Others [Godot] New Game: No Trace Of Luck - Pre-Release Development Thread

trazzdiiiii

Apr 20, 2018
Hi all, I am working on a new game. It's built in Godot. Full disclosure up front: All art is AI generated. But I put a ton of work into generating and selecting great art. I generate hundreds (maybe thousands at this point) of images, comb through each one, select the best 1-2 images per batch, and do modifications in photoshop to clean them up before adding them to the game.

I will use this thread to post some updates for the 2 people out there who might care while I work on it. This content is F95 exclusive, I have no patreon, am not accepting any kind of donations, and am posting my content exclusively here for free.

LATEST UPDATE: 4/28/2024

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Controls: spacebar to skip dialogue quickly, H to hide dialogue

Latest version:

Screenshots

1713744508192.png 1713744585140.png 1713744628884.png

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

trazzdiiiii

Apr 20, 2018
New version just uploaded. I have the poker running really solid now. Add character art to the conversations, and built support for short video animations (AI generated). You'll see one at the very end.

New version download link:

Image:
1714255744455.png

Last edited:

trazzdiiiii

Apr 20, 2018
New version uploaded. From a content standpoint, only minor changes. But in the back-end there have been some serious overhauls that will allow me to move much faster.

Changes
  • Added support for fade-in/fade-out transitions, selective pausing / disabling of the UI to make certain scene transitions (especially video transitions) look a lot better.
  • I removed that 1 character cg that I mentioned felt out of place
  • I fixed the issue where mashing Spacebar could cause you to inadvertently make wrong choices
  • (Not user facing) I modified the open-source scene management tool that I use to better suit my workflow, allowing me to configure backgrounds, character art, and dialogue all in one screen. This will allow me to build new content much faster.

Here's 2 screenshots, one is just for fun (it was already in the game before) the other is a screenshot of my updated scene tools (notice I can now select a Background and Character State on each dialogue node. I could not do this before

Latest download:

1714359403613.png 1714359480369.png