Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
Time to drop it, peace!
Edit:I bet i'll get some warning or some shit for this, still, dude get the fuck out of here with your negative shit, you won't get paid for that hoe ass useless comment.
This game is awsome, don't mind the negative comments and pay for a game only if you can afford!!
stop being a boot licker for people you dont know. Don't you have at least a little bit of honor and self-respect?

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
So I understand that there's a sharing and non-sharing path, but are both given the same amount of content? Or is it one of those where non-sharing is just a bunch of cut scenes and end up being half the game?
ntr is drop story wise. only the scenes in the bakery which really isn't any story content there.

Unfortunately, No news since mid August. Last thing posted was a poll on Diana's workout outfit.
not surprising. the first guy whom owned the game was paying the server costs that sped up renders and also made them look really good. after they had a falling out. this is what you get. and it's ran by only 2 people, one that codes and and can do little art and the other that does only art. anyone pledge to this is being ripped. because i seen the gigs of pictures. 0.5 and 0.6 should been done LONG ago.

Bruno66

Oct 18, 2019
I would say it's a rip-off at its finest. It's a shame, it started well, but it's no fun anymore. :cool:

ReinerSchultz

Sep 12, 2024
View attachment 2082460

Overview:
After his grandpa dies, a young man finds a demonic horn with magic powers inside of it. But with great power comes great responsibility. And now when the Inquisition is after him, can he keep himself safe while keeping his family together?​

Thread Updated: 2024-01-27
Release Date: 2023-12-24
Developer: DrMolly
Censored: no
Version: 0.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
NTR is Avoidable. If you use old saves: Talk with Ashandra in the library again.

DOWNLOAD

Win/Linux/Mac: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - -
Android (v0.2b): MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Extra: Walkthrough - Italian translation - Gallery unlock* -
F4iunyl3x thanks for the link

View attachment 2082461 View attachment 2082462 View attachment 2082463 View attachment 2082464 View attachment 2082465 View attachment 2082466 View attachment 2082467 View attachment 2082468 View attachment 2082469 View attachment 2082470 View attachment 2082471 View attachment 2082472 View attachment 2082473 View attachment 3323010 View attachment 3323011 View attachment 3323012 View attachment 3323013 View attachment 3323017
Wheres the Cheat Button now in version 0.4? Somebody know?

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
If i'm not mistaken it's been almost 4 months now with no proper progress report. I'm starting to worry as well :BootyTime:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
If i'm not mistaken it's been almost 4 months now with no proper progress report. I'm starting to worry as well :BootyTime:
This is why devs who waste time on gatekeeping are always a red flag... they're too worried about the money for a fucking crowdfunding project, which means they're either broke and should be doing something else, or are gonna end up salty they aren't making mint and not put out... You can't win with these types, no matter how good their work is...

Dr.Zed

Jun 4, 2020
a bit of elaboration from his side would gone a long way! why can't you say that you don't have even an rough estimate, I mean yeah... my hopes are falling by the week. I was so pumped for it! ohh well... on to the next adventure!
It was good as long as it lasted.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
the first guy whom owned the game was paying the server costs that sped up renders and also made them look really good. after they had a falling out. this is what you get.
Who was the guy who was in charge before? Got any name or patreon page, etc?

Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
I agree with you, I am terminating my subscription.

View attachment 4035224
When I saw your name in my notifications, I thought we were finally getting some news lol, but thanks for being willing to share patreon posts with us Horny Little Brother, and to Looper9 too. Molly and Dax's lack of communication with both patreon and the community reflects poorly on them and the game. Although I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt to them, I think its fair for more and more patrons to want to back out with how often they go radio silent, especially this long between updates.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I think people overestimate how much Inked Horn Studios played a role into this games development, and simultaneously underestimate the work Molly did and has done by themselves. Before giving Inked Horn this much credit, I recommend you play the demo and see for yourself how poorly made it is compared to the current renpy version of the game.

My take away from playing the unity version of the game is that it is inferior to the renpy version in all ways and it's actually quite impressive that Molly was able to render, write and code a better game in the same amount of time it took Inked Horn to release his unity version of 1.0, but that is only if the 1.0 version of The X was actually made in Unity and not renpy (and that GM 1.0 was also a ren'py release and not unity), as the links to both versions of the game are broken, so I made an assumption off the demo linked on f95 that both the demo and 1.0 version released by Inked Horn were both made in unity.

That being said, after both playing the demo and actually reading the patreon post, I've come to the conclusion that although Molly 100% ripped off Inked Horn, Inked Horn carries a fair chunk, if not most of the blame. My summary, that you can fact , is as follows:

- Inked meets Molly on Redoxa discord
- They discuss creating a game, come up with 3 ideas
- molly has a bad gpu for rendering, Inked offers and rents server for molly to use for rendering
- Molly uses the server to work on things other than the game (comics w/ redoxa, pixiv commisions)
- Inked wants feb release, feb comes molly is still working for Redoxa due to personal and money issues he was having
- they decide to push release to april, still nothing done, so they release demo (current game's intro that you can skip)
- due to work not getting done on game, Inked says he can no longer pay for expensive server
- inked keeps giving Molly money even though he isn't working on their game
- molly gets better gpu in july to render on his own machine, inked says focus on writing the game for now, says that if the game is good patrons will come and money issues will be solved
- inked keeps complaining about molly being difficult to work with (how he doesn't write well, that he's finding it hard to write, wants to rent server again etc.)
- Inked wants last bit of dialogue from molly to start testing and needs to find tester
- Inked keeps saying molly is complaining about work and his health and money, they start communicating less and he finds himself in the situation he was in during the rendering server fiasco, where Molly gets to do whatever he wants and Inked twiddles his thumbs
- Molly gives last bit of dialogue on 25 august 2022, and Molly wants to release their game by august 29/30 2022 (molly releases renpy version on 19 sept 2022)
- Inked says he won't be able to release by then
- Inked later finds out that Molly opens his own patreon and releases his own version of the game in renpy (assumption of renpy, I don't have access to GM 1.0), released the exact same day that Inked releases ep1 (assumed unity like demo, link to The X 1.0 is broke)

Conclusion: Molly did do wrong by Inked Horn, but Inked Horn's own poor communication skills (based on his own testimony) make him the actual fool. Meets a stranger on discord, continue dumps money into that stranger while complain in his head at how much said stranger doesn't do what he wants. Enables Molly to use the rendering server for whatever he likes, entrusts Molly with essentially all the work for the game minus programming. Everyone likes to pretend that this rendering server was responsible for the quick release dates for all prior updates, but based on Inked Horn's own words, this server was barely used for the game and seemingly only existed for the duration of the Demo, aka the Intro in the current game (as Inked mention in his post that after their demo release in april, Molly wants to rent the server again for rendering in july, which Inked Horn stopped paying for). The work they did was only for 1.0 so every release after was entirely Molly and Dax. The render farm Inked paid for only existed until their demo release, with the rest being done on Molly's upgraded hardware.

There's definitely warrented criticism of Dr. Molly in this situation and with GM in general, but calling to this situation over and again is a bad gotcha. It's a weird thing that happened early on in this games development and Molly sounds pretty bad from Inked's perspective, but I don't have much sympathy for a guy who kind of just sat on his hands the entire time, did pretty much none of the work aside from making a pretty shit version of the game in unity and then disappeared with his last patreon post saying he was making a game in unreal. Molly's renpy version is infinitely better than Inked's.
Damn, I never even read all the drama with the close; I knew it happened, but I don't think Inked had posted that essay at the time. Crazy how half the devs in this space are always sick/broke. IDK if they think this is a free money printer or something.

At this point I still have a hard time disaggregating who was responsible for most of the bones of the story; I think it's still going in an OK direction, but it's both progressing really slowly and somewhat meandering... Either way, I feel like Inked has bad intuition about what makes a project good (doing a VN in Unity, without actually making major improvements to the plugins available like Faerin, just handing responsibility off to a rando, not storyboarding and pre-programming based on the boards, etc...) and would probably not have done anything great without Dr. Molly. As we've seen, he still hasn't come up with a replacement project or hired another artist to continue his version of the story.

But while Dr. Molly has put out a better product, there are way too many red flags on his side, including his writing abilities (in a more structural sense than syntactical). Also, the animations haven't been as good as I'd hoped they'd be based on the initial product. We'll see if they improve on the next release.

Also, does someone have the 0.1 release of The X?

YaBoy

Jan 2, 2017
There's a few new preview posts as well as a progress report posted today, hope somebody can share.

4.30 star(s) 86 Votes