game tutorial as well as hovering over each element... There is definitely some broken English here and there, but it's still understandable... It is a Java based game, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked... It's still a work in progress, so there are some missing elements and more content is needed... But I'm sure that will come with time... It shows some potential, and I'll definitely revisit it when it's closer to completion... I went ahead and posted by review...

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah... something is off here. the game folder is too large and contains too much for what it delivers.
Many Java based games tend to be file heavy programs... Just look at Minecraft, or worse, Minecraft with Modpacks...

Zip

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Is there any way to get Rita as a prostitute if the initial conversation option for her corruption wasn't available?
There is another tenant that had the same issue, and raising the trust with that character and getting the protagonists libido higher opened up an option to have her (think the name was Maria) become a prostitute... The best friend that comes to try and live there, I never saw any option for her to be corrupted... Perhaps that will come in later development? Unsure... Perhaps not all tenants can be used in that way? Since the option is available for completely ignoring the prostitution stuff, if you so desire... Again, unsure... Just have to play and see...

Zip

Glave27

Aug 26, 2017
There is another tenant that had the same issue, and raising the trust with that character and getting the protagonists libido higher opened up an option to have her (think the name was Maria) become a prostitute... The best friend that comes to try and live there, I never saw any option for her to be corrupted... Perhaps that will come in later development? Unsure... Perhaps not all tenants can be used in that way? Since the option is available for completely ignoring the prostitution stuff, if you so desire... Again, unsure... Just have to play and see...

Zip
I think you have to wait for a story event to trigger. Something about her feeling bad about not paying rent. May be days played based. Not sure what starts it.

Oct 16, 2017
The game won't start, and I have the latest Windows Updates, as well as the latest Java update.
What exactly is stopping the game from starting? Oo

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
The game won't start, and I have the latest Windows Updates, as well as the latest Java update.
What exactly is stopping the game from starting? Oo
Do you have some program that might be stopping it from loading perhaps? It loaded right up for me, so not sure what the problem might be... Every persons system and memory resident programs are different... So it's not an easy task to troubleshoot... You either need to experiment with it or just not bother... Sorry...

Zip

Oct 16, 2017
Do you have some program that might be stopping it from loading perhaps? It loaded right up for me, so not sure what the problem might be... Every persons system and memory resident programs are different... So it's not an easy task to troubleshoot... You either need to experiment with it or just not bother... Sorry...

Zip
Well, I highly doubt I have any program stopping it specifically, and seeing as how I managed to easily start another Java game with no problem, I honestly don't think that is the issue.
But, like any other good troubleshooter, I guess I'll just check my anti-virus program to see if it is blocking the game.
Edit: As I thought, the game isn't blocked, it just doesn't want to start for some weird reason.
Could it be that I might need the Developer version of Java to play this game? I wouldn't think a game would need any other than the normal version, though.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Well, I highly doubt I have any program stopping it specifically, and seeing as how I managed to easily start another Java game with no problem, I honestly don't think that is the issue.
Got the same issue, solved with

Oct 16, 2017
That's a mystery for me too :confused:
... It would seem as if this game just doesn't like me at all, I installed the program you linked to me, started the game with that program, and after launching into the start screen, the game instantly shut itself. Then with a second, and a third try, the game gets launched just long enough to show up on my taskbar, but then closes before any actual game window gets opened.

Violine

Oct 25, 2017
Well you need to wait for their events before you can corrupt them, and you need to corrupt them several times before you can use them as prostitutes. Also your lust/corruption needs to be high enough as well or else you wont get the option. As for the other tenants you can befriend them and corrupt them whenever..
Well I think I've waited enough. Rita asked about BJ and I had only option to refuse. Also I had only one option when Maria broke something. Then it was just nothing else. Even with lust = 100

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
But, like any other good troubleshooter, I guess I'll just check my anti-virus program to see if it is blocking the game.
Edit: As I thought, the game isn't blocked, it just doesn't want to start for some weird reason.
Could it be that I might need the Developer version of Java to play this game? I wouldn't think a game would need any other than the normal version, though.
I wouldn't think so... I don't use the developer version and it loaded fine... Sorry, not sure what else to suggest, other then maybe ensuring you minimize the number of active programs to include memory resident ones (i.e. thinks like Steam, Discord, and other misc stuff)… Beyond that I'm unsure...

Zip

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well I think I've waited enough. Rita asked about BJ and I had only option to refuse. Also I had only one option when Maria broke something. Then it was just nothing else. Even with lust = 100
It's still being developed so I'm sure there will be more as content gets added, otherwise I really don't see a use for the Rita character other then an RP one...

Zip

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
Already asked numerous times by others, but i'm gonna repeat the question, is there a way to extract images? Would like to see content before even trying to grind.

mouse84

Dec 18, 2017
... It would seem as if this game just doesn't like me at all, I installed the program you linked to me, started the game with that program, and after launching into the start screen, the game instantly shut itself. Then with a second, and a third try, the game gets launched just long enough to show up on my taskbar, but then closes before any actual game window gets opened.
Are you using the Right kind of Java for your game version (32-bit or 64-bit) I usually just keep both installed, just to save some headaches.

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes