Ren'Py - God among Kings [v0.23] [SolidDoc]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Abbys_Cat

Version 0.05

Sorry, man, but this turn-based battle system sucks. It's not well done, limited attack options, and the machine always has the upper hand. I lost in the first battle. This game should have a visual novel mode to skip these battles. I know some people like it, and I do too to a certain extent, but in this game, it's just not working for me. I hope the game keeps evolving, and good luck to the author.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Warlock

version 0.05

This is a good start, I can see the Dev put a lot of thought and work in the combat system and combat scenarios. I wish it was hexagons and it feels weird that I can't attack diagonally and that archers can shoot point blank but those are just personal preferences. Also this game does formation battles better than in most media I've seen, during some of the scenarios it's like watching an action movie in my head if that makes sense. The sex scenes are nice, I enjoyed the casual theme where MC does it with everyone at any time. The kingdom management is not developed enough to comment on.

Here is some feedback:
    - combat requires too many clicks, is clunky and lasts longer than necessary at least party because of the UI, if I select a character I should be able to left click an empty square in range and move there immediately without extra clicking, same with attacking into an enemy square, just this would speed up combat considerably, also do we really need 3 waves for the last bandit fight, 1 or 2 should be enough
    - would be nice if combat was "sexyer" more animations more poses etc.
    - sex scenes should be significantly longer and more elaborate, perhaps sprinkle some extra surprise sex scenes during combat - once you reach an objective or something

I hope the Dev sticks with it and continues to improve, because I really enjoyed the relatively unique (for a ren'py) direction this game is going so far. I think there is a lot of potential.