RPGM - Completed - Goddess Seed [Omni Edition] [gtswaifuism]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Kan'u Unchou

A review of the final version "omni edition" of the game.
    Starting from the art, the art is a mix of 3D models and 2D images. The 2D images looks terrible, like the carameldansen level of art. The 3D art is again divided between women that look like realwomen, just uglier, and the caramelldansen sort of 3D models (kigurumi-ish).

The overarching plot is non existent throughout the game's 4 chapters and the belief at the start that it may have a plot gets quickly dissipated. The characters are uninspiring, generic beyond generic, and have no personality at all except fawning over the main character. Now this may sound like I have an issue with waifus fawning over MC and am a plot or character development militant, but the thing is the answer lies in what I meant by 'generic beyond genric". The characters act like bad autistic woman tik tok imitations of the cliche of cliched harem anime characters.

To fathom how beyond the pale these characters are, let me give you some examples:
    1. suppose a character that look like a western woman's realistic 3D model has cat ears with tail on that goes "I'll protect my onii-chan". Now this isnt jarring enough still, so imagine another character like this is also basically oscillating between the tsundere and deredere character types frequently while replacing normal english words with their japanese counterparts.
    2. Suppose there are major characters that become a part of the plot but came in having fallen in love with the character off screen because the character merely exists and they all behave in that exact same weaboo caricature of the stereotypical anime/ manga characer personalities.

I haven't even touched on the H scenes yet. The selling point of this game is gigantism fetish, but it is so poorly implemented that neiter the text nor the images provide the kind of stimulation you want to feel by undertaking certain acts only possible with giant characters. You can get off these scenes in monster girl games, other visual novels etc. The scale sometimes is too big, like a person doing it with mount everest, and not relatively bigger. Thus, the manner of sexual skin to skin contact and its visual depiction does not induce any form of aruosal owing to a lack mental visualisation. The text exacerbates this problem as no descriptive account of what is supposed to be arousing in the scene is properly provided. The poor characterisation makes it worse and you can't get interested in the characters. The main character at points is sub to characters acting sub in the same h scene by adding -sama to them while they do it too. At the same time lol.

Other annoying things or issues in the game are:-

1. The writing uses asterisk marks to describe action as in roleplay and not something like a first person or a 3rd person account of the actions. Eg:- "I touched the x and then...." or "rance uses his hyper weapon....", instead opting for *touches his fingers* sort of writing.

2. The gameplay at first felt as if maybe it will be a proper dungeon crawler but turns out it is worse than unbalanced games and only exists for the sake of showing you are fighting through dungeons, if it exists as an immersion mechanism, it might as well not exist because it gets boring instantly the moment you realise it is pointless.

3. The parodying of characters from other media and references to them felt way too forced, although i must admit it felt funny because of how much worse they made the original base game's "plot" to be which is also made tongue in cheek. Be it AOT's basement, dragon ball's teleportation, overlord momon in the dungeon, death note, main chara looking like noctis(?) etc. But these things rarely also made it so bad that it actually became funny when you take a step back and ponder "what is wrong with this game" ( instead of "what a tongue in cheek masterpiece") and made me give it 2 stars instead of 1. (also because "breeding island" really gave me perspective on what is a 1 star, and is now my benchmark for such on this site.)

The game is actually worse than a "certain next generation full dive RPG that is worse than real life", but unlike said RPG that turned the show it inhabited into a genuinely/ unironically incredible dark comedy anime, laughing at how bad this game is still doesn't help you to sit through it.