goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
It use the standard http protocol. You can download wireshark and view all request and response data
Fuck, he's an idiot. It really is just a web browser, with hardcoded addresses. Yep, gotta stamp out them dirty pirates. Never mind that they led to half (or more) of his patronage in BB. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Snugglepuff

balabasuu

May 17, 2017
:rolleyes:

You're missing the points.

The site downloads the online version, calls it the offline version, and gets page (and ad) views when people come to download it. Google "clickbait".

There are people among the 8 billion on this planet who could hack his stuff. They'd have to hack his server, because the online client doesn't have the entire game script. Hacking the online game to play offline is like hacking Firefox to display cnn.com when you're offline. Updated in realtime. It can't be done, because the data you need is simply not there. So you'd have to hack his server. Of the thousands (my wild guess) of people on this planet who could do that, what portion of them:
  1. know about his game,
  2. care enough to hack it,
  3. care enough about f95zone to post the hack here, and
  4. care enough to keep the hack updated after it's patched?
I think that number approaches 0.

This game is a web browser running on a web server. The offline version is a web browser that connects to a local web server. Just because it doesn't use the standard http protocol doesn't mean that's not what it is.
Yes, yes, yes: DS is a SUPER-programmer!
Given that the Russian have no idea how to make a computer!

starlord99

Nov 16, 2017
Dark Silver posted
0.13 for patrons $5+ and 0.12 (offline)
Today's 19th, so our $5 Patrons get access to 0.13 ( )
As always, your client will update to version 0.13 automatically (including images).

Today is also the day we release an offline version (0.12). .
And when do we get acces to 0.12 online?

Reactions: Bellyk Franck

Shape

Dec 7, 2017
I just played 0.12 offline and there is same fucking bug than 0.11 offline. Is anyone else the same bug, that if you click for example bathroom, Max don't go bathroom, but he go kitchen? Character don't go allways to the right place where i click. Another bug is that I have to click 10 times and only then I can go watch for example Ann closer.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
And when do we get acces to 0.12 online?
Now.

The only difference is one requires an active internet connection between the client (you and your computer) and Dark Silver's server to be able to play at all.

The rather obviously named Offline one, doesn't require that...

I just played 0.12 offline and there is same fucking bug than 0.11 offline. Is anyone else the same bug, that if you click for example bathroom, Max don't go bathroom, but he go kitchen? Character don't go allways to the right place where i click. Another bug is that I have to click 10 times and only then I can go watch for example Ann closer.
Never seen that bug before, and not experiencing it with 0.12 Offline.

Are you playing fullscreen or windowed?
Resolution?

starlord99

Nov 16, 2017
Now.

The only difference is one requires an active internet connection between the client (you and your computer) and Dark Silver's server to be able to play at all.

The rather obviously named Offline one, doesn't require that...

Resolution?
has it updated yet? cause, for example, when I try to select Max in the new game screen, it says I don't have access to 0.12 content.

Gian83

Dec 5, 2017
CG for 0.12 version please?? is there a way to view images in folders without necessarily playing games?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
EVERYONE!

You can download the v0.13 game that @Kratos7682 linked above, but you will not be able to play the v0.13 content unless you are a paying patron pledging $$ to DarkSilver's Patreon page. It's really very simple, and this fact has been repeated on this thread dozens of times. Why the confusion?

The startup page will say v0.13 because the v13 assets are there. You can even look at all the v13 images if you want! But you will not have access to the v13 content by launching the game unless you have a Patreon account with a pledge to DS.

The offline version of v0.12 will probably be available tomorrow (DS was late with the offline version last time, so we'll see), but be warned: There is no advancement of the storyline in v12. The v12 release was entirely about building the new Max/BB villa universe. All you can do in v12 is select Max as the MC and then wander around the villa to look at Anne, Lisa, Alice, and Kira. Max can spy on them changing or bathing, but he cannot interact with them in any way.

If you are eager about v12, unless you have been dying for new renders of the BB characters, you'll be disappointed if you're looking for new Glamour content.

The v0.13 offline version will be available May 19th. It is large update with a ton of content that focuses almost exclusively on Kate and Alice, with some Oscar and Dr. Zoe content thrown in.
Thank you for the explanation. This was not obvious to me. You saved me from playing through v13 as a guest and wasting my time for no new content. I assumed that there would be extra content for the patreon start but usually a version update doesn't mean zero content so I would have expected some new content on the guest start as well. Oh well, guess I'll just wait.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
has it updated yet? cause, for example, when I try to select Max in the new game screen, it says I don't have access to 0.12 content.
Then use the 0.12 Offline... It's not rocket science.
There's nothing to do in it besides wasting time and peeking in the shower, and using the webcams, so it's kind of a pointless update for playing.
There's also no new content for Kate, because of the time that was devoted to 0.12, and IIRC 0.13 is a Kate update so nothing for playing as Max beyond some extremely minor additions to the daily routines of the people in the house.

starlord99

Nov 16, 2017
Then use the 0.12 Offline... It's not rocket science.
There's nothing to do in it besides wasting time and peeking in the shower, and using the webcams, so it's kind of a pointless update for playing.
There's also no new content for Kate, because of the time that was devoted to 0.12, and IIRC 0.13 is a Kate update so nothing for playing as Max beyond some extremely minor additions to the daily routines of the people in the house.
Ive only played the olnine version til now, I'd have to replay all the game if I get offline now and there's too much grinding for that...

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Ive only played the olnine version til now, I'd have to replay all the game if I get offline now and there's too much grinding for that...
Well, since there's nothing to really do in 0.12 at all, you can either wait a month for the Kate update or start over with 0.12 Offline.
That's really the only choices you have.

Shape

Dec 7, 2017

Resolution?
Fullscreen. Resolution is biggest possible in game. My computers resolution is 1024x768. What resolution i have to use in game or computer? Same resolution in game and computer?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Fullscreen. Resolution is biggest possible in game. My computers resolution is 1024x768. What resolution i have to use in game or computer? Same resolution in game and computer?
For fullscreen, you should always use the same resolution that your monitor/screen displays at. So, you should be using 1024x768 resolution for the game.

I play windowed, second largest resolution, and have not had an issue at all.

you only have the option to play windowed or full screen
And you can select the resolution too, for either windowed or full screen.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
For fullscreen, you should always use the same resolution that your monitor/screen displays at. So, you should be using 1024x768 resolution for the game.

I play windowed, second largest resolution, and have not had an issue at all.

And you can select the resolution too, for either windowed or full screen.
i am not sure about this was for me

this is what i see
and only option are windowed or not
i can't adjust the other options
but i am a online player

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes