HTML - Abandoned - Golden Leaf [v0.2.4.1] [Khroma]

1. 2.00 star(s)

souldead341

First things first, this is and early version of the game (0.2.1) so may be far better later in development.

So at this point there's relatively little reason to play this game. I admittedly didn't play much, but it falls into the overly and pointlessly detailed life sim type of game. I know that it's something that appeals to some people, but not to me since I find the over complications to be pointless fluff.

To elaborate, if you want to cook you go to your laptop, which is only in your bedroom on your desk and learn a recipe there. You then leave the house and have to click on the individual streets leading to where you want to go, just adding in steps for farther travels. You enter the store and have to go to each section of the store to get the ingredients. Repeat travel back to your house. Go to the kitchen, select the recipe, and get the individual ingredients out of the three separate locations in the kitchen. Then you have to select the right things to do to cook the dish. Then you get to manually select to eat the food and put away any extra / leftover / whatever ingredients.

Now this might be fine for some people, but is a bunch of needlessly complex fluff in my opinion. You could cut out the extra travel steps and just allow clicking on the map where you want to go and have one or more events fire based on the travel route (when those travel / street events are made). I'll admit the route you take may play a role later in the game's development, but as it it the travel method just adds pointless extra clicks.

You could just assume that the character will get the ingredients out for the recipe they're preparing rather than requiring the player to get them out individually (and put them away if needed). The minigame to make the food better quality is meh, and honestly doesn't change much for me personally since it's just 2 things for the first recipe (though I didn't look at any others).

The masturbation minigame (female PC) is select what each hand is doing from a menu and just have it advance. It reminds me a little of lilith's throne, but even more (pointlessly) detailed in my opinion. It honestly feels more like ikea masturbation than titillation to me. Left hand rubs tit, right hand rubs labia. Again, this is early in development but I personally don't find it that good.

Everything else seems to be really just placeholders or WIP, and I wasn't interested enough to dig farther into it. And again, this is based on t he early version of the game and may be better / changed in later versions.